Trump's America

zoogs

I think it was important for her to be at the speech. Too many times, the widows/widowers of these hero's are forgotten. She showed the world the face of what so many have dealt with since the invasion of Iraq.

It was painful to witness. But beautiful at the same time. I didn't even hear the words Trump said at that point. I cared about how that woman was dealing with her loss.

+1 StPaul:

Your comment above is pure and real. It's a shame that many others within the thread are looking for their angles to beat down Trump rather than the issue of this woman accepting an invitation to honor her fallen husband.

She was not there for Trump, and no matter what his intentions were, who gives a F**K!

Her husbands name and story was shared with millions of viewers/on lookers. It was Heartfelt and real.

Many of you are so blinded by your hate for Trump, that you are showing your selves, to be no better!

Time to grow up and get off the keyboard, and possibly even get a job earning an income, so you can be taxed and help defray the cost of the free birth control, that many of you feel our government owes you!

I think it was important for her to be at the speech. Too many times, the widows/widowers of these hero's are forgotten. She showed the world the face of what so many have dealt with since the invasion of Iraq.

It was painful to witness. But beautiful at the same time. I didn't even hear the words Trump said at that point. I cared about how that woman was dealing with her loss.

I don't have a problem with her being there. I don't have a problem with Trump making a big deal about her. That's what President's do at these things.

What leaves me banging my head against the wall are hypocrites who then talk about.....OMG...he is so Presidential...bla bla bla....all while this is the same person who ridiculed a couple who had lost THEIR son in combat. AND..the same person who has claimed a guy who got caught and spent years as a POW and refused to be released because of who his father was. THEN....people have the gall to actually try to politicize the actions of the other side by making up crap on twitter claiming they didn't stand and applaud during the moment.

No....her being there was not the story that makes me want to puke. It's the reaction to the moment that is sickening.

Good post. Especially the bolded.

+1 StPaul:

Your comment above is pure and real. It's a shame that many others within the thread are looking for their angles to beat down Trump rather than the issue of this woman accepting an invitation to honor her fallen husband.

She was not there for Trump, and no matter what his intentions were, who gives a F**K!

Her husbands name and story was shared with millions of viewers/on lookers. It was Heartfelt and real.

Many of you are so blinded by your hate for Trump, that you are showing your selves, to be no better!

Time to grow up and get off the keyboard, and possibly even get a job earning an income, so you can be taxed and help defray the cost of the free birth control, that many of you feel our government owes you!

I find allegations like this no less unpalatable than referring to people as "snowflakes."

• Fire 7

I think it was important for her to be at the speech. Too many times, the widows/widowers of these hero's are forgotten. She showed the world the face of what so many have dealt with since the invasion of Iraq. It was painful to witness. But beautiful at the same time. I didn't even hear the words Trump said at that point. I cared about how that woman was dealing with her loss.

+1 StPaul:Your comment above is pure and real. It's a shame that many others within the thread are looking for their angles to beat down Trump rather than the issue of this woman accepting an invitation to honor her fallen husband.She was not there for Trump, and no matter what his intentions were, who gives a F**K!Her husbands name and story was shared with millions of viewers/on lookers. It was Heartfelt and real.Many of you are so blinded by your hate for Trump, that you are showing your selves, to be no better!Time to grow up and get off the keyboard, and possibly even get a job earning an income, so you can be taxed and help defray the cost of the free birth control, that many of you feel our government owes you!
I find allegations like this no less unpalatable than referring to people as "snowflakes."
What a surprise Knapp!

Let's see how many +1s you get for your perspective. (Not that there could be a slanted view here).

Unfortunately, I do not believe +1s has any currency value!

• Fire 1

+1 StPaul:

It's a shame that our Commander in Chief is tweeting about his daughter during intel meetings. It's a shame that Trump can speak so horribly about veterans like McCain and Khan and people like you overlook it.

I think caring about his intentions would be a good thing.

Seems that plenty of you are blinded by Trump and his dumb red hat that you can't see his gross incompetence and how he is an utterly abhorrent person.

What does birth control have to do with any of this?

• Fire 5

I think it was important for her to be at the speech. Too many times, the widows/widowers of these hero's are forgotten. She showed the world the face of what so many have dealt with since the invasion of Iraq. It was painful to witness. But beautiful at the same time. I didn't even hear the words Trump said at that point. I cared about how that woman was dealing with her loss.

+1 StPaul:Your comment above is pure and real. It's a shame that many others within the thread are looking for their angles to beat down Trump rather than the issue of this woman accepting an invitation to honor her fallen husband.She was not there for Trump, and no matter what his intentions were, who gives a F**K!Her husbands name and story was shared with millions of viewers/on lookers. It was Heartfelt and real.Many of you are so blinded by your hate for Trump, that you are showing your selves, to be no better!Time to grow up and get off the keyboard, and possibly even get a job earning an income, so you can be taxed and help defray the cost of the free birth control, that many of you feel our government owes you!

