Ranking the Remaining Games

Mavric

Saw this posted elsewhere and thought it was an interesting question to consider. Several teams viewed differently from when the year started.

I'd rank the games as follows (toughest to easiest):

Ohio State

Wisconsin

Maryland

Indiana

Iowa

Minnesota

Purdue

I think the top two and bottom two are probably pretty set. The middle three could go different ways. Interesting to see how beat up Indiana is after playing tOSU this weekend.

Good topic.

I would put it:

OSU = Easy pick

Wisconsin = They are going to be pretty beat by then but they still will be tough

Maryland = Surprise team for me this year. They are going to be coming off of Mich and OSU so it will be interestin where their mind is going to be.

Indiana = It's the next game and they look like they can score points. We have some injuries....so....let's just take care of business and move on.

Minnesota = Decent team to not take for granted.

Iowa = they suck and they will be totally demoralized by then. I see them with possibly 4-5 more losses before us. We may be their bowl game so it still may be a dog fight.

Purdue = It's Purdue. We need to just take care of business this time.

• Fire 1

IMHO; although Indiana does seem a little scary because they look like they can put up points; for that reason, I don't think they will be overlooked. PLUS, I think we can wear them down just like other mid-tier teams we have played.

The Iowa game will depend on the circumstances surrounding the game. If we have clinched B1G west, or are eliminated from the CCG, I believe the guys may play with less determination, while Iowa may be looking to salvage a season w/ a win over a rival.

Ohio St.

Wisconsin

Iowa/Indiana *depending on circumstance

Maryland - Haven't really played anyone truly noteworthy; still, they have won and won fairly easily.

Minnesota - Nothing special this year; but they still look like they can play a team tough

Purdue - Should be a win if we stick to a smart gameplan

I'll be the weird person.

Wisconsin - putting Wisconsin at top, not because they're the best team but because they're good and because...

Ohio State - with OSU we have almost nothing to lose. Everyone thinks OSU will win and psychology is an important factor, imo

Indiana

Maryland

Minnesota

Iowa

Purdue

• Fire 1

I'll go Indiana. Good QB with a 62% completion rate and averages 10 yards per attempt. He will test our secondary. I think we might overlook them looking ahead to, yep, Purdue for revenge and Wisky.... However, he has thrown 6 picks. Hit him hard and often and get inside his head, he might go all Wyoming and throw a few gifts.

Indiana

OSU-duh

Wisky- wins impressive, until you look TA where those teams are now (maybe same fir NU)

Iowa-shoulda, coulda, woulda they play us tough

Maryland- look good.

Minnie- solid team

Purdue- I want to hang 50+ and hold them to 0

I know people say the Oregon win has lost its luster. I agree, to a degree. They are still Oregon and have been where we want to be for the past decade. They have more speed and equal athletes and they are Oregon. I see us as an improving team. Something I'm very happy for. I see a smarter TA. I think if we get healthy, we can play and honestly win any of the games on our schedule. Of course, we can't kill ourselves with penalties or think that we can wait until the 4th to wear down the likes of Wisky, OSU and Iowa.....really need to play hard from the first to last whistle.

Viewing the chalk talk, really shows incite into the multiplicity of Langs O. Same formations, it so much we can do. Hard for a D to key on play based upon formation. Langs really seems to know how to protect the O and exploit the D. I guess I finally understand the "take what the D gives us". More like exploit what they scheme.

I'll be the weird person.

Wisconsin - putting Wisconsin at top, not because they're the best team but because they're good and because...

Ohio State - with OSU we have almost nothing to lose. Everyone thinks OSU will win and psychology is an important factor, imo

Indiana

Maryland

Minnesota

Iowa

Purdue

I like your perspective, it actually makes sense. There will be more pressure on the team when we play Wisconsin because that game may make or break the season for us. The Ohio State game is not as big because we will still control our destiny if we get by Wisconsin, we will be playing against Ohio State with nothing to lose.