While Rose Ivey was being worked on on the sidelines he clapped for members of the military being honored according to tweets floating around.

In other words, get over it. He has a right to protest, he's intelligent and came to a decision he believes deeply in and can back up

He does have that right to protest, just like everyone has the right to call him out on it if they don't like the way he is protesting. Sorry but his right to protest doesn't trump anyone's right of free speech.
Wise men and fools have the right to free speech. Both should not be respected equally.
I agree. His foolish disrespect of our national anthem is his right on his own time. But he should never had been allowed to embarrass and offend the university and state while wearing a Nebraska uniform.

Good riddance.

except the University wasn't embarrassed or offended, they supported him. Looks like you are the one offended.
What does the left say, if one person is offended by what he did it IS offensive.

Many were offended by the blatant disrespect he showed.

Many weren't, including many servicemen & women, who publicly offered Rose-Ivey support.

He is free to protest. You are free to be angered by it. You are NOT free to tell him to stop protesting. What you should be doing, instead of blaming "millennials" is showing him/them the error of their ways by modeling the better behavior you expect from him.

Yes I am free to tell him to stop (He doesn't have to) & question anything I would like to question. You give the same typical liberal answers. You are free to do what you want as long as we agree with it & if you question it your _______! Fill in the blank with whatever attack word fits ie foolish, racist, hateful or just don't get it.

FYI the majority of servicemen & women find it highly disrespectful. Many people have spoke out against it from many races.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpMAyx0FhNY

Tomi Lauren is the absolute worst. Never ever use her and her beliefs in an argument. She's originally from Rapid and I know numerous people from all across the political spectrum who went to high school with her. None of them have nothing good to say about her. She's an awful human being.

What do people going to high school with her have anything to do with this? People change over time, sometimes it takes a while. I do not know her at all but its kind of not fair to judge somebody by what he/she did in high school. Also if she is awful what sources do you have to prove she is awful?

Bo Pelini was the coolest dude I went to high school with.

-cm husker

:sarcasm

Back to the topic:

Although I do not like Rose Ivey kneeling for the anthem, it is his right to do so. I will not judge his performance on the field with this in mind or think less of him because he did this.

To the bolded, I agree with the first part but I will judge his performance on the field, not bc I disagree with him doing it but bc I feel it's a distraction.

That makes sense when you put it that way. I think MRI played worse during the year after kneeling. Was it just me or do others feel the same way, he may have been a little banged up but I don't recall him blowing up people like I thought he would. If he finished plays at OSU, he would have played really well that game. I am not trying to say this was why he played terrible, but rather for whatever reason, he played worse after the N'western game.

That makes sense when you put it that way. I think MRI played worse during the year after kneeling. Was it just me or do others feel the same way, he may have been a little banged up but I don't recall him blowing up people like I thought he would. If he finished plays at OSU, he would have played really well that game. I am not trying to say this was why he played terrible, but rather for whatever reason, he played worse after the N'western game.

It does seem that way. I didn't look up his tackling stats. But it seems like MRI's production dropped off at about that time. Maybe coincidence? I dunno. IIRC, He did have a couple nice tackles in the Iowa game. But he had a couple whiffs too. :dunno:

I have a family full of Veterans, I also have a family full of active duty members. My family is a giant melting pot of all races. There is very little we all agree on but this is one area we all agree. I've got a better idea for all the athletes and people who feel oppressed. DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. Taking a knee at football game or starting crap on fire while you protest is not getting the message out. Its making your point mute & making you look bad while doing it. If you want change you have to start with yourself. Stop calling each other racially charged words. You don't see white people walking around saying "Whats up Cracker or Honkey" Look at the Asian culture & see how they are flourishing. They were oppressed severely by this Country. Do you ever hear them complain about how they are owed anything? They have used their family structure to pull themselves up. Kaepernick couldn't even take his butt into vote for change & for those saying both choices were terrible. He could have wrote in a name. You can write in anyone you want. Sure that person may not win but at least you went out and put effort into the change you were looking for. Thats the great part to this Country. Change is there if your willing to work for it.

You are free to do what you want as long as we agree with it & if you question it your _______! Fill in the blank with whatever attack word fits ie foolish, racist, hateful or just don't get it.

The irony.

The Irony of what. That when push comes to shove most of the people debating this won't due a damn thing to make change for themselves. Don't get this twisted. I don't disagree with the point MRI is trying to make, its how he is doing it. If he wanted to take 10 min of every interview & shed light on the issues that bother him. I would have no problem. I would support that. If he wanted to run out of the gate with his fist up, less people would be judging him on it.

