Week 7 Preview: Indiana

BIG ERN

I just cannot fathom how we are supposed to be the underdogs here.

That's fine, but let's not act like this, "It's ridiculous that people are so down on the Huskers against opponent _________" mindset hasn't been proven wrong plenty of times over the last decade.

Remember 2008 Virginia Tech?

Remember 2009 Texas Tech?

2009 Iowa State?

Remember 2010 Texas?

2011 Wisconsin, Michigan, Northwestern

2012 UCLA, Wisconsin

2013 UCLA, Michigan State, Iowa, Minnesota

2014 Minnesota

2015 like.....everybody

That's only counting the losses too. That doesn't include the games where we barely squeaked by "clearly" inferior teams, like 2010 Iowa State, 2013 Northwestern, 2014 McNeese State, 2010 South Dakota State, 2011 Ohio State, etc. etc. etc.

No, this year's team is not those year's teams. The point is that we're talking about sports. Any team can win any game, and in this case, there's nothing crazy about a conclusion of nervousness because of a lack of evidence to show how much better we are.

I just cannot fathom how we are supposed to be the underdogs here.

That's fine, but let's not act like this, "It's ridiculous that people are so down on the Huskers against opponent _________" mindset hasn't been proven wrong plenty of times over the last decade.

Remember 2008 Virginia Tech?

Remember 2009 Texas Tech?

2009 Iowa State?

Remember 2010 Texas?

2011 Wisconsin, Michigan, Northwestern

2012 UCLA, Wisconsin

2013 UCLA, Michigan State, Iowa, Minnesota

2014 Minnesota

2015 like.....everybody

That's only counting the losses too. That doesn't include the games where we barely squeaked by "clearly" inferior teams, like 2010 Iowa State, 2013 Northwestern, 2014 McNeese State, 2010 South Dakota State, 2011 Ohio State, etc. etc. etc.

No, this year's team is not those year's teams. The point is that we're talking about sports. Any team can win any game, and in this case, there's nothing crazy about a conclusion of nervousness because of a lack of evidence to show how much better we are.

Do I even need to point out the common denominator between the 2016 team and the 2008-2014 and kind of 2015 teams?

But I digress. Yeah sure, anything can happen. But all the "experts" are picking us to lose and I'd say half the board right now basically expects us to barely win or lose a close one.

We are the better team on paper.

We are the better team by record.

We are the better team by talent.

We are the better team by coaching experience.

They have home field advantage, which you yourself usually write off.

• Fire 1

I agree with all of this. The only difference between you and those thinking there's a good chance that it's close (not the same thing as predicting, by the way) is that I/we realize all of the above doesn't win football games, and none of it matters once the ball is kicked off.

We are the better team on paper.We are the better team by record.

I agree with all of this. The only difference between you and those thinking there's a good chance that it's close (not the same thing as predicting, by the way) is that I/we realize all of the above doesn't win football games, and none of it matters once the ball is kicked off.

??? I think coaching and talent both win football games and matter once the ball is kicked off, Alabama is really good for a reason...

Edit: I understand what you are saying though, in a way none of that does matter

• Fire 2

So then what pray tell is the factor that Indiana has that can be the deciding factor in beating us? Because if it's simply us crapping the bed I just don't see it.

So then what pray tell is the factor that Indiana has that can be the deciding factor in beating us?

It's college football and Indiana isn't a bad football team.

This of course insinuating that the 5 teams we have played are bad football teams this year?

I'll be honest, I think their performance against tOSU was an anomaly. I think they put in weeks of effort for that game because of who their opponent was. And I think they caught the offense having a pretty average day which made their defense look more intimidating than it is.

I could be wrong. Maybe Indiana gives us everything they have and beats us on the road, as you said it is CFB. But I completely expect us to take a lead into the 4th where they have pretty much nothing left in the tank and if they haven't rolled over for us yet, they will.

• Fire 2

So then what pray tell is the factor that Indiana has that can be the deciding factor in beating us?

It's college football and Indiana isn't a bad football team.

This of course insinuating that the 5 teams we have played are bad football teams this year?

I'll be honest, I think their performance against tOSU was an anomaly. I think they put in weeks of effort for that game because of who their opponent was. And I think they caught the offense having a pretty average day which made their defense look more intimidating than it is.

I could be wrong. Maybe Indiana gives us everything they have and beats us on the road, as you said it is CFB. But I completely expect us to take a lead into the 4th where they have pretty much nothing left in the tank and if they haven't rolled over for us yet, they will.

Damon Benning said it this morning. Indiana is OSU's Northwestern, they always play Ohio St. tough. I have said the same thing. Not to take anything away from Indiana they are a decent team and should not be taken lightly. Wilson has done a great job of building up that program. I think it is nice that Indiana has given him the time to do it. But if NU shows up and plays like they can with 1 or less TO they should win by 2 tds.

• Fire 2

I'll be honest, I think their performance against tOSU was an anomaly.

Totally fine to think that, I hope you're right and I'll be very glad for it if so, but that's not based on any actual data - it's just a hunch.

What data do you have to support the contrary? Ohio State is the only team of that caliber they have faced.