Great read on where we are at stat wise through 7 games.

Boy, you'd never know the D line was playing so well by listening to the commentary from the TV announcers week and week out who simply dump on our front four considerably. The do rave about our secondary play most of the time but offer fewer postive remarks, that I have noticed at least, about the front seven.

This seems to say it is the left side of the O line where the big fails are but I tend to feel we have as much trouble running to the right side of the center as the left. I have not attempted to do a true data count of course - just 'it seems' that way perahps. I think our center play has been "OK" but the article seems to say he's down exceptionally well but we do have some serious pass rush issues from up the middle as well. Not sure which linemen are supposed to block who but in general the line collapse seems to be pretty 'across the board' to my way of viewing it.

The break down of Tommy's passing suggests he's not very good in the longer throws and although his completion % is lower, one should expect that as the longer the throw, the lower the accuracy and more difficult a completion can be. Some QBs who tend to throw quite a few deeper routes on the sidelines throw those 'sky balls' or fade pattern throws where they just lob it up there and let the receiver run under it somewhat like catching a punt over the shoulder in a retreat mode. Miami used to throws those by the dozens against back in the day (think Gino Torretta, etc). As I recall.

I think Tommy has done considerably better this year and I look for him to continue to do pretty well. I think the improvement in his play has been a direct contributor to our being unbeaten.