While Rose Ivey was being worked on on the sidelines he clapped for members of the military being honored according to tweets floating around.

In other words, get over it. He has a right to protest, he's intelligent and came to a decision he believes deeply in and can back up

He does have that right to protest, just like everyone has the right to call him out on it if they don't like the way he is protesting. Sorry but his right to protest doesn't trump anyone's right of free speech.
Wise men and fools have the right to free speech. Both should not be respected equally.
I agree. His foolish disrespect of our national anthem is his right on his own time. But he should never had been allowed to embarrass and offend the university and state while wearing a Nebraska uniform.

Good riddance.

except the University wasn't embarrassed or offended, they supported him. Looks like you are the one offended.

What does the left say, if one person is offended by what he did it IS offensive.

Many were offended by the blatant disrespect he showed.

Many weren't, including many servicemen & women, who publicly offered Rose-Ivey support.

He is free to protest. You are free to be angered by it. You are NOT free to tell him to stop protesting. What you should be doing, instead of blaming "millennials" is showing him/them the error of their ways by modeling the better behavior you expect from him.

• Fire 2

While Rose Ivey was being worked on on the sidelines he clapped for members of the military being honored according to tweets floating around.

In other words, get over it. He has a right to protest, he's intelligent and came to a decision he believes deeply in and can back up

He does have that right to protest, just like everyone has the right to call him out on it if they don't like the way he is protesting. Sorry but his right to protest doesn't trump anyone's right of free speech.
Wise men and fools have the right to free speech. Both should not be respected equally.
I agree. His foolish disrespect of our national anthem is his right on his own time. But he should never had been allowed to embarrass and offend the university and state while wearing a Nebraska uniform.

Good riddance.

Do you need football stadiums to be a safe space?

Nope. I'm not a millennial that needs to cry about losing an election. It's called respect and time and place while acting as a representative of the state and university.

You want other people to respect your views during a certain time in a certain place. You're asking for a safe space. Even if you don't want to admit it.

Poor attempt to dodge with millenials and election.

• Fire 1

Good riddance.

except the University wasn't embarrassed or offended, they supported him. Looks like you are the one offended.
What does the left say, if one person is offended by what he did it IS offensive.

see now yout are moving the goal posts. You probably don't even believe in that statement you want to just use it for your argument. You said he embarrassed and offended the University, which is a false statement. The University supported his actions as did his team and coach who OKed the action before it even happened. So to say he was being blatantly disrespectful is also false. He told his team about it told his coach about it and communicated what he was doing and why. He gave us that same communication in the press conference that followed. That is respect. Respect isn't doing things others want you to do, it is going about the things you want to do in a way that is thoughtful of others, which I belive he did.

• Fire 2

Good riddance.

Many weren't, including many servicemen & women, who publicly offered Rose-Ivey support.

He is free to protest. You are free to be angered by it. You are NOT free to tell him to stop protesting. What you should be doing, instead of blaming "millennials" is showing him/them the error of their ways by modeling the better behavior you expect from him.

Yes I am free to tell him to stop (He doesn't have to) & question anything I would like to question. You give the same typical liberal answers. You are free to do what you want as long as we agree with it & if you question it your _______! Fill in the blank with whatever attack word fits ie foolish, racist, hateful or just don't get it.

FYI the majority of servicemen & women find it highly disrespectful. Many people have spoke out against it from many races.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpMAyx0FhNY

Good riddance.

Yes I am free to tell him to stop (He doesn't have to) & question anything I would like to question. You give the same typical liberal answers. You are free to do what you want as long as we agree with it & if you question it your _______! Fill in the blank with whatever attack word fits ie foolish, racist, hateful or just don't get it.

FYI the majority of servicemen & women find it highly disrespectful. Many people have spoke out against it from many races.

Tomi Lauren is the absolute worst. Never ever use her and her beliefs in an argument. She's originally from Rapid and I know numerous people from all across the political spectrum who went to high school with her. None of them have nothing good to say about her. She's an awful human being.

• Fire 4

I'm not sure what you're saying with the bold. Are you claiming that this is what "liberals" do? Are you claiming that you're "liberal?" Because this is exactly what you're doing.

FYI the majority of servicemen & women find it highly disrespectful.

Prove it.

Many people have spoke out against it from many races.

Many people have spoken out in favor of Kaepernick & the Husker trio, from many races and political ideologies. So?

