This is why.

Week 9.

Night game.

Incredible atmosphere on the road.

Top 10 opponent.

As my clock ticks as a Husker fan, I realize this is all that matters. Games like this upcoming one. Sure, I watch each week, but those games are a matter of life, a matter of living in the moment. However, the differences between those is magnified when you shine the light on the prime time game we have at our doorstep.

It's week 9. Now is the time the real teams begin to shine. Great teams get better as they go. I believe we can be great. We have weapons. We have a defense. We need to show our offensive line can do their job and Tommy can take care of the ball. If those things come together, week 9 will be one we never forget.

Night games, oh night games. Night games are often forgotten at the time, but live on as your fondest memories as a Husker fan. For me, I shall never forget them. Turning 21 and getting anihilated by USC, isn't fond, but builds character as a Husker fan. Making an incredible comeback against the Badgers with my now wife, obviously is held close to my heart. To top them off, Michigan State shall. When all hope was lost, mine was not. Standing in the stands that glorious November will forever be the moment that defined me. Night games will always define those who allow it to.

I've never been to Camp Randall, but lord knows it will be one to remember. Most will say we owe them a rear kicking, but all will take a win and that is what we shall do.

Top 10 Opponents don't come around often with such a strong chance to knock them off. While you must not look far for our last top 10 win, you must look a little further for our last on the road. No one claims it will be easy, but life isn't.

This is why we cheer our tails off. This week. This moment. Never forget the night we knock off Wisky.

• Fire 8

The big games are definitely more memorable, but the winning the other games are what enables the "big games" to have more meaning.

NU beating Michigan State last year was awesome, but it wasn't a big game to me, because it didn't mean much for last season. The next 2 games will be big because they will mean so much for NU in their hopes for a conference championship.

• Fire 1

You can knock back a few Whiskies if you want but NU is not beating Wisconsin next week as much as I hate to say it.

Outcomes are based in reality. Reality is shaped by preparation. It is clear, that Wisconsin adheres to core principles in their preparation. They are physical, disciplined. They are rarely out of position on defense, rarely out of form, and they play with high emotion. These thing have to be drilled into a team for months for it to really show on the field. Players who have prepared this way do not forget how to play on a given Saturday.

It is clear to me Nebraska has not been drilled this way. Our offensive line does not consistently secure a seam to run in. Our defensive line is not as gap disciplined as Wisconsin though they are good.

The coaches at Wisconsin are clearly excellent, and it shows.

As much as we want the reality to be an NU win, Sat. night they will still be them, and we will still be us. This is going to be a 37-17 Wisconsin win. And it will suck for me. I am preparing now.

• Fire 1

You can knock back a few Whiskies if you want but NU is not beating Wisconsin next week as much as I hate to say it.

Outcomes are based in reality. Reality is shaped by preparation. It is clear, that Wisconsin adheres to core principles in their preparation. They are physical, disciplined. They are rarely out of position on defense, rarely out of form, and they play with high emotion. These thing have to be drilled into a team for months for it to really show on the field. Players who have prepared this way do not forget how to play on a given Saturday.

It is clear to me Nebraska has not been drilled this way. Our offensive line does not consistently secure a seam to run in. Our defensive line is not as gap disciplined as Wisconsin though they are good.

As much as we want the reality to be an NU win, Sat. night they will still be them, and we will still be us. This is going to be a 37-17 Wisconsin win. And it will suck for me. I am preparing now.

Reality is decided with each tic on the clock. Was the dreadful outcome against Iowa State, when we had 8 fumbles, any reality that anyone had imagined before that awful day? Not even the most optimistic Cyclone fan saw that as a possible outcome. How about Appalacian State v Mechicken? You may as well find something else to do. Go bowling, or have a big parchesi tournament. We may lose, but we have a decent chance of having a great game and an even greater outcome. I do hope you find something else to do and miss what may be our biggest win in a decade or more.

Of course the odds are against us. But the OP intended this to be a "what if" thread. A "what if" that is only made possible by seven wins. It is a moment that most fans look forward to, just to be part of that moment. The outcome will take care of itself. Live in the moment man. Or not...

• Fire 1

Week 9.

Night game.

Incredible atmosphere on the road.

Top 10 opponent.

As my clock ticks as a Husker fan, I realize this is all that matters. Games like this upcoming one. Sure, I watch each week, but those games are a matter of life, a matter of living in the moment. However, the differences between those is magnified when you shine the light on the prime time game we have at our doorstep.

It's week 9. Now is the time the real teams begin to shine. Great teams get better as they go. I believe we can be great. We have weapons. We have a defense. We need to show our offensive line can do their job and Tommy can take care of the ball. If those things come together, week 9 will be one we never forget.

Night games, oh night games. Night games are often forgotten at the time, but live on as your fondest memories as a Husker fan. For me, I shall never forget them. Turning 21 and getting anihilated by USC, isn't fond, but builds character as a Husker fan. Making an incredible comeback against the Badgers with my now wife, obviously is held close to my heart. To top them off, Michigan State shall. When all hope was lost, mine was not. Standing in the stands that glorious November will forever be the moment that defined me. Night games will always define those who allow it to.

I've never been to Camp Randall, but lord knows it will be one to remember. Most will say we owe them a rear kicking, but all will take a win and that is what we shall do.

Top 10 Opponents don't come around often with such a strong chance to knock them off. While you must not look far for our last top 10 win, you must look a little further for our last on the road. No one claims it will be easy, but life isn't.

This is why we cheer our tails off. This week. This moment. Never forget the night we knock off Wisky.

I totally caught the feeling you intended to create. I'm with you.

and it is clear to all that you watch zero football at all and make assenine and transitive generalizations based on box scores and score tickers.

Do you guys who prepare for the worst in life just do it so things are better when they actually do go your way? I'm just curious.

I'm usually optimistic when it comes to the Huskers, and pessimistic with everything else. This season, I'm not as optimistic about the Huskers, but I'm more optimistic about everything else.

If you're a pessimist, sometimes you're pleasantly surprised. If you're an optimist, you're just setting yourself up for disappointment.

That said, I'm up in the air about this game. I thought we'd lose to Indiana and win this one. So, I've got no idea.

Do you also have next weeks lottery numbers? Or any other else you want to tell us, Nostradamus?