Looking for some ideas (Website)

EDIT-------------

Does Nebraska have a site strictly dedicated towards recruits?

I would assume that it already exists but am not for sure. Simple as the coaches putting the link in in the mail when sending to recruits, they could tweet it to them, or when they in-home visit. I think would be beneficial to show kids why they should visit since we do so much out of state recruiting.

Have different categories for sports, academics, facilities etc. Click on football and get a tour of the stadium, trophies and facts about the history of the teams

I know you can click around the UNL website and see some things, but it isn't that great of an approach on what I was thinking.

***Again, a site fully dedicated to recruits - for them to easily access and see what Nebraska is all about. No need to sign up. I could get this going and then get feedback/input/ideas from you guys on here daily until it fully gets going.

If you guys think this would be a good or dumb idea please let me know.

If I was going to create a sports related website I'd make it geared toward providing info for making fantasy picks. I'd have a schedule section like http://www.fbschedules.com/. I'd also have pages with stats, injury reports, and other useful info. All the info is available on the Interwebz. It's just not compiled in one place.

Given the millions of people who play fantasy football each week, it seems like this would catch on.

• Fire 2

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking.

Are you looking for suggestions for subject matter? Hosting sites? Developer references? Graphic design?

What do you want to end up with?

What's your budget?

To whom do you want to appeal?

How much time do you have to build and maintain it?

Does Nebraska have a site strictly dedicated towards recruits?

I would assume that it already exists but am not for sure. Simple as the coaches putting the link in in the mail when sending to recruits, they could tweet it to them, or when they in-home visit. I think would be beneficial to show kids why they should visit since we do so much out of state recruiting.

Have different categories for sports, academics, facilities etc. Click on football and get a tour of the stadium, trophies and facts about the history of the teams

I know you can click around the UNL website and see some things, but it isn't that great of an approach on what I was thinking.

***Again, a site fully dedicated to recruits - for them to easily access and see what Nebraska is all about. No need to sign up. I could get this going and then get feedback/input/ideas from you guys on here daily until it fully gets going.

If you guys think this would be a good or dumb idea please let me know.

I'm pretty sure they have this covered, might want to ask the guys in the recruiting forum but I'm betting they do. If you're trying to come up with an idea for a website that no one has ever thought of ever you're gonna have a hard time. So even if a site like this does exist I wouldn't let that stop you if that's what you want to do.

I wouldn't mind something of the inverse, something that follows recruits Nebraska is targeting and recruits interested in Nebraska. Something that does require paid access or a magazine subscription. I also would like more coverage of Nebraska high school players. Most major recruiting sites only have a handful of recruits that might make a D-1 roster. I'd like an all encompassing site that follows kids to wherever they may land be it DII/III or NAIA

I'm pretty sure they have this covered, might want to ask the guys in the recruiting forum but I'm betting they do. If you're trying to come up with an idea for a website that no one has ever thought of ever you're gonna have a hard time. So even if a site like this does exist I wouldn't let that stop you if that's what you want to do.

I wouldn't mind something of the inverse, something that follows recruits Nebraska is targeting and recruits interested in Nebraska. Something that does require paid access or a magazine subscription. I also would like more coverage of Nebraska high school players. Most major recruiting sites only have a handful of recruits that might make a D-1 roster. I'd like an all encompassing site that follows kids to wherever they may land be it DII/III or NAIA

I follow recruiting a lot and cannot find something like it. I don't plan on making anything 100% new, because like you said that is very difficult to do. As I mentioned, you can go to Huskers.com and click around to see a few things, but it doesn't grab your attention. I think if 'recruit' can check out the link and get a complete understanding of the sport they might choose at Nebraska would be beneficial.

It's more of a niche idea - strictly dedicated towards recruits. Not just news, info.

• Fire 1

I follow recruiting a lot and cannot find something like it. I don't plan on making anything 100% new, because like you said that is very difficult to do. As I mentioned, you can go to Huskers.com and click around to see a few things, but it doesn't grab your attention. I think if 'recruit' can check out the link and get a complete understanding of the sport they might choose at Nebraska would be beneficial.

It's more of a niche idea - strictly dedicated towards recruits. Not just news, info.

1) No, unless maybe the website is strictly private and I have yet to be recruited by the university (yet - (; ), that does not exist to my knowledge.

2) It would be very nice, and seems like a great idea. Are you a developer yourself? You should PM me.

• Fire 1