Injury updates

mwj98

Fyfe starting, Darlington #2. TA trying to be #3. If he's unable to go, Luke McNitt would be the #3 QB.

I highly doubt Darlington would even play if Fyfe goes down.

If he's not going to see the field during the Iowa game when Tommy was at 30% than I highly doubt he'll see the field on Friday which is sad and confusing

Fyfe starting, Darlington #2. TA trying to be #3. If he's unable to go, Luke McNitt would be the #3 QB.

If he's not going to see the field during the Iowa game when Tommy was at 30% than I highly doubt he'll see the field on Friday which is sad and confusing

Ironically, IIRC Tommy said yesterday that he was close to being 70-80%..........but played at 30% against Iowa.

I understand that Tommy may be trying to get to fully healthy status in time for the NFL combines/testing and so on but seriously is he really under the impression that he would actually play pro ball? Perhaps in the CFL or Europe or arena of course but a hamstring pull at this point is NOT going to effect his chances in those cases. He most likely gains financially by demonstrating his ability to get out there and perform even with a sore leg. At 70% he is as good as Fyfe and most certainly light years ahead of Darlington.

I think this bowl game is every bit as important to Nebraska's future as was last year's and a WIN is almost a necessity for Riley. We get blown out again and then have a rough couple years in '17 and '18 and its lights out for basically everybody inside the athletic department. Even the University President will feel the heat! This game as I see it is perhaps the most important in Riley's time at Nebraska - I would think he would be pulling out all the stops for this! This might have been the rare case of passing up the bowl game would be smart - not sure how easy that actually is to do with contractual obligations via Big Ten, etc

By this I mean a blow out loss is absolutely a disaster and will set us back atleast to the point of Riley's hire in recruiting, national stature and image, etc. If we are this beat up, then forfeit the game. If we are not, then stop with the feux excuses as they won't work. Injuries or not, the national media and most fans won't accept the injury excuses for a bowl game after a month off. Injuries do heal and that is time to get some back ups seriously ready. .

we have been in this conference long enough to be a lot better than we are.........Penn State is back from the ashes 5 years ago, so we have no excuse!.........we flat don't have the right coaches and recruiters here.....

We don't know if we DO have the right coaches and recruiters here because we haven't given them time to do anything.

Relax.

Penn State isn't back from anything until they've been at or near the top for more than a year. They got beat by Pitt and TRUCKED by Michigan in embarrassing fashion. Barely beat Minnesota and won a few close ones when they got lucky. They had a good year.

I'm sure this will also be your attitude when we next win a conference championship.

• Fire 2

Ironically, IIRC Tommy said yesterday that he was close to being 70-80%..........but played at 30% against Iowa.
He's at 70-80% now and has yet to practice....YIKES.

Goes to show you that Darlington should've played against Iowa

Doesn't matter what you doubt. The coaches say he's #2, he's #2.

Well duh