Nebraska High School Players - Class of 2020

I didn't see this thread made, so I figured I would...

I was just as shocked. This is my high school - I've moved away since and have no affiliation, so I remain unbiased. Apparently this kid is the buzz of the town, and got some legit interest already with the highlight film from this year.

http://www.hudl.com/video/3/7933538/581b58ce3bd8143794ca957e

Kid is just embarrassing these guys who are probably 2-3 years older than him. Curious to see if he continues developing. I know no one was that good on the team at any age level when I played LOL.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

Dang this kid looks good for a Freshman. Nice moves on the outside and has a really good form when making tackles.

Kind of off topic but what I don't get is when people say "private schools recruit" which is false. Now some may recruit but really it would be just convincing a kid on the fence of going most likely, but if you look at some of these schools the same families have been going to a said school for a long time. Also these people have no evidence to prove a private school recruits players and if you have to pay tuition to go to one, you would first have to afford it. Lots of these schools like Scouts, Scutt, Newman, Pius, Gross etc. just have really good athletes that go to there school. If they win it is because they have talent and work hard like every other school does.

Back to this kid after the rant, Nebraska will probably offer this guy as an athlete if he has a really good sophomore campaign. He may not be playing the best competition, but he has talent and will have a competitive drive most likely to play for the huskers.

Dang this kid looks good for a Freshman. Nice moves on the outside and has a really good form when making tackles.

Kind of off topic but what I don't get is when people say "private schools recruit" which is false. Now some may recruit but really it would be just convincing a kid on the fence of going most likely, but if you look at some of these schools the same families have been going to a said school for a long time. Also these people have no evidence to prove a private school recruits players and if you have to pay tuition to go to one, you would first have to afford it. Lots of these schools like Scouts, Scutt, Newman, Pius, Gross etc. just have really good athletes that go to there school. If they win it is because they have talent and work hard like every other school does.

Back to this kid after the rant, Nebraska will probably offer this guy as an athlete if he has a really good sophomore campaign. He may not be playing the best competition, but he has talent and will have a competitive drive most likely to play for the huskers.

Ditto on the private schools not recruiting. Scotus won C-1 last year, had a freak senior class that everyone noticed when they were 8th graders were going to be special (Scotus is 7-12, no one is recruiting high school football players in 7th grade).

Apparently he's very big into baseball too, so hopefully that doesn't pull away from football.

• 1 year later...

On 11/4/2016 at 8:00 PM, Atbone95 said:

I didn't see this thread made, so I figured I would...

I was just as shocked. This is my high school - I've moved away since and have no affiliation, so I remain unbiased. Apparently this kid is the buzz of the town, and got some legit interest already with the highlight film from this year.

http://www.hudl.com/video/3/7933538/581b58ce3bd8143794ca957e

Kid is just embarrassing these guys who are probably 2-3 years older than him. Curious to see if he continues developing. I know no one was that good on the team at any age level when I played LOL.

Someone just +1'ed me from over a year ago... 

Go Shamrocks. Picked up his first baseball offer today (to Nebraska). 

Edited by Atbone95
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...