Scheduling Woes

jjamuss

When Nebraska entered the B1G, I remember our schedule was brutal... all the big boys wanted a shot at us, and they got it. I wonder if Barry Alvarez is whining or has a legitimate complaint about scheduling; although, to be the best you must beat the best.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/09/29/wisconsin-ad-barry-alvarez-wants-changes-to-big-ten-scheduling/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs&yptr=yahoo

Sorry if this is a violation of board rules in posting a link to the story, thought it was interesting to see the topic come up...especially from the source from which it originated.

GBR!

• Fire 1

Agree. Quite your whining Mr. Alvarez! Run the table and no one will have questions like everyone did regarding Iowa last year. And it seems the questions were warranted since Iowa got whipped up and down the field at the Rose Bowl.

I would be a bit ashamed if anyone at NU said this kind of thing. I hope our team WANTS to play the best as often as possible.

• Fire 1

Maryland had a pretty tough schedule last season...what with Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State, Penn State (c'mon, it's MARYLAND), Wisconsin, and Iowa on the conference slate. p.s. - The only scheduling foul I'll complain about has to do with Michigan. Nebraska has played twice in (that whore named) Ann Arbor since joining up and the skunkbears visited Lincoln just once. Our kids restart that series in Michigan in 2018, too, as was previously mentioned ITT. If you know your history, going back to the Western conference especially, you'll know that scUM has had its share of slanted home field arrangements. From 1943 to 1958 Michigan played Indiana fifteen times, all in Ann Arbor. They played MSU eleven of thirteen games in Ann Arbor from 1945 to 1957. When you know that, it colors that winningest program distinction a little differently.

I don't think we should throw stones at Wisconsin when most here complained about Iowa's easy schedule last year. Also, when you're playing teams like LSU and Alabama in your non-con and have already beaten two top 10 teams this year I think you get a little slack. I'm sure people wouldn't be thrilled to be on the other end of this with a non-con of Indiana/Maryland/Rutgers. And if Wisconsin does go undefeated in the regular season, and as long as we beat the teams we should before them, they would have to play and beat five top 10 teams in the regular season with a probable top 10 matchup in the CCG unless the East splits games. If Iowa hadn't lost to NDSU that could've potentially been another one.