The Worst 7-0 team you've ever heard of

knapplc

I couldn't care less if we're winning ugly or beating everyone by 20 points. We were 3-4 at this point last season, 3-6 by the time we got done playing Purdue. We're winning ugly, we "don't belong" in the top ten, we're going to get smoked by any "real team" we play.

Don't care. At all. Last year was a great reminder how most of college football lives most of the time. Doesn't matter if we're "supposed to be" better than that. A few key injuries and we could be looking at losses like those on a regular basis. It's tough to win seven games, especially seven in a row.

Look at Michigan State, your 2015 Big Ten champs. 2-5, riding a five-game losing streak.

That's how quickly things can change. I'm not going to complain that we're in the Top Ten right now.

EDIT - I should have included this in the first post. This wasn't a reply to Nebfanatic. Sorry for any confusion I caused.

• Fire 4

Oh I'm not complaining either and I don't think we are the worst 7-0 team out there. I think we haven't played to our potential but if we were to we could definitely beat any team in the big 10, and this year that'sounds basically saying we could beat anybody. Bama would give us fits and likely blow us out, but when healthy and playing well I like this teams chances against anybody else in the country.

• Fire 1

You can only beat the teams on your schedule. Am I confident in this staff's ability? Not exactly, considering they are struggling to throttle bad teams that are far less talented than our roster.

That said, going 7-0 isn't easy and this team deserves a top 10 ranking.

Speaking of MSU and Stanford, so much for the thought that we should emulate them offensively. I wonder what NU fans will tolerate if this team takes a step back like MSU has.

You can only beat the teams on your schedule. Am I confident in this staff's ability? Not exactly, considering they are struggling to throttle bad teams that are far less talented than our roster.

That said, going 7-0 isn't easy and this team deserves a top 10 ranking.

Speaking of MSU and Stanford, so much for the thought that we should emulate them offensively. I wonder what NU fans will tolerate if this team takes a step back like MSU has.

I'd be surprised if we stepped back that far

It's pretty fun being a fan right now.

My only concern with "we don't belong" is just tempering expectations, because it is annoying for me personally to deal with everyone reacting like the sky is falling when the sky wasn't that high up there to begin with. Maybe we'll go undefeated - maybe we'll lose the next two games - maybe we'll drop three of them - either way, it doesn't really matter. Just enjoy the ride for what it is and don't get caught up in what it could be or could have been.

• Fire 5

Oh I'm not complaining either and I don't think we are the worst 7-0 team out there. I think we haven't played to our potential but if we were to we could definitely beat any team in the big 10, and this year that'sounds basically saying we could beat anybody. Bama would give us fits and likely blow us out, but when healthy and playing well I like this teams chances against anybody else in the country.

Whoops. My 2nd post may have seemed like a reply to you, but it was just me thinking out loud. I edited it. Sorry for any confusion I caused.