Trump's cabinet

The Alt Right movement is very concerning to me as a conservative.

OK...let's assume Trump just tapped into that to get elected and won't govern in a way that made these people happy he was elected. (their reaction is going to be very interesting if that happens.)

My biggest concern was that these people feel empowered. This could start affecting local and other national elections. Are we going to see candidates that tap into this start showing up more in congress similar to seeing Tea Party people showing up in congress? State legislatures?

If this happens, the true conservative ideas in politics in America can be set WAY back even farther. We will be dealing with these pathetic and disgusting issues instead of working towards smaller and more efficient government, creating a good system for industry to thrive (which builds jobs) and reasonable regulation that accomplishes the end goal but doesn't unreasonably hamper industry.

I'm sick and tired of racism, sexism and all the other isms blocking our ability to actually discuss and improve our country.

• Fire 3

Drumpf's Cabinet...

* Racist

* Neo-nazi

* White supremacist

* Anti-LBGTQIAP

* Pseudo-Christian

Racist, nazi whites: "White people are being diminished in America!"

Me: How?

Whites are the over-whelming majority in:

* Television

* Movies

* Local media

* Newspapers

* Radio stations

* Congress (including both the House and Senate)

Reality: Whites control 99% of America.

neo-nazi, white-supremacist, morons: We're so diminished and ostracized in America!

Me: <_<

Seems to me the "rules" pertaining to this board are rather capricious and arbitrary.

100% dependent upon whether there is an "admin" or "mod" which likes you.

That's why it's good to behave in such a way as to generate good-will and get them to like you. Duh.

Apparently Ben Carson is your new Sec of HUD...

I don't mind Carson personally. He seems like a nice guy, even though he's a complete nutter with some of his beliefs (pyramids = grain silos), and I got a serious chuckle when news broke about him meeting with Ted Cruz IN A BROOM CLOSET to discuss their differences in the primaries (i.e., that Ted lied about Carson dropping out to win Iowa). It saddens me to have seen him sell out to support a man of such pathetic moral character of Trump, but that's more my personal feelings.

Can anyone explain to me exactly how Carson is qualified to head our federal housing and urban development programs? He openly admitted he didn't want the Sec of HHS despite a long, distinguished career in healthcare.

Horrible choice IMO. When Trump said "What do you have to lose?" to inner city voters-- apparently he wanted to find out.

Seems to me the "rules" pertaining to this board are rather capricious and arbitrary.

100% dependent upon whether there is an "admin" or "mod" which likes you.

I'm guessing none of them like you.

And?

You're still here. If it was put up to a popular vote that probably wouldn't be the case.

So maybe you're wrong about the admins.

The funny thing about you complaining about it here of all places is zoogs is the most liberal admin on the board and probably agrees (to a less cray cray extent) with you on a lot of things.

I don't mind Carson personally. He seems like a nice guy, even though he's a complete nutter with some of his beliefs (pyramids = grain silos), and I got a serious chuckle when news broke about him meeting with Ted Cruz IN A BROOM CLOSET to discuss their differences in the primaries (i.e., that Ted lied about Carson dropping out to win Iowa). It saddens me to have seen him sell out to support a man of such pathetic moral character of Trump, but that's more my personal feelings.

Can anyone explain to me exactly how Carson is qualified to head our federal housing and urban development programs? He openly admitted he didn't want the Sec of HHS despite a long, distinguished career in healthcare.

Horrible choice IMO. When Trump said "What do you have to lose?" to inner city voters-- apparently he wanted to find out.

I agree with you on Carson as a person. He is also obviously a brilliant man when it comes to medical issues.

So....if you are going to reward his loyalty somehow, why wouldn't you stick him at Surgeon General? You know.....since he actually is a Surgeon???

Good guy (got a chance to talk to him when he was in Tulsa - soft spoken and polite in person) but again, not sure if he has the mgmt. skills to take on the big HUD role. I think he'd be better as an advisor to the president esp in the area of health. Or possibly VA. Which is also a large dept in wt a big mess but at least it is medical/hospital related - something he has all of the experience. Or as BRB says - surgeon general.