Trump's America

zoogs

I'm still trying to figure out who on this board is doing this????

......than to sit around and type out how dissapointed I am in the world, whlie being the first in line to receive any benefits awarded by our government.

Does he not see the irony in that he is also sitting around, typing on a message board and complaining?

There is no irony here. Check the last time I posted here prior at to today!

My time here is has limits and most assuredly will be less or non-existent. The constant negativity is not within my daily goals!

Interesting....I've never seen anyone obsess over +1s before.

And...for the record, I'm not in the military so he isn't my boss. We are all HIS bosses. I respect the office of the President of the US. There is nothing that requires me to respect the person who is in that office especially when that person has zero respect for other people unless he is personally benefiting from them.

LMAO; I don't care about +1s, but its totally funny seeing the clic in action. They used to call this brown nosing but in today world, I have no idea what they call it. Everyone see's it, they just don't bring it up, but they see it.

Starlings-Getty-1.jpg

The same ones who +1 the popular posters are the first ones in line to defend. The exceptions might only be Landlord and JJ, BRI and a few others. Count used to be in that exception too, but he had enough, and I really do not blame him, although his exodus was a little more colorfully worded that I would have chosen to use.

• Fire 2

I'm still trying to figure out who on this board is doing this????

......than to sit around and type out how dissapointed I am in the world, whlie being the first in line to receive any benefits awarded by our government.

Does he not see the irony in that he is also sitting around, typing on a message board and complaining?

There is no irony here. Check the last time I posted here prior at to today!

My time here is has limits and most assuredly will be less or non-existent. The constant negativity is not within my daily goals!

If you see something in the world that we can discuss that is uplifting and positive...by all means....bring it to the board.

• Fire 1

And...for the record, I'm not in the military so he isn't my boss. We are all HIS bosses. I respect the office of the President of the US. There is nothing that requires me to respect the person who is in that office especially when that person has zero respect for other people unless he is personally benefiting from them.

LMAO; I don't care about +1s, but its totally funny seeing the clic in action. They used to call this brown nosing but in today world, I have no idea what they call it. Everyone see's it, they just don't bring it up, but they see it.

[imghttps://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/95/Red-billed_quelea_flocking_at_waterhole.jpg/300px-Red-billed_quelea_flocking_at_waterhole.jpg[/img]

The same ones who +1 the popular posters are the first ones in line to defend. The exceptions might only be Landlord and JJ. Count used to be in that exception too, but he had enough, and I really do not blame him, although his exodus was a little more colorfully worded that I would have chosen to use.

You con't care about +1s but yet you have commented (I think) 3 times about them and spent the time to type out three lines of them in a post.

• Fire 1

[imghttps://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/95/Red-billed_quelea_flocking_at_waterhole.jpg/300px-Red-billed_quelea_flocking_at_waterhole.jpg[/img]

The same ones who +1 the popular posters are the first ones in line to defend. The exceptions might only be Landlord and JJ. Count used to be in that exception too, but he had enough, and I really do not blame him, although his exodus was a little more colorfully worded that I would have chosen to use.

You con't care about +1s but yet you have commented (I think) 3 times about them and spent the time to type out three lines of them in a post.
BRB, don't lose your independence and start to argue, for the sake of arguing. This is just dumb and resonates of how the group think has chased off good posters.
  • Fire 1

BRB, don't lose your independence and start to argue, for the sake of arguing. This is just dumb and resonates of how the group think has chased off good posters.

Well....my point is with most of my posts in the last hour in this thread is to point out to you that you came in here with your guns blazing throwing out accusations towards posters on this board. That is something that is always going to be confronted on this board and a reason why I like it over others.

Now, very seldom are minority views on this board attacked personally. That doesn't mean they aren't challenged. Almost all of the people who are regulars on this board welcome people with differing views because that's what makes the discussions more interesting.

However, when you come in and all of a sudden accuse us all of being people without lives and are first in line for every free handout from the government.....well.....that's going to be challenged. Now...if that doesn't sit well with you...then, that's a problem you have...not the rest of us.

• Fire 5

"Group think" is a common complaint from people around here.

Funny thing about that. BRB and I haven't agreed on much in the P&R forum for years and years. Different political views, different views on religion, different views on most everything. But we both recognize that Trump is a dangerous and very bad thing for America.

And suddenly we're part of groupthink? That doesn't make any sense.

• Fire 6

"Group think" is a common complaint from people around here.

Funny thing about that. BRB and I haven't agreed on much in the P&R forum for years and years. Different political views, different views on religion, different views on most everything. But we both recognize that Trump is a dangerous and very bad thing for America.

And suddenly we're part of groupthink? That doesn't make any sense.

Living in central Nebraska and believing Trump is a disgusting human and is very possibly a horrible disaster of a President and then someone claims I participate in group think.......is actually pretty funny.

• Fire 2

Since we are on the topic of the widow being there or not, I think regardless of party affiliation if you are invited to the White House by the President, you should go.

Very few things are once in a lifetime opportunity. I don't like Trump. But if I got that call, I would be on the first plane out.

• Fire 1

Since we are on the topic of the widow being there or not, I think regardless of party affiliation if you are invited to the White House by the President, you should go.

Very few things are once in a lifetime opportunity. I don't like Trump. But if I got that call, I would be on the first plane out.

Really???

Don't get me wrong....I would be tempted and probably would go. I would especially go if it were simply to visit the white house and meet him.

But, shouldn't someone who is invited to something like this where they are going to be put in the public eye to support ideas of a certain President/politician view that visit much differently?

Would you go to the signing of an EO to stand behind the President if you really really don't agree with that EO?

• Fire 1

Really???

Don't get me wrong....I would be tempted and probably would go. I would especially go if it were simply to visit the white house and meet him.

But, shouldn't someone who is invited to something like this where they are going to be put in the public eye to support ideas of a certain President/politician view that visit much differently?

Would you go to the signing of an EO to stand behind the President if you really really don't agree with that EO?

I wouldn't be invited if I didn't support the EO. That's not how it works.

And yes, really. I would go to a speech, meeting, dinner, etc. No question.

• Fire 1

Really???

I wouldn't be invited if I didn't support the EO. That's not how it works.

And yes, really. I would go to a speech, meeting, dinner, etc. No question.

Typically I would be right there with you. However, this President is making me realize there can be situations where I might decline.

Now...if any President wants me to come and sit down and discuss an issue and get my opinion?? I'm there no matter what.

• Fire 1

It's kind of hard for me to take claims of groupthink on Huskerboard seriously. Knapp, an unashamed atheist, has bought me beers more than once, being (at the time) a zealous evangelical Christian. GM Tood, who has no problem going against the grain and supporting Trump, and I have hung out outside two different B1G stadiums. Coach Power T, who often gets frustrated by what he perceives to be liberal elitism, and by me on a high horse, was one of a few who saw me off before I moved from Lincoln to Atlanta. I let Count 'Bility park his trailer at my place in Lincoln for the spring game one year. NUance, who I personally think has some super crazy views/experiences regarding the Holy Spirit has met my mom at a tailgate before, and I've met his wife. They're great people. I just think he's a weirdo :)

There's been plenty of other in person, or online, interactions between many of us regulars who disagree on a lot. And 99% of those interactions have been positive, pleasant and enjoyable, while also leaving room for the discussion. Very rarely have there been bad interactions, other than that time that Army Husker did some really weird sh#t and Bye Bye Big XII spilled about 18 jack and coke's all over all of our shoes.

• Fire 6