Trump's cabinet

I think that it illustrates he never REALLY cared about the email thing. Nor do Republican elected officials, because they're probably all guilty of using personal email accounts as well. The average American may care about it, though I'd argue the email thing was largely overblown by the media and those with vested interests in doing so.

Trump the the other GOP Congress members only cared about Emailgate insofar as they could wield it as a weapon against their opposition. Any illusion that they are for protecting the Constitution, standing up for what is morally correct, some paragon of virtue, etc. etc. should be tossed out.

Seriously....how can he be impressed with this guy while at the same time ridiculing Hillary for her email server.

#poorjudgement

I heard from some people that he was most impressed with the story about how he was banging his writer. Didn't even talk about what he accomplished as a general.

I think that it illustrates he never REALLY cared about the email thing. Nor do Republican elected officials, because they're probably all guilty of using personal email accounts as well. The average American may care about it, though I'd argue the email thing was largely overblown by the media and those with vested interests in doing so.

Trump the the other GOP Congress members only cared about Emailgate insofar as they could wield it as a weapon against their opposition. Any illusion that they are for protecting the Constitution, standing up for what is morally correct, some paragon of virtue, etc. etc. should be tossed out.

The "email thing" is another example of the cover up was bigger than the original offense. The fact she lied about doing it.....then lied about the extent she used it.....then lied about not having secret information on it....then deleted emails....all became a much bigger story than if she would have just said..."Yep, I did".

It was way too simple for Republicans then to build on that when most of the US doesn't trust the woman anyway.

• Fire 2

The "email thing" is another example of the cover up was bigger than the original offense. The fact she lied about doing it.....then lied about the extent she used it.....then lied about not having secret information on it....then deleted emails....all became a much bigger story than if she would have just said..."Yep, I did".

It was way too simple for Republicans then to build on that when most of the US doesn't trust the woman anyway.

There's truth to the bold, but there's also the reality that no matter what she did, they'd have blown it sky-high. She could have stolen a paperclip and they've formed Congressional subcommittees to investigate.

• Fire 2

There's truth to the bold, but there's also the reality that no matter what she did, they'd have blown it sky-high. She could have stolen a paperclip and they've formed Congressional subcommittees to investigate.

Oh...I'm not saying anything different than what you just posted.

I'm just pointing out she made it so blatantly easy for them.

• Fire 1

Oh...I'm not saying anything different than what you just posted.

I'm just pointing out she made it so blatantly easy for them.

Yes, you'd think the political Bill had had sunk into Hilary - maybe she thought they were untouchable.

Look for Mitt to be named SOS any day now He's sucking up to Trump better then our Kirby vacuum does to our carpet.

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/fraud-phony-Mitt-Romney-Donald-Trump/2016/11/29/id/761272/

partial quote from the article

Romney also said he has been "impressed" with Trump's transition effort.

"The people he's selected as members of his cabinet are solid, effective capable people," he said. "Some of them I know very well," ticking off the selection of South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley, Rep. Tom Price and Sen. Jeff Sessions, and calling them "impressive individuals."

"America's best days are ahead of us," he said. "I think you're going to see America continuing to lead the world in this century. And what I've seen through these discussions I've had with President-elect Trump, as well as what we've seen in his speech on the night of his victory, as well as the people he's selected as part of his transition – all of those things combined give me increasing hope that President-elect Trump is the very man who can lead us to that better future."

I swing with my feelings on this - sometimes I feel like Mitt is a loser who has no balls because he went crawling back on his knees after being so steadfast in standing up against Trumps candidacy, and then I feel like, well heck - maybe it's the first step toward getting someone with some education, experience and balls into an important role in this administration.

• Fire 1

This isn't a team of allies Trump is assembling. It seems like an unwilling coalition, a shotgun wedding of disparate ideas/ideologies.

How functional will this group be? How loyal to Trump and his goals will they be? It's going to be fascinating to watch this all unfold.

Not allies in the sense that they were with him throughout the campaign ala Rudy & Newt, but I don't think he's picked anyone that is unwilling, or to be quite honest anyone that has beliefs other than his (or will challenge him).

This isn't a team of allies Trump is assembling. It seems like an unwilling coalition, a shotgun wedding of disparate ideas/ideologies.

How functional will this group be? How loyal to Trump and his goals will they be? It's going to be fascinating to watch this all unfold.

We've got to remember that Trump seems to value infighting. Whether because he thinks the cream will rise to the top or he just finds it entertaining I have no idea. But based on how they ran his campaign and from what I've read of his business operation, it's something you're going to see going forward.

Most of his picks are likely to give liberals the heebie jeebies. There are a few that aren't so awful IMO.

I disagree, though. The Ricketts all loved Trump from what I understand... after he had the nomination wrapped up at least. Well, outside the female Ricketts, who interestingly enough is a Democrat.

I still can't see any of his appointments seriously challenging him. It's likely going to be the same situation as the campaign where everyone is afraid to criticize him for fear of setting him off.

I swing with my feelings on this - sometimes I feel like Mitt is a loser who has no balls because he went crawling back on his knees after being so steadfast in standing up against Trumps candidacy, and then I feel like, well heck - maybe it's the first step toward getting someone with some education, experience and balls into an important role in this administration.

If we can get the Mitt that pulled together the Olympics and worked wt Dems in Mass, then I'm ok wt him. And I agree wt the bold. I think he also brings a better image, personality to the table to present to foreign leaders than the image that Trump provides.