This is straight out of Trump's mouth. "A lot of people are saying __________" as if that means anything. A lot of people say this. A lot of people say the opposite. This isn't proof of anything.

• Fire 2

I'm not sure what you're saying with the bold. Are you claiming that this is what "liberals" do? Are you claiming that you're "liberal?" Because this is exactly what you're doing.

Actually this is what you have done in many threads not just this one. I have said many times he has the right to take a knee, but I also have the right to disagree with it. Something you have said we don't have the right to question or have said is foolish for us to question.

FYI the majority of servicemen & women find it highly disrespectful.

Prove it.

I don't need to, Prove me wrong.

Many people have spoke out against it from many races.

Many people have spoken out in favor of Kaepernick & the Husker trio, from many races and political ideologies. So?

This is straight out of Trump's mouth. "A lot of people are saying __________" as if that means anything. A lot of people say this. A lot of people say the opposite. This isn't proof of anything.

I have a family full of Veterans, I also have a family full of active duty members. My family is a giant melting pot of all races. There is very little we all agree on but this is one area we all agree. I've got a better idea for all the athletes and people who feel oppressed. DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. Taking a knee at football game or starting crap on fire while you protest is not getting the message out. Its making your point mute & making you look bad while doing it. If you want change you have to start with yourself. Stop calling each other racially charged words. You don't see white people walking around saying "Whats up Cracker or Honkey" Look at the Asian culture & see how they are flourishing. They were oppressed severely by this Country. Do you ever hear them complain about how they are owed anything? They have used their family structure to pull themselves up. Kaepernick couldn't even take his butt into vote for change & for those saying both choices were terrible. He could have wrote in a name. You can write in anyone you want. Sure that person may not win but at least you went out and put effort into the change you were looking for. Thats the great part to this Country. Change is there if your willing to work for it.

• Fire 3

I have a family full of Veterans, I also have a family full of active duty members. My family is a giant melting pot of all races. There is very little we all agree on but this is one area we all agree. I've got a better idea for all the athletes and people who feel oppressed. DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. Taking a knee at football game or starting crap on fire while you protest is not getting the message out. Its making your point mute & making you look bad while doing it. If you want change you have to start with yourself. Stop calling each other racially charged words. You don't see white people walking around saying "Whats up Cracker or Honkey" Look at the Asian culture & see how they are flourishing. They were oppressed severely by this Country. Do you ever hear them complain about how they are owed anything? They have used their family structure to pull themselves up. Kaepernick couldn't even take his butt into vote for change & for those saying both choices were terrible. He could have wrote in a name. You can write in anyone you want. Sure that person may not win but at least you went out and put effort into the change you were looking for. Thats the great part to this Country. Change is there if your willing to work for it.

You are free to do what you want as long as we agree with it & if you question it your _______! Fill in the blank with whatever attack word fits ie foolish, racist, hateful or just don't get it.

The irony.

• Fire 2

Good riddance.

Tomi Lauren is the absolute worst. Never ever use her and her beliefs in an argument. She's originally from Rapid and I know numerous people from all across the political spectrum who went to high school with her. None of them have nothing good to say about her. She's an awful human being.

What do people going to high school with her have anything to do with this? People change over time, sometimes it takes a while. I do not know her at all but its kind of not fair to judge somebody by what he/she did in high school. Also if she is awful what sources do you have to prove she is awful?

Bo Pelini was the coolest dude I went to high school with.

-cm husker

:sarcasm

Back to the topic:

Although I do not like Rose Ivey kneeling for the anthem, it is his right to do so. I will not judge his performance on the field with this in mind or think less of him because he did this.

• Fire 1

Good riddance.

Swing and a miss.

• Fire 1

Good riddance.

What do people going to high school with her have anything to do with this? People change over time, sometimes it takes a while. I do not know her at all but its kind of not fair to judge somebody by what he/she did in high school. Also if she is awful what sources do you have to prove she is awful?

Bo Pelini was the coolest dude I went to high school with.

-cm husker

:sarcasm

Back to the topic:

Although I do not like Rose Ivey kneeling for the anthem, it is his right to do so. I will not judge his performance on the field with this in mind or think less of him because he did this.

To the bolded, I agree with the first part but I will judge his performance on the field, not bc I disagree with him doing it but bc I feel it's a distraction.