why some teams are on TV so much

beorach

I see Va. Tech is on this Thursday again...just like last Thursday... How is it the Hokies are (seemingly) such a draw? I have long felt that South Carolina was also on the short list for exposure relative to the attractiveness of their football. Maybe I'm imagining things but it sure seems like the exposure level is pretty high for these teams, relative to that of the average team without traditional power status.

Even back to the Beamer days (the dude with the turkey gobbler neck) he built his program with national exposure on Thursday nights. I believe Snyder did the same. Then it seems towards the Novemberish time of the season in recent years Tuesday and Wednesday feature MAC games.

As Sandhills said a great way to get your team exposure but now it seems there are quite a few games on Thursdays so you don't own 100% of the audience and now their is always an NFL game to compete with too.

Edit: Don't Forget games on Friday nights too....