WR Joshua Moore [Texas - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

136 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Moore commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/04/2018 at 08:20 PM

6 minutes ago, chamrocck said:

Never say never until signing day.  I am disappointed but we can't get too wrapped up in these decisions.  I want the new staff to find the players they want and that want to be part of Nebraska.  If we stick to that I think we will find some special players.  Would love to have Moore as part of that group.  Let's keep hitting the recruiting trail.  I see several guys I would be excited about still out there.  

Problem is they are going back to coach UCF and won't be on the trail next week.  With the early signing period this is trouble. 

Truly surprised by this even though I’ve been reading about Fisher and A&M putting on the full-court press.

I thought Frost’s offense, Moore’s genuine love for Nebraska, and, most importantly, the chance for early PT would be enough to keep him in the fold. My other worry besides losing such an awesome talent is that this could affect a QB wanting to commit here as well. Hard to sell our offense when we don’t have any WRs committed here (I’m fully assuming our other WR is out too).

On 12/1/2017 at 0:30 PM, Mavric said:

Of note - Moore was considering Florida State.  Florida State's coach is now at aTm.  Josh's brother currently an aTm commit.

That said, it was really sounding like Moore was one who might stick with Nebraska.  But this adds another layer of complexity to that decision.

Just for reference.

• Plus1 1

13 minutes ago, Caliborn72 said:

Truly surprised by this even though I’ve been reading about Fisher and A&M putting on the full-court press.

I thought Frost’s offense, Moore’s genuine love for Nebraska, and, most importantly, the chance for early PT would be enough to keep him in the fold. My other worry besides losing such an awesome talent is that this could affect a QB wanting to commit here as well. Hard to sell our offense when we don’t have any WRs committed here (I’m fully assuming our other WR is out too).

Well I think when there are no holdovers in a staff committed recruits feel they have no connection left.  I dont think the timing is a coincidence with Keith Williams officially not getting a shot when Walters became official on Friday.

3 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I know circumstances changed and coaches gone. Please let this be lesson to kids in the future don't commit with a video in memory of a lost family member because you may not stay committed to that school 

Why would this go to show anyone anything?  He decided to honor his brother.  I'm sorry but I disagree with this. Does it suck because he de-commited? Yes. Does this dishonor his brother in your opinion?  He committed and there was certainly a ton of hype with it at the moment.  Nothing wrong with decomitting and nothing wrong with giving your past family member some added attention.  His decommitment is unfortunate, but nothing wrong with making a hyped commit video involving someone they cared about.  Life changes, it will not be the last time his life changes.

Edited by TherealTomOsborne
  • Plus1 3
13 minutes ago, TherealTomOsborne said:

Why would this go to show anyone anything?  He decided to honor his brother.  I'm sorry but I disagree with this. Does it suck because he de-commited? Yes. Does this dishonor his brother in your opinion?  He committed and there was certainly a ton of hype with it at the moment.  Nothing wrong with decomitting and nothing wrong with giving your past family member some added attention.  His decommitment is unfortunate, but nothing wrong with making a hyped commit video involving someone they cared about.  Life changes, it will not be the last time his life changes.

This is not the first kid to do this. It has become a trend- bookie did it and I saw a few other commitments from kids at other schools. I think it gets thrown around too cavalier. I think if they committed later in the process and did it when they are truly 100% then ok. But publicizing your commitment in honor of your dead family then backing out seems odd to me. I know I would never do something to honor one of my dead family members then not follow through. It may not be disrespectful, I just know I would not feel right doing it. 

• Plus1 1
  • Mavric changed the title to WR Joshua Moore [Texas - Signed LOI]