What did we learn-Purdue edition

That we're a pretender and are probably gonna get stomped the next 2 weeks.

:(

Yes, that could happen. However, I maintain the belief that getting back to being a great program is winning all the games you are supposed to. NU is doing that that so far this year. They may not have the style points we want to see, but the wins are there.

• Fire 2

Yes, that could happen. However, I maintain the belief that getting back to being a great program is winning all the games you are supposed to. NU is doing that that so far this year. They may not have the style points we want to see, but the wins are there.
Dont get me wrong, I'm happy we're winning, because losing sucks. But I have a feeling that there's a reckoning coming. Our inability to run the ball (and it's not just on the OL) will cost us 2-3 games down the stretch.
  • Fire 1

Worst performace by an o-line in many years.

I learned we're redshirting all the freshman o-linemen. If you were going to pull a redshirt for one of them today was the day to do it.

Honestly can't think of one guy on the line that played well today. I guess Cotton had a pretty good game.

Before the game, the coaches may have been ready to pull off some red shirts of some linemen. It didn't happen. The o-line is not good right now.

Dont get me wrong, I'm happy we're winning, because losing sucks. But I have a feeling that there's a reckoning coming.

I hear ya. I'm not impressed with Wisky. If NU stops the run, I think TA is able to make enough plays for a W.

Very well said. Nobody sees a team that is threatening for the playoffs (yet) and likely won't. But we are doing something so far that Bo could never accomplish and that is winning the games that we are supposed to. It is a pretty low bar for our program, but as you said we have to start somewhere. Win the ones that we are supposed to, don't get blown out and hopefully pull at least one upset and get to play in the CCG where anything can happen.

At this point I would be ecstatic with the Western Division Championship, not being blown out at any point this year when/if we do lose, and 11 overall wins on the year. All of which hasn't happened since Crouch was our QB. All of which are very attainable at this point in time.

I learned that going to the game thread is terrible, especially when NU is losing.

It is a good place to get a few laughs and :facepalm: . We could be on a 30 game win streak and if we didn't win every game 151-0 then we are the worst Top 10 team in the history of college football.

This ^^ We could be ahead by 10 points at the end of the third quarter, individual players could have cured cancer and ended world hunger during the halftime, but when Tommie throws a "Bad Tommie" pass...well then the whole team sucks for air and every coach should be drawn and quartered, immediately. :-)

Our offensive line isn't great at run blocking. Or isn't being taught well. Either way we shouldn't have to wait 3 quarters to be able to run the ball against the B1G's worst run defense.

Cethan Carter is that good, and we need him back.

Tommy's still a stud.

Ed Cunningham is still on the wrong side of every targeting argument. He also seems to have forgotten that the intentional/ unintentional face mask thing is no longer a thing.

Ed "The hand just slipped across the facemask, the head didn't even move"....WTH!!!!! Tommie chin came down to his chest on that one...and it wasn't an act...sheesh!