WR Joshua Moore [Texas - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

136 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Moore commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/04/2018 at 08:20 PM

I really like Moore and think he's a great athlete.

But I'm not quite sure I'm buying the times - perhaps their hand-held even though they're reporting them to the 100th.

There were only seven guys at the NFL Combine this year that ran under 4.40, and none of them were taller than 6-0.

I agree but he does have an offer to run track at Florida state. Kid must have legit speed.

True. But he'll almost assuredly count against the football scholarship count wherever he goes so there is literally zero down-side to these schools offering him the chance to run track.

Plus, it doesn't appear that he's a true sprinter. 300 Hurdles, Long Jump, Triple Jump and Relays last year at Yoakum.

And the reason I mentioned heights is because taller guys are not usually the fast starters it takes to run a great 40.

So I'm not saying it's impossible. Just that I think it's unlikely even though he is a great athlete.

Kevin White was 6'5 and ran a 4.3 didnt he?

Yes, but that evidence doesn't help Mav make his case.

• Fire 1

But I'm not quite sure I'm buying the times - perhaps their hand-held even though they're reporting them to the 100th.

There were only seven guys at the NFL Combine this year that ran under 4.40, and none of them were taller than 6-0.

I agree but he does have an offer to run track at Florida state. Kid must have legit speed.

True. But he'll almost assuredly count against the football scholarship count wherever he goes so there is literally zero down-side to these schools offering him the chance to run track.

Plus, it doesn't appear that he's a true sprinter. 300 Hurdles, Long Jump, Triple Jump and Relays last year at Yoakum.

And the reason I mentioned heights is because taller guys are not usually the fast starters it takes to run a great 40.

So I'm not saying it's impossible. Just that I think it's unlikely even though he is a great athlete.

I don't trust any high school 40 times unless they're laser timed at a camp. Seems like every kid claims a 4.4 40 time but then you see events like the draft and it's rare. I don't think they're lying about their time, probably just a hand held time and slow.

• Fire 3

Are you having trouble with the difference between "unlikely" and "impossible"?

Yes, it is possible. I never said it wasn't.

But just because we can find a couple of nearly-23-year old guys who can do it after spending 3+ years in a college weight room program and probably spending a couple months training specifically to run 40 yard dashes doesn't suddenly make it likely that a bunch of 17-year-olds can do it.

• Fire 3

Are you having trouble with the difference between "unlikely" and "impossible"?

Yes, it is possible. I never said it wasn't.

But just because we can find a couple of nearly-23-year old guys who can do it after spending 3+ years in a college weight room program and probably spending a couple months training specifically to run 40 yard dashes doesn't suddenly make it likely that a bunch of 17-year-olds can do it.

I didn't say you were wrong. I actually think it was probably hand timed, but it is IMG so slight chance they do have a laser timed system set up. Who knows. It's just a number. Plenty of fast guys have stunk.

Actually I think Bolts 40 wouldn't be eye popping. 60 may be different though.

Bolt actually is pretty weak out of the blocks. His thing is at the 40 meter mark he starts hitting a gear that mortal men don't have.

Kind of true. He is solid out of the blocks. The thing that separates him is that his 10m intervals do not slow down from 60-100. Most sprinters slow down from that spot on, but he can maintain his top speed longer. BTW Josh Moore is an extremely fast HS wr and I would live to have him on our team

• Fire 3

Bolt actually is pretty weak out of the blocks. His thing is at the 40 meter mark he starts hitting a gear that mortal men don't have.

Kind of true. He is solid out of the blocks. The thing that separates him is that his 10m intervals do not slow down from 60-100. Most sprinters slow down from that spot on, but he can maintain his top speed longer. BTW Josh Moore is an extremely fast HS wr and I would live to have him on our team

Can you imagine the battles in practice if he signs? WR's vs. DB's could be pretty epic

This ^ 100% - the kid is fast. There might be a 5% chance that he is 4.38 fast however there is a 95% chance that he is WR Fast and will be a huge asset to our Wideout group. Why does every thread have to be filled up with BS about 1 or 2 facts that may or may not be correct that are or aren't even relevant - the kid is a stud and who cares if his time is 4.38 or 4.44.

This ^ 100% - the kid is fast. There might be a 5% chance that he is 4.38 fast however there is a 95% chance that he is WR Fast and will be a huge asset to our Wideout group. Why does every thread have to be filled up with BS about 1 or 2 facts that may or may not be correct that are or aren't even relevant - the kid is a stud and who cares if his time is 4.38 or 4.44.

WTF MAN do you realize how stupid you sound? Do you know how many kids ACTUALLY run a 4.44? Do you know how many guys at the combine have ran a 4.44 or lower in the last 13.4 years? GAHL dude.

For the record, 6'3" and 4.35

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/kevin-white?id=2552422

• Fire 1
  • Mavric changed the title to WR Joshua Moore [Texas - Signed LOI]
  • seaofred92 unpinned this topic