WR Joshua Moore [Texas - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

136 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Moore commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/04/2018 at 08:20 PM

8 hours ago, zoogs said:

We're about to fire our coach. Y'all wanted the defections that come with that.

Its the price that needs to be paid. Dont want to see another talented individual come to Nebraska and waste a year with the staff not knowing how to best utilize his talents like Tyjon Lindsey this season. 

• Plus1 5

1 hour ago, Rike Miley said:

Its the price that needs to be paid. Dont want to see another talented individual come to Nebraska and waste a year with the staff not knowing how to best utilize his talents like Tyjon Lindsey this season. 

Agree, I dont know what the heck they are doing with Tyjon. Waste of talent and waste of a year. Go ahead and add Bradley to that list.

• Plus1 1
15 minutes ago, zoogs said:

Those guys are true freshmen

So redshirt them if you arent going to utilize them correctly.  Tyjon Lindsey going deep against a bigger Wisconsin cornerback is putting him into position to succeed, zoogs?  Man, give me a break.  A year wasted for nothing.  Its a good thing a player like him would thrive in Scott Frosts offense.  Get these smaller, quick guys in space and watch them succeed.

Edited by Rike Miley
  • Plus1 3

Tyjon is getting a fair number of snaps and plenty of work in the passing game. Jaylin is needed depth right now. Both have a chance to come on as the year progresses. This is how freshmen years go.

Will we be this displeased when Frost plays true freshmen who aren't immediate breakouts?

Edited by zoogs

2 hours ago, Rike Miley said:

So redshirt them if you arent going to utilize them correctly.  Tyjon Lindsey going deep against a bigger Wisconsin cornerback is putting him into position to succeed, zoogs?  Man, give me a break.  A year wasted for nothing.  Its a good thing a player like him would thrive in Scott Frosts offense.  Get these smaller, quick guys in space and watch them succeed.

Definitely just that easy huh? Think Tyjon came here with the intend of redshirting? 

"Man, give me a break"

Edited by spurs1990
24 minutes ago, spurs1990 said:

Definitely just that easy huh? Think Tyjon came here with the intend of redshirting? 

"Man, give me a break"

Yes, it is that easy.  Hey Tyjon, we feel youre not ready yet and we dont really have a plan to get you the ball, so were going to redshirt you.  Hes the coach, he makes the final decision, not the kid. And if not then use him.  Bubble screens, jet sweeps, etc.  Get him in space. Coaching is about putting your players in position to succeed.  Having him run a fly route against a CB that is 3+ inches taller is not good coaching/play calling.  Jamire Calvin seems to be doing just fine at WSU.

Sorry to go off on tangent, this will be the last post about TL.  Just want to see JM be utilized correctly if he comes here and I don't trust this staff to do it.

• Plus1 5

1 hour ago, Rike Miley said:

Yes, it is that easy.  Hey Tyjon, we feel youre not ready yet and we dont really have a plan to get you the ball, so were going to redshirt you.  Hes the coach, he makes the final decision, not the kid. And if not then use him.  Bubble screens, jet sweeps, etc.  Get him in space. Coaching is about putting your players in position to succeed.  Having him run a fly route against a CB that is 3+ inches taller is not good coaching/play calling.  Jamire Calvin seems to be doing just fine at WSU.

Sorry to go off on tangent, this will be the last post about TL.  Just want to see JM be utilized correctly if he comes here and I don't trust this staff to do it.

Agree. If your going to play Tyjon then use him how you should. He should be playing the slot like JD Spielman. They are using him like he is a #1 WR playing the outside. He is not 6'2 or taller body type. His body type and his agility is perfectly suited for the slot. Short, quick routes, changing directions etc. 

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Agree. If your going to play Tyjon then use him how you should. He should be playing the slot like JD Spielman. They are using him like he is a #1 WR playing the outside. He is not 6'2 or taller body type. His body type and his agility is perfectly suited for the slot. Short, quick routes, changing directions etc. 

That was a major part of KW’s pitch to him haha.

"In terms of the scheme at Ohio State, I would have been more of a situational player. I would play some in the backfield, some in the slot, some at receiver and basically move around to take advantage of mismatches but I don't think I would have developed as well as a receiver being used that way.

"A perfect example is what happened with DeAnthony Thomas. That's a guy I'm close to and we play a lot alike. At Oregon, he was that situational guy, moved around a lot and had success but when he got to the NFL, he didn't really have a position. He's now playing receiver and has to basically start from scratch in how to play and how to run routes. But guess who's training him, who he picked to teach him how to run routes in the off-season and learn the position, Coach Williams."

I mean he's what, 6 games into roughly a 45 game career? Maybe they feel that Spielman is better than him at this point. If that's the case, do you want them putting Tyjon in a spot where there is already a better player? DPE has been in that role as well too. Tyjon had opportunities and has played a lot of snaps. I'm not arguing that this isn't the most ideal spot for him, but who else besides Stanley is going to play on the outside? If Spielman and DPE are more effective in that slot position at this point, and there is no one else to play on the outside better than Tyjon what in the world do you expect them to do? The mistake came in not filling the class. Now they are simply working with the pieces that are at their disposal. Still the coaching staff's mistake for not signing another receiver, but I'm having a hard time finding fault in them playing two kids above Tyjon that have been producing (JD more than DPE).

If you'd rather have Rahn, Young, and Reimers on the field on the edge and not Tyjon, that's your choice. Personally I'll take the undersized Tyjon still.

That topic is no where near what this thread is about so I'll conclude with a thought about Moore. I'm still under the impression that he's N until Riley is officially gone. Obviously as the previous rants by multiple parties have indicated, we need a receiver of this stature.

Edited by spurs1990
6 hours ago, Mavric said:

Even Nate Clouse said he is "worried" about the trip because Moore had previously said he wasn't taking any more trips and now has two planned.

So I believe you just made this up.

Woah man.

I actually apologize if I'm inaccurate. I've become a bit numb to the recruiting of this class because it's going to go up in smoke as soon as riley is fired, which he basically is already.

Im not sure if I misunderstood something, but I did think he was planning to take visits. These past few weeks have been nuts. I apologize for being wrong.

• Plus1 3
  • Mavric changed the title to WR Joshua Moore [Texas - Signed LOI]
  • seaofred92 unpinned this topic