Coaches poll

How did Wisconsin drop a spot for beating Iowa? I think OSU was punished a bit too much for losing essentially on a fluky play- the blocked kick return TD- in a tough road environment. Are we a top-6 team? Let the hand-wringing begin (continue).

Yeah, that's the first thing that jumped out at me too. Seems sorta harsh to drop Wiscy a spot for winning a conference road game against a decent opponent. It's not like West Virginia (the team that jumped them) won a tough game. They beat 4-3 TCU at home by three scores. Big whoop. :hmmph:

If Nebraska were to remain undefeated up to and including the Big 10 championship, how far do you think we could rise? #3 or even as far as #2?

Probably any of the current top 4 remaining undefeated would keep them ahead of us. We'd jump them if they lose.
considering a team ahead of us in the top 4 would have to lose for us to go undefeated through the big 10 title game, I would say this is a possibility. Look if Bama loses to LSU and Michigan wins out, Michigan is #1 headed into the big 10 title game. We would likely be top 4 as well being undefeated and all. If we beat #1 Michiganto finish undefeated I highly doubt any team is put ahead of us.

I get what you all are saying but to me, an undefeated Big 10 Champ, regardless of if it's us or Michigan, is no lower than 3 but would more likely be 2-1 depending on Alabama.

My gut feeling is that Louisville is #1 because that Heisman QB they have is ridiculous. You're right though if it shakes out that way.
It's gonna be tough for Louisville in my opinion, only because their remaining schedule provides 0 significant games. If somehow Clemson drops 2 games though that would change my mind on this matter quickly.

Edit: actually I take this back. If clemson goes undefeated that would help Louisville if the Pac 12 ends up in chaos. I think an undefeated conference champion is in there for sure and it will be tough to say no to a 1 loss champ, but it will definitely be a debate to be had as I expect Louisville to finish spectacularly against their poor back end schedule.

How did Wisconsin drop a spot for beating Iowa? I think OSU was punished a bit too much for losing essentially on a fluky play- the blocked kick return TD- in a tough road environment. Are we a top-6 team? Let the hand-wringing begin (continue).

Because great teams don't put themselves in positions where they can lose on one play. Always sucks when your special team costs you the game, though.

If Nebraska were to remain undefeated up to and including the Big 10 championship, how far do you think we could rise? #3 or even as far as #2?

If we win the next two games we deserve to be no lower than #2. Wins on the road against Wisky and tOSU is better than anyone else in the country has accomplished to this point to include Alabama. But I can see keeping the defending Champion #1 until they lose.

Bama should remain number 1 until they lose a game. If we win out, which I would love but don't expect, being ranked in the top 4 is all that matters. Where we're ranked among the top 4 is not important since the game results decide everything from that point forward.

All that said, it is nice to dream. I will keep doing so as long as possible. It is great for recruiting and I think the next five years or longer could be very special.

Cool to see! I know we're all unhappy with barely beating some of these bad teams and winning ugly, but I bet we would all be thrilled to be Wisky at their house with another ugly win this weekend. Riley seems to do well getting the guys focused for these big games and we seem to be playing up or down to our competition. Let's hope we win again and get to keep climbing!

• Fire 1

Sort of frustrating to see, but on the ESPN - NCAAF main page, I scrolled all the way down, and unless I missed something....nothing about Nebraska. But I understand.

With a win next week, in Madison, then they'll have to take notice, for a while anyway.

Wisconsin scares me, but I think it is more based on our recent history than on Jimmies and Joes.....

Gotta say, I'm already jacked up for this coming game and I don't get jacked up until almost game time these days.!

Go Big Red.

• Fire 1