I'm glad I live in a Country where he has the right to protest. I'm also glad I have the right to question it.

• Fire 1

While Rose Ivey was being worked on on the sidelines he clapped for members of the military being honored according to tweets floating around.

In other words, get over it. He has a right to protest, he's intelligent and came to a decision he believes deeply in and can back up

He does have that right to protest, just like everyone has the right to call him out on it if they don't like the way he is protesting. Sorry but his right to protest doesn't trump anyone's right of free speech.
Wise men and fools have the right to free speech. Both should not be respected equally.
I agree. His foolish disrespect of our national anthem is his right on his own time. But he should never had been allowed to embarrass and offend the university and state while wearing a Nebraska uniform.

Good riddance.

except the University wasn't embarrassed or offended, they supported him. Looks like you are the one offended.

What does the left say, if one person is offended by what he did it IS offensive.

Many weren't, including many servicemen & women, who publicly offered Rose-Ivey support.

He is free to protest. You are free to be angered by it. You are NOT free to tell him to stop protesting. What you should be doing, instead of blaming "millennials" is showing him/them the error of their ways by modeling the better behavior you expect from him.

Here is your problem. Maybe sometime you will figure it out.

Good riddance.

OK, fine, you're hung up on ONE WORD.

You are NOT free to tell him to stop protesting.

You are NOT free to make him stop protesting.

You are free to do what you want as long as we agree with it & if you question it your _______! Fill in the blank with whatever attack word fits ie foolish, racist, hateful or just don't get it.

The irony.

The Irony of what. That when push comes to shove most of the people debating this won't due a damn thing to make change for themselves. Don't get this twisted. I don't disagree with the point MRI is trying to make, its how he is doing it. If he wanted to take 10 min of every interview & shed light on the issues that bother him. I would have no problem. I would support that. If he wanted to run out of the gate with his fist up, less people would be judging him on it.

I'm glad I live in a Country where he has the right to protest. I'm also glad I have the right to question it.

I don't know semaphore or Morse Code, so I can't spell it out any differently. I speak a little French, Spanish, Russian & Italian - would a quick explanation in any of those languages help?

If "liberals" are bad because they have a problem with people who don't do what the "liberals" want them to do, what does that make you? Liberal?

The irony.

I don't know semaphore or Morse Code, so I can't spell it out any differently. I speak a little French, Spanish, Russian & Italian - would a quick explanation in any of those languages help?

If "liberals" are bad because they have a problem with people who don't do what the "liberals" want them to do, what does that make you? Liberal?

Have I ever said he is not free to protest? No, I have not. Sorry you got all butt hurt that some else called out his crappy play and tied it to him taking a knee. Guess maybe you should focus on reading comprehension.

• Fire 1

Good riddance.

OK, fine, you're hung up on ONE WORD.

You are NOT free to tell him to stop protesting.

You are NOT free to make him stop protesting.

Never once have I said I could make him stop. That is his choice. Same as everyone is free to question it. His freedom does not trump mine or anyone else's. Even if you don't agree. That is the point that you are not willing to accept. This will be my last post in this thread. I will let you have the last word.

• Fire 1

Please don't use Asian people as a prop to put down the injustices lived through by other minorities in this country.

Next time will you add in a Occupy Democrats article. It would be the same trash as this. Also I didn't use one to put down another. I showed you how one went about fixing their situation.

It's scary the degree to which people will simply attack the source regardless of what the source actually is.

First, Asian people did not "fix" their situation. They've just faced different, and better situations as the years have gone by. Theirs is not a history of slavery, Jim Crow, and Civil Rights backlash. Not facing stereotypes of the same degree goes a long way. And the relatively modern era of high skilled immigration goes a long way in reinforcing kinder stereotypes.

Second, "flourishing" is a relative term. If you've never heard vocal Asian-Americans about discrimination and race issues they do face, then you haven't been listening.

Using this comfortable, mythical "model minority" example to discredit the tactics of others, and to suggest that their lack of advancement owes to their complaining and "family structure", is exactly what you did.

Please don't use Asian people as a prop to put down the injustices lived through by other minorities in this country.

Next time will you add in a Occupy Democrats article. It would be the same trash as this. Also I didn't use one to put down another. I showed you how one went about fixing their situation.

Here's a paper by Nathanial Hilger, Upward Mobility and Discrimination: The Case of Asian Americans, that explains what zoogs is saying. It isn't even from some scary source like the Washington Post.

Same info, just a more palatable source. Read and learn.

• Fire 2