The impact of a win on Saturday.

This is a huge game no matter how you slice and dice it.

If we win, it helps legitimize the program to many people who are doubting it.

However, really the only way it's a total disaster for the program is if we get demolished and aren't competitive at all. Right now, most people are expecting us to lose. If we lose in a close game...meh....we aren't where we want to be but it's not major headline crap.

• Fire 3

Win and it legitimizes Mike Riley as the HC and puts Nebraska squarely in the playoff race. A loss isn't the end of the world, but my fear is all the closet Bolievers come back and say "I TOLD YOU SO BLAH BLAH BLAH" and this place becomes a bigger dumpsterfire then it usually is.

• Fire 8

This is a huge game no matter how you slice and dice it.

If we win, it helps legitimize the program to many people who are doubting it.

However, really the only way it's a total disaster for the program is if we get demolished and aren't competitive at all. Right now, most people are expecting us to lose. If we lose in a close game...meh....we aren't where we want to be but it's not major headline crap.

Win and it legitimizes Mike Riley as the HC and puts Nebraska squarely in the playoff race. A loss isn't the end of the world, but my fear is all the closet Bolievers come back and say "I TOLD YOU SO BLAH BLAH BLAH" and this place becomes a bigger dumpsterfire then it usually is.

^^^ These

Our odds of winning the Division go up exponentially. Based on figures from another thread, right now we have roughly (and conservatively) a 40% to 45% chance of winning the division. Win this game, and I would assume our chances go up anywhere from 20 to 40 percentage points.

Wisconsin would have 3 conference losses. This is essentially an elimination game for them.

Northwestern only has one conference loss but it is to us, so we win the tiebreaker. Plus they still have to play OSU and Wisc.

Iowa has 2 conference losses but still play Penn St, Michigan and Nebraska.

Minnesoa has 2 conference losses but still play Nebraska, Northwestern, and Wisconsin.

• Fire 1

And then I'll just laugh at them. If Bo was still the HC I wouldn't be surprised at all by a blowout loss. If Riley loses this game, itll be close and competitive. Not a 40 point blowout that bo made famous.

• Fire 3

And then I'll just laugh at them. If Bo was still the HC I wouldn't be surprised at all by a blowout loss. If Riley loses this game, itll be close and competitive. Not a 40 point blowout that bo made famous.

While I agree...this is one thing that I feel absolutely needs to leave the minds of the Husker fans.

"Close loss" is for the "little engine that could" programs...Not for Nebraska.

Back to the impact of this game. A win here really pretty much gives Nebraska the West Division Title.

• Fire 2

While I agree...this is one thing that I feel absolutely needs to leave the minds of the Husker fans.

"Close loss" is for the "little engine that could" programs...Not for Nebraska.

Back to the impact of this game. A win here really pretty much gives Nebraska the West Division Title.

Agreed. A close loss just looks better on paper, especially to people who don't actually watch the game/

Also, while I said if....I do think Riley will have this team ready to play and will win this game. I just dont see this team losing in Camp Randall this year.

A win goes a long way to legitimizing this season, especially to the Boleivers and the national media. What it doesn't do is hand us the West Title: with the multitude of injuries piling up, nothing is a given.

True but it is pretty close.

Someone pointed out up above and a win this Saturday is almost a clinching win.

I don't give two sh*ts about Bolievers or Boleavers.

I care about championships. If we lose this game, it is a tough hill to climb to win the division. Next year, our schedule sets up much better for the division, but we lose a lot. This game is huge.

• Fire 4