Trump's cabinet

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

This makes no sense.

What I'm guessing this has to do with is all government contracts typically have pay scales that are required for contractors.  It's basically a union sort of thing where say a plumber is required to pay union level wages.

Those wages are always possibly under scrutiny from the government to make sure you are actually paying those wages.  Here's an example.

I lost a large project on a military base in Missouri.  Right in the specs for the job, it said what the minimum wages for all workers should be.  Everyone knows it when bidding the job so it's just worked into the cost.  (one of the reasons why government contacts are so expensive).

Anyway, I lost the job when I thought I was being really really competitive.  Later, I find out the general contractor on the project was out of Utah.  The subcontractor who beat me on my portion of the contract was from Salt Lake City.  I thought that was fishy...but...what ever.

About 6 months later I find out the sub contractor got in a HUGE amount of trouble because it was found out that he wasn't paying wages commensurate to what the contract required.  There are huge fines for this along with paying back wages. ....plus losing the project.   Basically, he went in and lowballed the contract to get it knowing he was going to make up for it by not paying workers what was required.  Unfortunately, by that time the project was so screwed up I didn't want anything to do with it.

This is what appears this is talking about.  But....it's strange because this is usually used to find out if you are not paying your workers enough.  This situation almost makes it sound like they don't want the government auditing this contract to see if they are getting paid TOO much.

This is my interpretation of it as well. Wow, stinks you lost that job to some dirt ball. Bummer deal when some skeeze gets rewarded at the expense of someone who is honest.

I'm not one to be all up in arms and demand investigations, but I certainly don't like this Zinke guy over at the Dept of Interior and it will be interesting to see if this story has any legs.

2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

So, is it correct to say that the Puerto Rican government agreed and signed the contract with the requirement that FEMA had to approve of it to get FEMA funds?

It's not clear at this point who signed for what, or at least that's how I'm reading the story so far.

On 10/30/2017 at 2:30 PM, knapplc said:

Calls for Sarah Huckabee Sanders to step down (she won't) because she's a liar. 

Her smooth talking skills came from her Dad.  She has a unique ability to evade the truth and dance around subjects, and defend the indefensible.  Many years of political upbringing.

• Plus1 3