Bo Pelini to PURDUE?

Bo's kids are still young, still in school, and he's home around family now.

Nebraska is still paying Bo the remainder of his buyout, meaning he's still earning around $3 million/year while working at a relatively stress-free job at YSU. That continues through February, 2019.

I think it's highly unlikely that Bo moves on from Youngstown State for a couple more seasons.

• Fire 1

Nebraska is still paying Bo the remainder of his buyout, meaning he's still earning around $3 million/year while working at a relatively stress-free job at YSU. That continues through February, 2019.

I think it's highly unlikely that Bo moves on from Youngstown State for a couple more seasons.

But the source SAID

All of that makes sense. But considering the low contract he agreed to at YSU, I wouldn't be surprised if he sees Purdue as an opportunity to doubly screw over NU. Accept a low figure contract so we're still paying him, AND he has the chance to play us and spoil our season frequently.

No way Purdue or any other legitimate power school wants or takes Bo Pelini. Maybe in a decade or so if he has demonstrated over half a decade or more he has finally grown up and taken some control of his temper and there is a long absence of erratic uncontrolled behavior and comments are free from the vulgarity he is so famous for - in other words, NOT!

• Fire 2

:::checking the return policies on my penguin gear:::

In all seriousness, I don't see him leaving YSU this year or next. But I could see him making another run at the FBS. We bought low on Pelini and sold low. As was alluded to in the article, he gained a lot of experience at NU, but we won't be the ones to reap the benefits. I still think he has the mind and fortitude to be a highly successful coach at the highest level.

All of that makes sense. But considering the low contract he agreed to at YSU, I wouldn't be surprised if he sees Purdue as an opportunity to doubly screw over NU. Accept a low figure contract so we're still paying him, AND he has the chance to play us and spoil our season frequently.

Can you imagine the epic Bo meltdowns from all the beatdowns Purdue would take? Pelini at Purdue is one of the few ways I'd root for Wisky. Schadenfreude at it's finest.

I still think he has the mind and fortitude to be a highly successful coach at the highest level.

Really? Those are the two characteristics I'd consider him worst at. He might succeed despite his flaws (other coaches have), but mentally he's pretty unstable. He reminds me of Woody Hayes, who's instability was his ultimate undoing.

The buyout stipulates that any contract Bo signs has to be fair market value. So he couldn't, for example, take $50,000 a year from Youngstown State and force Nebraska to fork over the balance of his $3 million per year.

If he takes the Purdue job he'd have to make somewhere in the neighborhood of $1.5 - $2 million or UNL will cry foul.

The buyout stipulates that any contract Bo signs has to be fair market value. So he couldn't, for example, take $50,000 a year from Youngstown State and force Nebraska to fork over the balance of his $3 million per year.

If he takes the Purdue job he'd have to make somewhere in the neighborhood of $1.5 - $2 million or UNL will cry foul.

Don't you think he would put his career advancement ahead of trying to screw UNL over? I think he thinks he is amazing.

:::checking the return policies on my penguin gear:::

In all seriousness, I don't see him leaving YSU this year or next. But I could see him making another run at the FBS. We bought low on Pelini and sold low. As was alluded to in the article, he gained a lot of experience at NU, but we won't be the ones to reap the benefits. I still think he has the mind and fortitude to be a highly successful coach at the highest level.

This is why you are seen as an ultimate troll.

Cmon man. Youre not even trying to hide it anymore.

• Fire 9

Don't you think he would put his career advancement ahead of trying to screw UNL over? I think he thinks he is amazing.

Absolutely. I expect him to be back coaching a P5 school before his career is done. If he fixes his defense and gets properly interested in recruiting, he may have a successful career.

I don't think he's screwing UNL financially, and I doubt he's really interested in doing that. He's got money, he's invested, he's doing pretty well for himself.

I think the money question takes a back seat to what's best for his family.

• Fire 1