Big Ten Announces 2017 Friday Night Primetime Schedule

Saunders

It's about exposure. Not much different than when we would play Mizzou or KSU on a Thursday night. I'm not gonna get worked up over this.

Exposure to who????

Recruits are playing their own games.

If you are playing on Thursday or Friday night, what is your competition on TV? This really isn't going to hurt us as badly as some seem to have conjured up, if at all. Seriously, it's one game every few seasons.

• Fire 1

Yes. One night isn't going to hurt our recruiting irreparably.

But, Once it starts, how many will we be doing 5 years from now.

Why do you think Michigan and ohio state aren't on the list?

Again, to whom are we gaining exposure?

If we are the only game on that night, we aren't competing for viewership with 5 other big games on at the same time. And you understand that and have a response already loaded up, so please fire away.

• Fire 2

Yes. One night isn't going to hurt our recruiting irreparably.

But, Once it starts, how many will we be doing 5 years from now.

Why do you think Michigan and ohio state aren't on the list?

Again, to whom are we gaining exposure?

Exactly.

Sometimes B10 feels like it caters to Michigan and OSU.

Like they are the only programs alive.

I hope we crush them in the coming years.

Husker fans are going to watch when ever it is.....unless you are at a highschool football game playing, coaching or watching your kid, grandkids or nephews play.

When talking about exposure, I usually hear that being discussed as exposure to recruits and coaches. This doesn't do that.

So, my question remains. Who are we trying to reach hers that Michigan and osu feel they don't need?

Husker fans are going to watch when ever it is.....unless you are at a highschool football game playing, coaching or watching your kid, grandkids or nephews play.

When talking about exposure, I usually hear that being discussed as exposure to recruits and coaches. This doesn't do that.

So, my question remains. Who are we trying to reach hers that Michigan and osu feel they don't need?

We are trying to reach people who AREN'T fans of Nebraska or the opponent, that's the point.

Yes, Friday will hinder recruits a tiny smidge. I doubt we lose any over this.

And yeah, tOSU and UM get special treatment. They are the Big Ten staple, just like OU and NU were in the Big 8 and got special treatment. Once we start becoming a force to be reckoned with maybe we can get some of that love too.

We are trying to reach people who AREN'T fans of Nebraska or the opponent, that's the point.

Yes, Friday will hinder recruits a tiny smidge. I doubt we lose any over this.

And yeah, tOSU and UM get special treatment. They are the Big Ten staple, just like OU and NU were in the Big 8 and got special treatment. Once we start becoming a force to be reckoned with maybe we can get some of that love too.

Special treatment? Northwestern got out of both their Friday night games.

Friday night games for a P5 conference is silly. I think, just like the CFP semifinals being played on New Year's Eve, this will flop and get fazed out.

And if we complained enough we could probably get out of it too. But it's barely any different than playing on a Thursday night. A potential recruit that is considering us is not going to dump us because they missed us playing at Illinois.

And yes, NYE playoff games are stupid.

And if we complained enough we could probably get out of it too. But it's barely any different than playing on a Thursday night. A potential recruit that is considering us is not going to dump us because they missed us playing at Illinois.

The difference is that high school games are played on Friday night. It's not that a recruit will dump us, it's that we get less exposure for recruiting. And it makes it harder for fans to attend the game. It's stuff like this that's geared for TV that leads to less fans in the stands.

The difference is that high school games are played on Friday night. It's not that a recruit will dump us, it's that we get less exposure for recruiting. And it makes it harder for fans to attend the game. It's stuff like this that's geared for TV that leads to less fans in the stands.

It's 1 game every few seasons....

And this will not hurt our attendance. Illinois, maybe.

It's 1 game every few seasons....

And this will not hurt our attendance. Illinois, maybe.

We'll see. If you're cool with it, great. I think it's a lousy idea.

And if we complained enough we could probably get out of it too. But it's barely any different than playing on a Thursday night. A potential recruit that is considering us is not going to dump us because they missed us playing at Illinois.And yes, NYE playoff games are stupid.

It's 1 game every few seasons.... And this will not hurt our attendance. Illinois, maybe.
We'll see. If you're cool with it, great. I think it's a lousy idea.

I would prefer to go back to playing on a Thursday every once in a while over Friday.

• Fire 1

It's a good thing Nebraska has 11 other games that recruits can come to...

There are only 6 or 7 home games each year that recruits can visit for before losing one of them to a Friday game.
good thing the Illinois game is on the road