Nebraska recruit hosting vs. the Big Ten

Regardless of how much you pay attention to recruiting, this is a pretty incredible thing:

Huskers stand alone in official visitors; Coaches' interesting connections to 4-star receiver

Nebraska stands alone this season when it comes to hosting official visitors.

The Huskers have brought 25 recruits to campus on official visits through the first five weeks of the season. That’s almost three times as many as the next Big Ten school, and nearly as much as the rest of the conference combined.

The 13 other Big Ten schools have hosted a combined 30 official visitors this season. Michigan accounts for nine of those, with eight on campus last weekend for the Wolverines’ win over Wisconsin. Iowa and Minnesota have each hosted four; Penn State, Maryland and Indiana three. Ohio State, Rutgers, Wisconsin and Purdue haven’t hosted any yet.

• Fire 1

Meh... You'd expect that, in a sense. Yes, we're kicking ass. That's agreeable. But nearly as much as the rest of the conference combined? Most kids (wanting to visit multiple schools) in Ohio don't OV to Ohio State. Most kids (wanting to visit multiple schools) in Michigan don't OV to Michigan and Michigan St. We're in a geographic dead zone, so it makes sense for us to have a much higher total of OV's than other schools.

That said, 3 times higher shows this staff is going above and beyond even after all things are considered.

I just hope and pray that it turns into results in the form of commits. These guys have been doing everything right with so much enthusiasm and excitement, especially in comparison to the previous staff, that it will be incredibly disheartening if it doesn't pay off.

Just by sheer numbers, I have to think we will land some of these recruits. Now, we have hosted 25 and I'm sure there will be more visiting before signing day. We only have something like 8-10 more spots.

It would be nice if we were in the position to pick and choose which of these we take. But, instead, it's going to be really interesting to see which ones we won over because we are so awesome.

I'm much more impressed with this than Atbone. Getting kids to campus from places like California has been a problem during the season for the last few staffs. Then, when you look at the quality of recruits they have been able to pull in for a visit....wow.