Trump's cabinet

15 minutes ago, Clifford Franklin said:

Did Jared Kushner directly lead to the Saudi royal crackdown & power grab? If this reporting is accurate, Kushner ratted on other Saudis to the guy who did the power grab during which at least one guy was tortured to death.

This is embarrassingly bad reporting for Kushner. 

Wow....If that is true, did Jared break laws by doing this?

I have no doubt that Trump knew he was going there to do this and probably sent him there himself.

There has been a pretty good media blitz with MBS in the US building him up as some sort of liberating royal ruler that is bringing SA into the 21st century.

Now, I fully support that if that's the case.  But.....let's just say I don't trust this whole thing.

Edited by BigRedBuster
  • Plus1 1
3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Wow....If that is true, did Jared break laws by doing this?

I have no doubt that Trump knew he was going there to do this and probably sent him there himself.

There has been a pretty good media blitz with MBS in the US building him up as some sort of liberating royal ruler that is bringing SA into the 21st century.

Now, I fully support that if that's the case.  But.....let's just say I don't trust this whole thing.

By now we really know that Trump and his ilk are a bunch of hollow husks who never really cared about protecting sensitive info in the first place. And we've clearly seen there are no consequences when the rich and powerful do things wrong.

But I have to wonder if it was a bit of pre-emptive political strategery on the part of the crown prince. What he did in purging others and assuming the role of crown prince under the guise of fighting corruption is conspicuously good for his own interests as well.

I wonder if you're seeing a lot of those progressive reforms in Saudi to try to engender goodwill and get public opinion on his side. And obviously if he can try to schmooze Kushner and equate it with U.S. support for himself as ruler, that carries a ton of weight internationally.

I too am suspicious when someone claims altruistic motives and fighting for some greater good when doing something that also tremendously benefits themselves personally.

• Plus1 1

McMaster out. John Bolton it is for DNA.

Do some reading on Bolton here. Then go peruse fallout bunker prices. This guy was a chief architect of the war in Iraq (more proof Trump only cared about that war as a talking point to get votes) and one of the most hawkish neocons in the U.S. No doubt Trump picked him because he liked his bits on Fox News.

I'd wager we're going to be going to war (or at the very least launching a lot more strikes) very shortly. 

But hey, if you like W Bush foreign policy, this is the guy for you!

• Plus1 1

The nut job appoints a greater nut job to DNA as noted above^^. 

https://www.vox.com/world/2018/3/22/17153338/john-bolton-national-security-adviser-trump-hr-mcmaster

Bolton has said the United States should declare war on both North Korea and Iran. He was credibly accused of manipulating US intelligence on weapons of mass destruction prior to the Iraq war and of abusive treatment of his subordinates. He once “joked” about knocking 10 stories off the UN building in New York. That means his new appointment to be the most important national security official in the White House has significant — and frightening — implications for Trump’s approach to the world.

My response: :ahhhhhhhh   Nothing like war to get Trump sex scandals and Russia off of the front page.

• Plus1 1

More on Bolton

https://www.axios.com/john-bolton-bombshell-the-clashes-to-come-6375778f-aabd-4a71-9020-2bdd07454102.html

Sources close to President Trump say he feels John Bolton, hurriedly named last night to replace H.R. McMaster as national security adviser, will finally deliver the foreign policy the president wants — particularly on Iran and North Korea.

Why it matters: We can’t overstate how dramatic a change it is for Trump to replace H.R. McMaster with Bolton, who was U.S. ambassador to the U.N. under President George W. Bush.

What we're hearing:

