*** 2016 Game 8 "Expert" Picks: Nebraska at Wisconsin***

Saunders

What happens?  

69 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Normally I would want to play them fair and square and the better team wins.

But not this year. After falling to them last year in heartbreaking fashion, after getting curbstomped two other trips to Madison, after gettin completely destroyed in our last title game appearance....

I want to dismantle them to the point they can't recover. I couldn't be happier they are shaken and beaten up. Petty or not, we need this win as a program more than they do.

We need this more??? Do you think they care? We don't even need a spot in a trophy case for the Freedom trophy. Hell, we don't even know how big it is...because WE HAVE NEVER WON IT. Night game, hostile environment (where we can't seem to do anything right)...Halloween Party...if we win, it'll be because we stole it. We haven't been tested. Oregon sucks. They have. That's the difference. They have seen adversity, looked it in the eye and overcome it. If we win, it will be all on Armstrong. He'll have to go JT Barrett and carry the team. I don't think he will. Hope I'm wrong.

The two losses say differently.

• Fire 1

But not this year. After falling to them last year in heartbreaking fashion, after getting curbstomped two other trips to Madison, after gettin completely destroyed in our last title game appearance....

I want to dismantle them to the point they can't recover. I couldn't be happier they are shaken and beaten up. Petty or not, we need this win as a program more than they do.

We need this more??? Do you think they care? We don't even need a spot in a trophy case for the Freedom trophy. Hell, we don't even know how big it is...because WE HAVE NEVER WON IT. Night game, hostile environment (where we can't seem to do anything right)...Halloween Party...if we win, it'll be because we stole it. We haven't been tested. Oregon sucks. They have. That's the difference. They have seen adversity, looked it in the eye and overcome it. If we win, it will be all on Armstrong. He'll have to go JT Barrett and carry the team. I don't think he will. Hope I'm wrong.

What the heck is this?

Who knows, this pretty much sums up how I felt reading his post.

y88yyj.jpg

• Fire 3

Yes, we need this more. Our program is in a drought. And I don't care what they need.

Do I think they care? About winning? I would imagine they do. Neither team probably cares about the trophy, you're the one who brought that up.

Yeah it's a night game....wait, why am I responding to all this?

Boo-Is-Really-Tired-In-Monsters-Inc.-Gif

• Fire 1

Still can't believe someone in this thread said the Huskers haven't faced adversity.

It's... sure hard to think of anything they've gone through that was hard. Shucks... I just can't think of a single thing.

Seriously, some people can't remember what they ate for breakfast.

This Husker team has faced more adversity than 99% of college teams this year, and WE have overcome that thus far to win every game. The trials this team has been through is what I place my confidence in these next 2 weeks

I think we'll find out pretty early how this game is going to go by watching our OTs, Knevel and Gates. If they're still hobbled like they were against Purdue, I don't see us doing many good things offensively. We may get a chunk play here or there in the passing game, but without a running game, not sure we can put many points on the board. I can see a 21-17 type final score, either way, but have to give the edge to Wisconsin.

I think we'll find out pretty early how this game is going to go by watching our OTs, Knevel and Gates. If they're still hobbled like they were against Purdue, I don't see us doing many good things offensively. We may get a chunk play here or there in the passing game, but without a running game, not sure we can put many points on the board. I can see a 21-17 type final score, either way, but have to give the edge to Wisconsin.

i agree with what you say regarding our tackles, although i think the key is Gates. i was not that impressed with Knevel even when he was healthy, so having a bad ankle doesn't create a huge drop off. also, if they are able to run at will against our defense early and dominate the line of scrimmage then i think we get boat run like the Huskers last game in madison.

i agree with what you say regarding our tackles, although i think the key is Gates. i was not that impressed with Knevel even when he was healthy, so having a bad ankle doesn't create a huge drop off. also, if they are able to run at will against our defense early and dominate the line of scrimmage then i think we get boat run like the Huskers last game in madison.

I don't see this team getting shelled like '14. I agree on Gates. He's incredible when healthy. Lot of fun watching him finish blocks. I think I heard he's feeling better than he has in weeks too.