NBC Sports Season Preview

Mavric

PROGRAMS ON THE DECLINE

Nebraska: Tim Miles arrived with a lot of enthusiasm four years ago and Nebraska opened a $180-million arena in 2013, but the Huskers have just one NCAA tournament appearance and three losing seasons to show for it. The late grad transfer of Andrew White is a major blow, and Nebraska simply doesn’t have a ton of talent or experience on the roster, nor do they appear to be making any major gains on the recruiting trail. Simply put, Miles is finding out what all his predecessors have – it’s very hard to win in Lincoln.

Link

Not trying to go too far off topic, but what coach could Nebraska get who would be better than Miles? I mean he is doing wonders in recruiting to our basketball program, no one has recruited this well at Nebraska until he got here. I mean the only way Nebraska becomes a final four contender is if we get Calipari(which would never happen) to come here, problem is he brings a lot of his baggage with him. I would say Miles has three more years to make the tourney, before he gets fired and we have to also have one year of making the NIT and he would be allowed for a sub par year in there as well. It seems like we have to keep him, because he is doing a good job of recruiting to a place with no tourney win. Time will tell, but we need to start wining sooner rather then later.

I guess I'm not convinced about his recruiting as some are. Doesn't sound like the article in the OP is either.

The 2015 class looks to be pretty good. Not sure there are any program-changers in there but three solid contributors. There isn't anyone left from the 2014 class. The 2013 class looks like it's going to produce exactly one four-year contributor. So he has one pretty good class and a couple pretty poor ones so far. Kind of like his coaching. And those three classes combined to yield no centers.

And I don't think he's on a three-year plan anymore. Otherwise he would have gotten an extension this off-season. I think there have been some benchmarks put in place and he will be on a pretty hot seat if the results don't improve.

I mean .... if recruiting has improved as much as some like to claim and he can't even field a .500 team with "the most talent we've ever had", that doesn't say much about his coaching ability. Well, actually it does, just not the things he'd like to have said.

I guess I'm not convinced about his recruiting as some are. Doesn't sound like the article in the OP is either.

The 2015 class looks to be pretty good. Not sure there are any program-changers in there but three solid contributors. There isn't anyone left from the 2014 class. The 2013 class looks like it's going to produce exactly one four-year contributor. So he has one pretty good class and a couple pretty poor ones so far. Kind of like his coaching. And those three classes combined to yield no centers.

And I don't think he's on a three-year plan anymore. Otherwise he would have gotten an extension this off-season. I think there have been some benchmarks put in place and he will be on a pretty hot seat if the results don't improve.

I mean .... if recruiting has improved as much as some like to claim and he can't even field a .500 team with "the most talent we've ever had", that doesn't say much about his coaching ability. Well, actually it does, just not the things he'd like to have said.

Good points Mav, I was saying he gets three years to make the tourney, but to keep his job he has to have two winning years and we could make the NIT, if we didn't make the tourney. I am thinking a losing season this year would make some admin mad but I say he has two losing years before he gets fired.

• Fire 1