What Profile page feature do you find the most useful? Least useful?

This board software gives site administrators tons of options for its members' use: quote features, rep, search, navigation, etc.

The Profile Page has tons of options. Among them:

Display Name History - where you can check a user's past names

Rep Points - where everyone has an "excellent" rep

Rate This User - where you can rate another member between 1-5 stars

Member Since - where you can see the exact date someone joined

Last Active - where you can see when that person was most recently on the board

Reputation - where you can see which posts have been repped

Topics - where you can see the five most recent topics that user made

Posts - their five most recent posts

Friends - where you can see who's joined their social cult club

Group - where you can see what user group they're in

Active Posts - just what it says. Inactive or "hidden" posts show here, too though

Profile views - how many times someone has looked at their profile

Member Title - from Scout Team to Legend, based on how many posts they have

Age - if saying (or lying)

Birthday - if saying

Gender - if saying

Location - if saying (or making something up)

Interests - where you can see the which hobbies they're willing to disclose

Latest Visitors - where you can see who's been creeping on their profile page

About Me - where members can leave blurbs about themselves, or just about any media they like

Send Me a Message - how lots of folks PM that person

Find Content - search function just about that member

Contact Information - Where you can put your AIM, MSN, twitter handle, etc.

Report This Member - where you can alert Mav or BRI that this person is creepy (stop reporting me, you guys)

Do you use all of this stuff? What do you think is the most useful? What's the weirdest?

Some of the things I think are pretty weird:

User rating: We have the rep feature, but additionally you can rate a user 1-5 stars. What's this for? Why, as a software creator, would this be a thing?

Profile Views: Why would this be something I'd want to know? People have looked at my profile over 100K times. That's just weird.

Friends: I remember when this feature came out in one of the board software updates and everyone added everyone else. Does anyone use this for anything? Everyone's kinda my friend here or I wouldn't be here (except for GSG5545 BECAUSE YOU KNOW WHAT YOU DID)

Reputation labels: the thing that says "User is excellent." I think everyone has that rating. It's kinda weird. Also, if you hover over someone's rep points a little popup comes up that says... the exact same thing.

Some of the things I really like:

Name history: I like this a lot and use it to keep track of who people are/were. When the Apostrophist Movement was in full swing it helped remember who was who.

The About Me stuff: some people had some pretty creative stuff on their profile pages. This used to be a better-utilized part of the board but people don't seem to do this much anymore.

Do you guys ever go to anyone's Profile? Maybe I'm the only one.

• Fire 1

I think software creators throw everything they can think of into something so they can sell them as features. Some of these things are trends so they can keep up with their competitors. I tend to view people's profiles only to look up their posts or topics when I'm trying to find something. I know some people put a lot of work into their profile pages, but...compared to their posts, or their av/sigs, they just don't seem like something people see.

I also give people 5 stars sometimes :D

Oh, yes. The name history is good to know. I forget sometimes.

User rating: We have the rep feature, but additionally you can rate a user 1-5 stars. What's this for? Why, as a software creator, would this be a thing?

Profile Views: Why would this be something I'd want to know? People have looked at my profile over 100K times. That's just weird.

Friends: I remember when this feature came out in one of the board software updates and everyone added everyone else. Does anyone use this for anything? Everyone's kinda my friend here or I wouldn't be here (except for GSG5545 BECAUSE YOU KNOW WHAT YOU DID)

Reputation labels: the thing that says "User is excellent." I think everyone has that rating. It's kinda weird. Also, if you hover over someone's rep points a little popup comes up that says... the exact same thing.

I don't use the User Rating but I would guess the difference between that and the Rep Feature is time. You can accumulate a lot of Rep Points simply by being around for awhile. Just because someone has 1000 rep points doesn't necessarily mean they're a "better" poster than someone with 250, they might have just been around longer. The User Rating would be independent of time.

I've long suspected that Profile Views are affected by search engines (Google, Bing, etc.) "viewing" the page for their own purposes but I don't know if that's true.

I think you're right about page views, Mav. I think there's something about photos that ramp that up, as in, they count for a hit apiece per actual view. I doubt I really have 100K pageviews.

A lot of page views are accidental, for me anyway. Sometimes when I mean to hit the word "quote" to go to a post where someone quoted me I'll accidentally hit their username instead, taking me to their profile. So the more posts you have where you've quoted someone, the more pageview hits you'll get.

• Fire 1

And I would do it again!!