4 More Games

11-1 is best case scenario. One regular season loss and a shot at the B1G title, and in all likelihood playing in the biggest bowl game since 2001.

10-2 with competitive losses to UW and OSU would also signal (at least to me anyway) an improvement. Not losing a dumb game to a lesser team a la Iowa St 2009, Northwestern in 2011, Minnesota in 2013 and 2014, or any game from last season. This scenario would also set up a chance at an 11 win season. Something NU hasn't done in 15 years.

9-3 status quo. More of the same. Not bad, not great. No shot at conference title. Lame bowl. Keep hoping that "next year is the year."

8-4 Would be very disappointing.

11-1 is best case scenario. One regular season loss and a shot at the B1G title, and in all likelihood playing in the biggest bowl game since 2001.

10-2 with competitive losses to UW and OSU would also signal (at least to me anyway) an improvement. Not losing a dumb game to a lesser team a la Iowa St 2009, Northwestern in 2011, Minnesota in 2013 and 2014, or any game from last season. This scenario would also set up a chance at an 11 win season. Something NU hasn't done in 15 years.

9-3 status quo. More of the same. Not bad, not great. No shot at conference title. Lame bowl. Keep hoping that "next year is the year."

8-4 Would be very disappointing.

9-3 / 8-4 would be disappointment now after the start we had, but before the season me thought that's how we would end up.

I'm trying to figure out the other 3 tough games. Is that referring to the CCG and bowl game?

Minnesota is 6-2 and has beat NU 2 of the last 3 meetings.

Maryland is 5-3. Not a scary team, but certainly not chumps either.

Iowa is 5-3. Again not a scary team, but they are not chumps.

The remaining 4 games are all winnable, but will not be easy. These are tough teams for an NU squad that has shown vulnerabilities and struggled in every game this year.

I would feel much better if our OL was 100%, we had ready back ups and deeper depth......I also think that we will see different play calling against OSU that could be the difference, blame it on play calling, injuries whatever, but the pressers show their were some concerns about the O not clicking. We need good Tommy Sat to have any hopes of winning. Having Carter back, although unsure "how back", should be a huge help. His perimeter blocking is something that is way over looked...

The games after OSU are not gimmes by any stretch. NU is too inconsistent to think that. When we start curb stomping "lesser" teams like Michicken, I'll say we are back. Elite teams blow out lesser teams. NU does not....at least not yet. If more injuries occur tomorrow, I could see us dropping 2-3 more and finishing the regular season 8-4........

I would feel much better if our OL was 100%, we had ready back ups and deeper depth......I also think that we will see different play calling against OSU that could be the difference, blame it on play calling, injuries whatever, but the pressers show their were some concerns about the O not clicking. We need good Tommy Sat to have any hopes of winning. Having Carter back, although unsure "how back", should be a huge help. His perimeter blocking is something that is way over looked...

The games after OSU are not gimmes by any stretch. NU is too inconsistent to think that. When we start curb stomping "lesser" teams like Michicken, I'll say we are back. Elite teams blow out lesser teams. NU does not....at least not yet. If more injuries occur tomorrow, I could see us dropping 2-3 more and finishing the regular season 8-4........

This.

When NU went up 17-0 so quick on Indiana, I thought briefly that it was a turning point. I thought to myself, "This is what top 10 teams do." That notion went away rather quickly. Just as all games are winnable, they are equally losable.