What in the world has happened to Sparty?

chamrocck

If you start ignoring the past games, you might as well ignore today's games, because the same excuses to take away legitimacy of a teams performance can be used 30 years from now. What? they used email? drove gasoline powered cars? Damn, that stuff just does not count.

And yes Minnesota does have an old tradition, hence it does have some old rivalries, even though they have not been able to be successful consistently.

Maybe I'm a history buff and thats just the way I look at it. But learning from history is one of the wisest things individuals or groups can do, it gives a much wider perspective then the tiny amount one has in he's short blurp of awareness and a lot more tools to come to well formed conclusions. Unfortunately most just think it's oldie stuff, yet as the old saying goes if you dont learn from it, it just keeps on repeating itself.........now excuse me,my soap box grew out of control there, we were talking football. Go Blue and all that.

Well, how about you just watch old time games on the old VCR and not worry about the games today...because you can just watch them in 30 years.

Zing!

I think Dantonio's run is officially over. They held their own for a few years. Built up a decent roster. But Michigan is killing them in recruiting now. It's gonna be tough to hang with tOSU and Michigan on that side of the conference. And Penn State will only get better as sanctions expire. I'm guessing Michigan State is in for a long downhill slide. RIP Sparty.

I've seen a number of HBers say they would love to play like Michigan State. Well if Sparty loses to Illinois today, they would complete their transition to the 2015 Nebraska team.

You know, maybe i'm in the minority, but I would be fine with one absolutely awful (even worse than 2015 season) every decade or so if it meant we were otherwise making the playoffs, winning conference championships and major bowls.

I've seen a number of HBers say they would love to play like Michigan State. Well if Sparty loses to Illinois today, they would complete their transition to the 2015 Nebraska team.

You know, maybe i'm in the minority, but I would be fine with one absolutely awful (even worse than 2015 season) every decade or so if it meant we were otherwise making the playoffs, winning conference championships and major bowls.

I agree with this but we'll see how they are long term now without their defensive coordinator.

Im this way as well. At least the staff would show an understading of 2 steps forward, 1 step back, and that progress is not constantly posititve, nor it is constantly flat. Youre either getting better or worse. And sometimes you have to get worse in order to get better. I like that a lot more than setting a benchmark at 9 wins and saying "he. Look at me. Bama and Oregon....."

They'd be 2-7. Worse than the 2015 Nebraska team.

7 in a row :o after losing to Illinois. Wow