What a surprise Knapp!

Let's see how many +1s you get for your perspective.

Naaaa....it's the fact your post is pretty dang hypocritical unless you were as upset when he ridiculed the couple for losing their son or attacking a war hero that gave up one hell of a lot more than he ever has for this country.

The guy has no credibility in this situation. Great....he recognized a woman who lost her husband at war. Not one person doesn't feel sorry for her and appreciates the sacrifices her and her family have given to the country.

It would be nice if we had a President who had the same respect for others who have sacrificed in the same way.

• Fire 3

Each +1 is worth five Schrute Bucks.

Well, not even the price of coffee is with your reach then after 9 years of posting. I would try to renegotiate your contract!

What a surprise Knapp!

Naaaa....it's the fact your post is pretty dang hypocritical unless you were as upset when he ridiculed the couple for losing their son or attacking a war hero that gave up one hell of a lot more than he ever has for this country.

The guy has no credibility in this situation. Great....he recognized a woman who lost her husband at war. Not one person doesn't feel sorry for her and appreciates the sacrifices her and her family have given to the country.

It would be nice if we had a President who had the same respect for others who have sacrificed in the same way.

BRB, not dismissing any other fallen soldier or their spouses. Not giving two sh*ts about Trumps motivation. He is what he is, but the fact remains, the story of his use of this venue is over shadowing her hurt. <-- That is what pisses me off. And people here and everywhere are not seeing they are doing injustice to this woman by putting her appearance and anguish secondary to their quest of slamming Trump.
  • Fire 1

What a surprise Knapp!

BRB, not dismissing any other fallen soldier or their spouses. Not giving two sh*ts about Trumps motivation. He is what he is, but the fact remains, the story of his use of this venue is over shadowing her hurt. <-- That is what pisses me off. And people here and everywhere are not seeing they are doing injustice to this woman by putting her appearance and anguish secondary to their quest of slamming Trump.

I'm really confused about this post.

I haven't seen anyone on this board who has disrespected her or minimized her sacrifices. Everyone feels very sorry for her.

On the other hand....Trump's motivation is EVERYTHING about this. In his little world, it's OK to ridicule a couple who has lost their son...but....when he can gain political power with it....it all of a sudden becomes the most Presidential thing he has ever done.

Like I have said....my issue is with people's reaction to the moment...not the moment itself.

• Fire 5

+1 StPaul:

It's a shame that our Commander in Chief is tweeting about his daughter during intel meetings. It's a shame that Trump can speak so horribly about veterans like McCain and Khan and people like you overlook it.

Seems that plenty of you are blinded by Trump and his dumb red hat that you can't see his gross incompetence and how he is an utterly abhorrent person.

Who the hell said I did not care about his lack of respect for other service personnel. FIND IT! Find where I have ever stated such.

Blinded? No way in hell am I blind to any politician and their honesty or lack therof, but I prefer to do what I can to make things better than to sit around and type out how dissapointed I am in the world, whlie being the first in line to receive any benefits awarded by our government.

The birth control comment, well, its worth protesting over, and damn it, the government owes it to those who are the pokers or pokee's because, its a burden for society to be self sufficient.

• Fire 1

+1 StPaul:

Who the hell said I did not care about his lack of respect for other service personnel. FIND IT! Find where I have ever stated such.

Blinded? No way in hell am I blind to any politician and their honesty or lack therof, but I prefer to do what I can to make things better than to sit around and type out how dissapointed I am in the world, whlie being the first in line to receive any benefits awarded by our government.

The birth control comment, well, its worth protesting over, and damn it, the government owes it to those who are the pokers or pokee's because, its a burden for society to be self sufficient.

Who are you talking about here?

• Fire 2

What a surprise Knapp!

I'm really confused about this post.

I haven't seen anyone on this board who has disrespected her or minimized her sacrifices. Everyone feels very sorry for her.

On the other hand....Trump's motivation is EVERYTHING about this. In his little world, it's OK to ridicule a couple who has lost their son...but....when he can gain political power with it....it all of a sudden becomes the most Presidential thing he has ever done.

Like I have said....my issue is with people's reaction to the moment...not the moment itself.

And I was not calling you out BRB.

My point is fairly simple. The press and the public are making the political statement more important that her pain and suffering. They are spewing all the negativity about why Trump did this, how he did this and what his intent was, vs. how this hit the heart of all Americans who have lost someone who has served.

The impetus of this event has been to beat down Trump and less about honoring her and her sacrifice.

I don't give a crap about DT or what he was trying to do here, I do care how this woman feels and how she now must be second guessing why she showed up, because I am sure, while she was proud and sad at the same time last night, she is seeing the BS that is being stated on how she was being used, for political gain. <-- Do you think this has any value to her or was within her thoughts when she agreed to appear? F No, yet today, thats all we are hearing about and it is coming from those who have complained since DT took office. Is it possible their thoughts are valid and DT did use this family, maybe, but like I said, her loss is now secondary to the complaining. Go figure.