Available Coaches

Top 20 and top 25 or so.

With a high potential for improvement on both.

Why do you remain such a huge fan of Pelini? He is gone. And he's not coming back. He might not even be able to land a coaching job at any other decent FBS school. Maybe it's time for you to try to get over Pelini.

• Fire 4

Top 20 and top 25 or so.

Why do you remain such a huge fan of Pelini? He is gone. And he's not coming back. He might not even be able to land a coaching job at any other decent FBS school. Maybe it's time for you to try to get over Pelini.

I remain a fan of reality.

I think the pillory of him and his players says more about certain Husker fans than about those guys.

Top 20 and top 25 or so.

I think the pillory of him and his players says more about certain Husker fans than about those guys.

It's okay Patrick. Your dad will find another coaching job soon enough. He may even get to go coach at Purdue! Doesn't that sound neat?
  • Fire 4

Top 20 and top 25 or so.

I doubt if you remember this, but I was one of the very few people on this board—or in Husker nation for that matter—who did not want Pelini to get fired back in 2014. But since he was fired I've moved on. I support the current team and coaches. And now that I've had some time to think about it, I certainly don't miss Pelini's childish sideline outbursts and paranoid treatment of the media and fans.

• Fire 2

Top 20 and top 25 or so.

I doubt if you remember this, but I was one of the very few people on this board—or in Husker nation for that matter—who did not want Pelini to get fired back in 2014. But since he was fired I've moved on. I support the current team and coaches. And now that I've had some time to think about it, I certainly don't miss Pelini's childish sideline outbursts and paranoid treatment of the media and fans.

That pretty much sums up my feelings as well.

The Iowa loss was, in the words of master troll cm husker, entirely due to poor coaching, because Iowa's ranked 50th in team talent compared to Nebraska being 25th, according to recruiting rankings.

But apparently, also, the difference between those rankings isn't that big of a gap?

And not only that, but Bo was a top 20-25 coach despite losing by 20-30-40+ points to top 10 teams, and losing to teams outside of the top 30-50, but meanwhile Riley is a culpable liability for the same things.

This has me dizzier than a merry-go-round.

• Fire 5

The Iowa loss was, in the words of master troll cm husker, entirely due to poor coaching, because Iowa's ranked 50th in team talent compared to Nebraska being 25th, according to recruiting rankings.

But apparently, also, the difference between those rankings isn't that big of a gap?

And not only that, but Bo was a top 20-25 coach despite losing by 20-30-40+ points to top 10 teams, and losing to teams outside of the top 30-50, but meanwhile Riley is a culpable liability for the same things.

I'm going to refrain from replying to your personal attack. Except to say go back to what I wrote.

Losing by 30 to them was entirely on the coaches. Losing is one thing. Being dominated like that by an average Iowa team is on the staff.

As for Bo, I blamed him for the bad blowouts. I just didn't think he should be fired based on the body of work.

And guess what, i haven't called for Riley to be fired either, even though he clearly has less upside than Bo or Frank did.

Could it be that maybe Bo was an above average coach? And that Riley is an above coach and that Solich is an above average coach...but that they just weren't good enough for what we want?

Completely possible. But what the hell are we looking for then?

A lot of great coaches have looked average (or even worse) for stretches.

Losing by 30 to them was entirely on the coaches. Losing is one thing. Being dominated like that by an average Iowa team is on the staff.

As for Bo, I blamed him for the bad blowouts. I just didn't think he should be fired based on the body of work.

And guess what, i haven't called for Riley to be fired either, even though he clearly has less upside than Bo or Frank did.

Had nothing to do with our busted ass O-Line and busted ass QB position? ALL on the coaches? Just totally false and you know this.

How many more blowouts did he have to put us through before he deserved to be fired? You can lose to 4 times a year and be blown out in half of them as long as you win 9? Riley did just that.

No calling for him to be fired would be too easy for you. You have no actual grasp of what his upside is, especially compared to two guys you admire so much.

Could it be that maybe Bo was an above average coach? And that Riley is an above coach and that Solich is an above average coach...but that they just weren't good enough for what we want?

Completely possible. But what the hell are we looking for then?

A lot of great coaches have looked average (or even worse) for stretches.

Great question!

I think we Bo we knew because of his body of work.

With Riley, we do know but a lot of fans want to pretend like his time at OSU doesn't count or something like that.

With Frank everyone just says "Well, now he is coaching where he belongs"

Had nothing to do with our busted ass O-Line and busted ass QB position? ALL on the coaches? Just totally false and you know this.

How many more blowouts did he have to put us through before he deserved to be fired? You can lose to 4 times a year and be blown out in half of them as long as you win 9? Riley did just that.

No calling for him to be fired would be too easy for you. You have no actual grasp of what his upside is, especially compared to two guys you admire so much.

You do realize that Iowa was busted up too, right?

Keep making excuses though.

Fewer people are believing them.

It's funny to see you spinning out of control though. In how many seasons did Bo suffer multiple 30+ point losses, especially to the likes of this Iowa team?