What Did We Learn - Wisconsin Edition

I really hope our young up and coming players and guys like KJJ and Gebbia are reading this.

I am tired of losing to Wisconsin. I hate it. So when it is your time, beat these guys. Because we had a chance tonight and it just seemed we weren’t up for the stage to pull it off. I thought we’d lose tonight and we did. I don’t say that because I am down on our team…I just have seen them so much and when I see Wisconsin the eye test doesn’t fail…they are better. I like our team…they are a legitimate top 20 team and fought back to force the OT, but Wisconsin is legitimate top 10. They thrive in OT and we shrink in OT. #23 on Wisconsin is the best RB on the field, and it is not even close. Their OL is better than our OL. Their WR’s catch the damn ball…and we just seem to drop it a bit too much. Their passes are just a bit more accurate. Their defense is more intense than ours, takes better angles, and gets to the ball quicker. They do the little things better than us…how many times this year have we been called for 5 men in the backfield?! We have a better kicker, so there.

I thought the coaching was pretty good tonight with the huge exception of OT where the play calling was garbage. Why are we running into the strength/teeth of their defense to force us into 3rd and 4th and long? While the defense played fairly well, we should have used some opportune times to blitz since Wisconsin QB’s were not that mobile. We needed some sacks to force them into 3rd and longs or force fumbles. Not sure if our defensive coaching just thought we’d not be able to get the pressure against their OL but we should have tried, especially giving different looks as they changed QB’s.

This was progress to be built upon but sucked to lose in the end when we had the momentum.

• Fire 5

Really think this was our most complete game (though in my opinion, that's not necessarily saying a lot). There are always things that could be done better but overall a really good effort against a solid - though far from spectacular - opponent at their place at night.

Nate Gerry is a stud - not that I just learned that tonight

Bando has been playing like a man possessed the last three games.

Carlos Davis really turning into a force.

Really hard to win any game if you have a QB complete less than 40% of his passes and throw two picks - let along a road game against a solid team.

Really, REALLY wanted Drew Brown to get a chance at the end of regulation.

• Fire 8

-Really happy with the oline. After Purdue I thought we'd get demolished.

-That being said we need to get healthy on offense.

-D played great.

-TA was late on a lot of passes and and had some bad misses. Morgan was open on the 4th down pass a better pass means a touchdown.

-Newby missed the cutback lane on the 1st OT run.

-Still hate Wisconsin.

-Carlos Davis will be a VERY special player in the future.

-Refs missed crutial call in OT that could've changed the outcome of the game.

-How the game should've ended: Neb calls Foltz on coin toss and wins. Wisky scores but misses PAT. Nebraska scores and wins on Brown PAT. Brown points up to the sky and it starts to rain.

• Fire 6

They still have everything to play for. Win out and they still make the playoffs.

This team isn't a paper tiger that's only got a good record because of poor competition.

The black and white team sucks.

I'm afraid that it is. Yes, they have everything to play for. yes, they control their destiny. No, they won't beat OSU. this isn't the team we want to send to Indy...I remember. Close, but not ready

I'd put this team up in Indy with a 1- or 2- loss conference record and let them take a crack at anybody. Think they'd make a game of it.

Michigan seems to be the only B1G team really firing on all cylinders right now. We showed we can play with Wisconsin who showed they can play with the best in the East. We definitely can play with anyone. We just have to find a way to make some more plays on both sides of the ball.

• Fire 3

You win with class, you lose with class.

Things did not go perfectly, seldom do in a football game.

Every time I watch this team, I have pride in Nebraska, every time I come to this board I lose some for the members. Your a Nebraska fan, your better than blaming everyone and every thing for failure/loss, accept the team lost, gave a great effort and move on. Kicking the dog is not going to do any good. Figure the positives that we can put against Ohio State. Encourage the kids, the staff and Coach Riley. Your short sighted rants about how bad the team is, the coaching staff is, is mostly hear say. Most don't have an original though. And the story rolls.

• Fire 2