Finger Foods and Little Apitizers

admo

What are some easy to make, lightweight appetizers you recommend? Perhaps something that goes with an adult beverage a few hours before kickoff? You know, nothing too heavy or filling.

Recently I put this little gem together. Summer Sausage, Lettuce, Tomato, Jalapeno.

Pretty simple. Slice six or seven pieces of summer sausage (thin). Shred some lettuce (or small chunks). Slice tomato (round). Cut up some fresh raw jalapenos however you want to!

It doesn't really matter how you combine. I just went with sausage on bottom, next layer tomato, next layer a few shreds of lettuce, and a few bits of jalapeno. Then washed it down with a Mexican Red Beer (Michelada). There's tons of recipes for that, but will need a blender. It's basically a spicy red beer that I pour into a Collins glass over ice. Yes ice cubes. Don't knock it until you try it that way. But it is a summer thing.

It's a light little meal and keeps you from dozing off before the big game, the big meal, the big booze. chuckleshuffle

Any other suggestions or recommendations that you enjoy?

• Fire 1

• 4 weeks later...

we take Chicken thigh meat wrap it in bacon and place the lot of them in a bowl with brown sugar and an Asian style crushed red pepper. We let the brown sugar caramelize and liquify then grill them.

also we take Cream cheese and chorizo and stuff that into a jalapeño wrap in bacon and grill.