Trump's cabinet

Surrounding himself with the best people...

Trump national security pick Monica Crowley plagiarized multiple sources in 2012 book

Conservative author and television personality Monica Crowley, whom Donald Trump has tapped for a top national security communications role, plagiarized large sections of her 2012 book, a CNN KFile review has found.

The review of Crowleys June 2012 book, "What The (Bleep) Just Happened," found upwards of 50 examples of plagiarism from numerous sources, including the copying with minor changes of news articles, other columnists, think tanks, and Wikipedia. The New York Times bestseller, published by the HarperCollins imprint Broadside Books, contains no notes or bibliography.

Trump Just Dismissed the People in Charge of Maintaining our Nuclear Arsenal

TL;DR: Most appointed positions resign at noon on Inauguration day but essential positions (like the people who maintain our nukes) typically stay on until their replacements are found to provide a smooth transition. No appointed heads of the NNSA (National Nuclear Security Administration) means no one is there to advocate for them when we draw up a budget.

I don't understand why he'd do this besides petty vindictiveness. I guess he'd rather purge Obama employees than have a functioning nuclear program. This is an example of his management style leading him down a bad road.

TL;DR: Most appointed positions resign at noon on Inauguration day but essential positions (like the people who maintain our nukes) typically stay on until their replacements are found to provide a smooth transition. No appointed heads of the NNSA (National Nuclear Security Administration) means no one is there to advocate for them when we draw up a budget.

I don't understand why he'd do this besides petty vindictiveness. I guess he'd rather purge Obama employees than have a functioning nuclear program. This is an example of his management style leading him down a bad road.

He also put out a memo (Friday or over the weekend I think) that all ambassadors need to be cleared out of their respective embassy's before inauguration. The argument is that whatever person in #2 in an embassy is very qualified to cover anything that comes up.

Guess he'll learn real fast how sh$t can fall apart when he gets his own people in there, with all their "governing" and "political" experience (cough, cough)

• Fire 2

He also put out a memo (Friday or over the weekend I think) that all ambassadors need to be cleared out of their respective embassy's before inauguration. The argument is that whatever person in #2 in an embassy is very qualified to cover anything that comes up.

Guess he'll learn real fast how sh$t can fall apart when he gets his own people in there, with all their "governing" and "political" experience (cough, cough)

To be fair the #2's you are referring to are deputy ambassadors; who are typically career foreign service members with much more experience than the politically appointed ambassadors have. They'll probably be ok.

Still a dick move. Typically allowances are made for them to remain longer for family issues such as kids attending school...

I am sitting here realizing how much I hate him. And the only thing I can compare it to is how I felt about Switzer in the 70-80's and Spurrier in the 90's. I'd argue there are many similarities between them all.

Nah...don't focus on the hatred. I know it's easy to say and hard to do...but it's for the best.

Instead, protect those that can't protect themselves in society--children of illegal immigrants that were born here, refugees, minorities, and LGBT folks will need decent, hardworking folks to stand up for them during the next four years.

Also, strive to educate the ignorant, misguided souls who put him in office in the first place--especially the ones that use 'Killary' all the time, or think that anarchy and disruption are great things for a country. Trump's election and the surrounding issues go beyond a political issue now--they're a national security issue, and people need to understand that the real world isn't a reality show nor that the scope and importance of the Presidency can't be condensed down to 140 characters or less. Educating and calling these people out on their BS and showing them that truth =/= liberal bias is what we need to do whenever and wherever possible. Hopefully, at some point, they'll grow up and realize the err of their ways and see the bigger picture if they're called out enough...

...unless they're fundamentalist Christians--then move on, as the cognitive dissonance gymnastics they had to do to vote for Trump in the first place has likely given them permanent brain damage.

• Fire 2

Good advice Vector, and much better in tone than my post.

Typically I'm more positive and optimistic, this tool just has me in the dumps. But, I am committed to standing up for what's right, being vocal and trying to stay on the educated and rational side of an argument. It just makes me sad that we have to carry this load for 4 years. I expect it from Trump, I'm very disheartened and upset with the current GOP. Them folding and vacillating in order to not get a twitter rebuke is horrifying to watch. I know many of them are supposedly good people - but they're showing zero competence right now.

Dr.-Who.gif

Fru - can you give this obviously uncool person (aka me) some reference point or background on this?

edit: I think it's a Doctor Who episode, but I haven't gotten into that series yet.

I only know that it's from Doctor Who.

However it seems to sum up most of my feelings regarding this incoming administration.

• Fire 1

Good advice Vector, and much better in tone than my post.

Typically I'm more positive and optimistic, this tool just has me in the dumps. But, I am committed to standing up for what's right, being vocal and trying to stay on the educated and rational side of an argument. It just makes me sad that we have to carry this load for 4 years. I expect it from Trump, I'm very disheartened and upset with the current GOP. Them folding and vacillating in order to not get a twitter rebuke is horrifying to watch. I know many of them are supposedly good people - but they're showing zero competence right now.

If they're folding and vacillating in order to not get a Twitter rebuke...then I would question if they're good people to begin with.

For example, we at least have John McCain standing up for what is right re: Russian hacking/influence/fake news and our national security. I don't agree with him all of the time, but he's pretty moderate in a state and party that is anything but anymore.

It's just too bad he didn't get a better VP pick, or I would have voted for him. Could you imagine Palin's special brand of crazy running around the White House and worrying if McCain was going to keel over during his term(s)?