Let's Be Honest...

Barring a total collapse to end this season I don't compare this year to last season. I've seen enough this year to believe last season doesn't fairly represent what this coaching staff is capable of. With that in mind, I didn't see this mentioned - a 9-3 regular season probably means no CCG but a bowl win would break a trend. Disregarding last year:

2008 9 - 4

2009 10 - 4

2010 10 - 4

2011 9 - 4

2012 10 - 4

2013 9 - 4

2014 9 - 4

2016 10 - 3

I would feel like things are improving if there are no blowout losses and one less L. 10-2 regular season, loss in CCG, a bowl win (11-3) and no blowout losses would also be positive. A 4 loss season with no blowout losses would make me wonder where we are headed, but hopeful.

Why are people still talking like Minnesota is a good football team? They're no better than they were last year when we beat them by three TDs.

They're 4-2 and only one of the teams they beat, Maryland, has a winning record.

Minnesota is OK. They are not "good."

All Minnesota would have to be is slightly better than Illinois, which led Nebraska 16 - 10 going into the fourth quarter.

They have beaten everyone on the schedule so far. They have found a way to win whenever the game was in doubt late. The defense is performing at a much higher level than last year and appears to be improving. The offense has been money in the fourth quarter, but has yet to play a complete game. TA has, in general, limited the mistakes. Will they keep winning or will the inconsistencies on offense lead to a loss? Don't know. I would not want to bet either way on Nebraska this year. I would not be surprised to see them lose to both Wisconsin and Ohio State, but I would not be surprised to see them get one of those (most likely Wisconsin) if the offense can put together a complete game. I would be shocked to see them get blown off the field the way they have been some years in the recent past.

There is something about this team that I really like, in terms of shear grit and determination. 2002 tOSU had plenty of ugly wins on the year, too. They just never lost. I am not saying the Huskers are going to somehow go unbeaten and win it all, but don't discount them just because some of the wins were not pretty.

If we want to keep up our momentum with recruiting and want to take a step forward as a program then we need to win at least 11 games this year and make a quality bowl such as the Orange or Rose bowl. There is no excuse this season to not win at least 10 games minimum, I am not going to be somewhat happy unless we can win at least 11 games. Nebraska's schedule is only going to get harder in years to come, next year is not bad but our 2018-2019 schedule is going to be a B***h.

Sat,
Sep 01
Akron Memorial Stadium (Lincoln, Nebraska) TBA Sat,
Sep 08
Colorado Memorial Stadium TBA Sat,
Sep 15
Troy Memorial Stadium (Lincoln, Nebraska) TBA Sat,
Sep 22
Michigan * at Ann Arbor, Mich. TBA Sat,
Sep 29
Purdue * Memorial Stadium (Lincoln, Nebraska) TBA Sat,
Oct 06
Wisconsin * at Madison, Wis. TBA Sat,
Oct 13
Northwestern * at Evanston, Ill. TBA Sat,
Oct 20
Minnesota * Memorial Stadium (Lincoln, Nebraska) TBA Sat,
Nov 03
Ohio State * at Columbus, Ohio TBA Sat,
Nov 10
Illinois * Memorial Stadium (Lincoln, Nebraska) TBA Sat,
Nov 17
Michigan State * Memorial Stadium (Lincoln, Nebraska) TBA Fri,
Nov 23
Iowa * at Iowa City, Iowa TBA

I'm Ok with 9-3 this year but I really don't see where loss #3 is going to come from. I don't have a lot of hope for beating Wiscy or tOSU but writing off Iowa as a loss.....I don't get it. At this point, I will be disappointed with more than 2 losses but 9-3, and the way we've been finishing games, is a hell of a lot better than what we threw down last year. Of course, this is assuming we don't revert to losing games in the same fashion we did last season (that would be disappointing). This really looks to be a much better team that has worked out a lot of bugs. Heck, I'll be a little disappointed if Riley doesn't pull out one of his trademark upsets with tOSU or Wiscy.

You think Iowa is only losing 1 more game with Wisconsin, Michigan, PSU, and Nebraska left on the schedule?

I said going into the Nebraska game, so we are excluded. Yes, I think they are beating Wiscy in Iowa and Penn State, and losing to Michigan.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Iowa is going to beat Wiscy?

Have you SEEN any Hawkeye games this year?

I..I can't stop laughing. Iowa will be lucky to get to 7 wins this year.