• Bolton was not White House chief of staff John Kelly’s candidate for the job. Kelly had nothing to do with his appointment, according to a source close to Bolton. Nor was he Defense Secretary James Mattis’ choice. 
  • A source close to Bolton: “He only owes his job to one man and one man only ... And that man is Donald J. Trump.” 
  • It’s not just that Bolton is more hawkish on Iran and North Korea — though of course he is. It’s that Bolton knows his way around the bureaucracy and won’t take anybody’s crap. He won’t show deference to Mattis or the generals, say sources who know him well.
  • Allies of McMaster have long complained that John Kelly, Mattis and outgoing Secretary of State Rex Tillerson considered him a junior partner and treated him like garbage.
  • A source close to McMaster told me: "One of the downsides of what happened is I only wish Tillerson was around to experience this. The two of them that wanted him out most —Mattis and Tillerson — I only wish they were both around to endure the pain of National Security Adviser Bolton. They hated him [McMaster] but they're going to like this a lot less." 
  • Until now, Mattis and Tillerson have been trying to restrain what they consider some of the president’s more dangerous instincts, and have been on the opposite side of major issues, including moving the U.S embassy to Jerusalem and trying to persuade Trump not to tear up the Iran nuclear deal.
  • Sources who know Bolton expect he will stare down Mattis, tell him when he’s wrong, and will be a Henry Kissinger-type presence in the room. Now that Tillerson is gone, he could fundamentally tip the balance of power on Trump’s national security team, senior officials expect. 

Our expectations:

• In May — the next deadline for action —  Trump will likely follow through on his instincts and effectively terminate the Iran deal, bringing back heavy sanctions on Tehran.
  • The proposed summit with Kim Jong-Un — already an uncertain proposition — appears even more shaky. Bolton has an uncompromising attitude towards North Korea, and believes the only language Kim understands is the threat of military force. 

•  

Reading this article, makes me think that the president is an emotional midget - not capable of having anyone but yes men and flatterers around him.

https://www.axios.com/white-house-keep-lose-job-thrive-keys-rules-92fcd2ee-367b-4f1e-84f8-2e2b6c306239.html

The real mystery: How does anyone survive in the wild West Wing? Based on countless conversations that we have had with aides past and present, here’s how.

1. Flatter and defend the boss.

• Even better if you do it on TV. Stephen Miller is the master of this genre. He rarely appears on TV. But when he does, he deploys Trumpian hyperbole. When the media and courts were undercutting Trump’s initial botched travel ban, Miller told CBS that the powers of the president to protect the country “will not be questioned.”
  • More recently, Miller told CNN: “The president is a political genius.”
  • Kellyanne Conway is another master of this genre, and she gets extra points from Trump for appearing on combative shows like Brian Stelter’s "Reliable Sources" on CNN.
  • Cautionary note: Too much media exposure — especially when the aide becomes the story — can be deadly. The Mooch went from Air Force One to unemployed in 11 days.

2. Work on esoteric topics.

• “I guess there’s also the approach of not getting close enough to him that he knows who you are or you become a perceived threat to someone else,” one White House official said when we asked how to survive in this administration.
  • Out of Trump’s sight and out of Trump’s mind is the safest place to be in his administration. Energy Secretary Rick Perry deliberately took a low-key, low-media approach when he arrived in Trump’s Washington. The result: Trump doesn’t see him as a headache the way he does some of the other cabinet secretaries who are constantly in the news for the wrong reasons.
  • Chris Liddell led an office that West Wingers privately mock as ineffectual — Jared Kushner’s Office of American Innovation. And yet Chief of Staff John Kelly recently promoted Liddell to the potentially powerful role of deputy chief of staff for policy coordination. Liddell is a quiet, serious man, who has made few, if any, enemies in the building.

3. Bash trade and China — and believe it.

• First, the globalists tried to get rid of trade adviser Peter Navarro. Then they sidelined him — hoping they could leave him with his arcane anti-China charts in the bureaucratic Siberia of the Eisenhower Executive Office Building.
  • Even Navarro’s friends thought he was cooked when he was forced, under Kelly’s regime, to endure the humiliation of copying Gary Cohn on all his emails. But Navarro survived and is now ascendant.
  • Why? Because Trump likes to hear from somebody who agrees with him, especially on the issue on which he has the most hardwired beliefs.
  • When the topic of trade would come up in an Oval Office discussion, if Navarro wasn’t in the room, Trump would ask: “Where’s Peter?” Now, Trump is exorcising his tariff demons and Navarro has outlasted Cohn.

4. Be family — either literally (like Ivanka) or figuratively (like Hope Hicks).

5. Look and play the part.

• Trump treats his top jobs like a casting agent would. Defense Secretary Jim Mattis, a four-star Marine general, looks to Trump like someone who should be running the Pentagon.
  • Indeed, he loves to say that people are “straight out of Central Casting” — and he means it as a compliment.

•