While Rose Ivey was being worked on on the sidelines he clapped for members of the military being honored according to tweets floating around.

In other words, get over it. He has a right to protest, he's intelligent and came to a decision he believes deeply in and can back up

He does have that right to protest, just like everyone has the right to call him out on it if they don't like the way he is protesting. Sorry but his right to protest doesn't trump anyone's right of free speech.

While Rose Ivey was being worked on on the sidelines he clapped for members of the military being honored according to tweets floating around.

In other words, get over it. He has a right to protest, he's intelligent and came to a decision he believes deeply in and can back up

He does have that right to protest, just like everyone has the right to call him out on it if they don't like the way he is protesting. Sorry but his right to protest doesn't trump anyone's right of free speech.

Wise men and fools have the right to free speech. Both should not be respected equally.

• Fire 2

Wise men and fools have the right to free speech. Both should not be respected equally.
I agree. His foolish disrespect of our national anthem is his right on his own time. But he should never had been allowed to embarrass and offend the university and state while wearing a Nebraska uniform.

Good riddance.

I agree. His foolish disrespect of our national anthem is his right on his own time. But he should never had been allowed to embarrass and offend the university and state while wearing a Nebraska uniform.

Good riddance.

except the University wasn't embarrassed or offended, they supported him. Looks like you are the one offended.
  • Fire 1

Good riddance.

except the University wasn't embarrassed or offended, they supported him. Looks like you are the one offended.

Can we say good riddance to cornstar?

• Fire 2

Good riddance.

I second this. His foolish disrespect of a thoughtful, gracious, committed player and representative of our university should never be allowed to embarrass and offend the school and state and messageboard.

• Fire 2

Good riddance.

Do you need football stadiums to be a safe space?

im actually pretty excited to see what comes out of his meeting with the governor. As much as I disagreed with the platform he used, it was his right. I know it's been debated up and down. Since it's become an irrelevant thing. But what I really appreciated was how he came out like a grown ass man on monday with his statement and was very mature in explaining the issue to him and why he did what he did. it was different than kaepernick who at this point is straight up trolling. The piggy socks. The castro sh#t. kaepernicks as doosh. Rose-Ivey is a very mature and well-thought man beyond his age that i can listen to.

But, as this issue kinda disappeared as the year went on, you'll never convince me that behind closed doors this whole deal was asked to be squashed for the remainder of the season for the sake of the team. Whether it was coaches, players, or Michael himself being man enough to see (this wouldnt surprise me at all) how this might distract the team too much, and for teh sake of the team to put it aside. Remember, he had a deal set with the Gov, then decided to push it back to after the season.

Good riddance.

What does the left say, if one person is offended by what he did it IS offensive.

Many were offended by the blatant disrespect he showed.

Good riddance.

Do you need football stadiums to be a safe space?

Nope. I'm not a millennial that needs to cry about losing an election. It's called respect and time and place while acting as a representative of the state and university.

• Fire 1

Good riddance.

I second this. His foolish disrespect of a thoughtful, gracious, committed player and representative of our university should never be allowed to embarrass and offend the school and state and messageboard.

I'm not a representative of any of the three. Very poor troll attempt.