As far as honesty, NU should be favored in every game left on the schedule except UW/OSU. There's no way Iowa is favored, even with it being at home.

Yes.

Yes

Hope you're right.

Okay.

We'll know in 6 days...I think Iowa wins on Saturday. If I'm reading between the lines in your very subtle post, you think Wisconsin draws and quarters them. One of us will be wrong. Certainly might be me.

I'm curious.

What have you seen from iowa this year to think they will be capable of beating Wiscy? Or Penn State, or Illinois for that matter? That offense is a dumpster fire that has only been able to produce against PURDUE?

I don't understand it. Ive watched most of thier games this year and that team is playing like a high school team from Alaska. As in the words of Charles Barkley - Turrible.

Iowa has been laughable in moments this year, but I think Wisconsin is due for a letdown game, and Iowa could easily beat them. I would put it as a 50-50 game right now.

The table is clearly set for Wisconsin. Win the next two games, Iowa and Nebraska, and they control their destiny going forward and will probably get another shot at Michigan or OSU in the CCG.

They're legitimately strong. It took an act of will by JT Barrett to pull that game close enough to outlast them in OT. As has been mentioned, the Iowa offense is a pile of dog crap. Both Minnesota and Purdue played possibly the two worst games I've seen in College Football in the last several years to hand them their last two victories. Leidner was a zombie and they still almost won. Purdue couldn't stop slow, hobbled CJ Beathard from long repeated desperation runs of 10 yards+. I am confident this will not happen to Wisconsin.

That Wisconsin -3 line that was out this week is for the gamblers, IMO. Wisconsin will beat Iowa by a comfortable 12 points or so and it won't, in reality, be that close. Michigan will beat them by more.

The program has changed under Riley. These guys are showing up every week, fixing things that need fixing, and adjusting during games. They haven't shown any signs of collapse really since 2014 when the team always seemed so fragile.

There are no guarantees as we could lose to anyone, but I think we'll at most lose one of the two games to Wisconsin or Ohio State. I think if we lose to Wisconsin we'll beat OSU the next week (unless we have a ton of injuries). Iowa and Minny could beat us, as could Maryland, but I don't think they will.

So I think 11-1 and a CCG appearance, hopefully against Michigan, is on the menu.

You think Iowa is only losing 1 more game with Wisconsin, Michigan, PSU, and Nebraska left on the schedule?

I said going into the Nebraska game, so we are excluded. Yes, I think they are beating Wiscy in Iowa and Penn State, and losing to Michigan.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Iowa is going to beat Wiscy?

Have you SEEN any Hawkeye games this year?

I..I can't stop laughing. Iowa will be lucky to get to 7 wins this year.

As far as honesty, NU should be favored in every game left on the schedule except UW/OSU. There's no way Iowa is favored, even with it being at home.

Yes.

Yes

Hope you're right.

Okay.

We'll know in 6 days...I think Iowa wins on Saturday. If I'm reading between the lines in your very subtle post, you think Wisconsin draws and quarters them. One of us will be wrong. Certainly might be me.

I'm curious.

What have you seen from iowa this year to think they will be capable of beating Wiscy? Or Penn State, or Illinois for that matter? That offense is a dumpster fire that has only been able to produce against PURDUE?

I don't understand it. Ive watched most of thier games this year and that team is playing like a high school team from Alaska. As in the words of Charles Barkley - Turrible.

Iowa has been laughable in moments this year, but I think Wisconsin is due for a letdown game, and Iowa could easily beat them. I would put it as a 50-50 game right now.

The table is clearly set for Wisconsin. Win the next two games, Iowa and Nebraska, and they control their destiny going forward and will probably get another shot at Michigan or OSU in the CCG.

They're legitimately strong. It took an act of will by JT Barrett to pull that game close enough to outlast them in OT. As has been mentioned, the Iowa offense is a pile of dog crap. Both Minnesota and Purdue played possibly the two worst games I've seen in College Football in the last several years to hand them their last two victories. Leidner was a zombie and they still almost won. Purdue couldn't stop slow, hobbled CJ Beathard from long repeated desperation runs of 10 yards+. I am confident this will not happen to Wisconsin.

That Wisconsin -3 line that was out this week is for the gamblers, IMO. Wisconsin will beat Iowa by a comfortable 12 points or so and it won't, in reality, be that close. Michigan will beat them by more.

What he said