Trump's America

zoogs

A pile of flea-ridden elephant diarrhea would be preferrable as President at this point but all elephants are either behind bars or non-American so their leavings wouldn't be able to provide the proper birth certificate.

You think this diatribe is helping?

Did this hurt Trump or his follower's feelings?

• Fire 1

This is the madness & misinformation that passes for "news" on the right. This is exactly why this country is so screwed up, and why there's more than a passing chance that Trump could get elected to a 2nd term:

“Barack Obama is to blame”: 13 Alabama conservatives on Charlottesville

DECATUR, Alabama — Several Alabama voters blame President Barack Obama for the white supremacist violence in Charlottesville this weekend because, they say, he sowed division in American politics.

Attendees at a rally for Rep. Mo Brooks, a conservative House Republican running for Senate, in Decatur on Monday said they were confident that philanthropist George Soros was bankrolling both sides of this weekend's violent clashes.

And on conservative Alabama talk radio, Black Lives Matter activists quickly emerged as a top culprit in the bloodshed. Callers, citing Facebook posts, claimed that BLM protesters had thrown bricks at the car before it hit and killed Heather Heyer.

“There’s a lot of wrong on both sides, and unfortunately all the liberal media talks about is the wrong on one side,” said Tom Cowles, 61, a retired engineer from a wealthy section of northeast Alabama.

On Tuesday, I talked to a few dozen people at three campaign events for three conservative Senate candidates about Charlottesville. I also listened for three hours to 101.1 FM YellowHammerNews, a conservative talk radio station in Alabama. While nearly all decried the acts of violence and said they rejected white hate groups, the Alabama conservatives also blamed the mainstream media for ignoring the violence of the left, argued that the KKK was originally an organization of the left, and complained about Black Lives Matter.

You read some of this and you're like...

ICpdOqG.gif

Thanks for posting this Knapp, I was going to post something similar based on listening myself. You found a good resource that documents it better than what I would have. My thought - after purposely deciding to listen to talk radio yesterday (I've turned it off for some time but occasionally will see what the reaction is) I came to this conclusion. There are too many on the far conservative right that have lost their moral compass. I heard discussion on the radio of giving moral equivalence to these hate groups and BLM. Also equivalence between Trump's reaction to Obama's reaction to violence that surrounded protests by BLM (or Obama calling saying the Hartford police 'acted stupidly, or judging Fergeson cops, etc - we've heard it all before but it was all rehashed on talk radio yesterday - like someone had sent out a memo). There is no moral equivalence period. One group is espousing hate and the other is reacting to discriminating actions (real and perceived) against them as a group. Blaming Obama was a common thread I heard also - that he set the tone - that his reaction to injustice has caused this rebounding reaction by the alt-right. I also heard several references to the Dems and the KKK (Robert Byrd in particular) - as though this excuses these new hate groups. This is the height of hypocrisy - as these same people were calling out Obama just a few years ago and now overlook and excuse the worse reaction on the alt-right. The pendulum has swung way to far in this discussion. Time for responsible people on the right to stand up and say enough of this and call it out for what it is - hate. A true leader will find ways to reconcile and not divide. There are great grievances in the African American community that need to be addressed. If conservatives ever want to lead, they need to embrace these grievances and seek to meet everyone where their need is and by doing so, they will push these hate groups out to the far fringes. Give no room to these Nazis. We have to realize that the right is not all Nazis and the left is not all communists. The vast majority of people either left or right are good people and we cannot surrender doing what is right and be pressured by these fringe groups into camps of hate.

• Fire 1

Looking at those two pictures side by side......just drives home even more how much the people in the bottom picture disgust me.

It's very possible that some of the young men in the top picture died at some point after that moment fighting against the ideals the pieces of trash in the bottom picture espouse.

• Fire 3

This is the madness & misinformation that passes for "news" on the right. This is exactly why this country is so screwed up, and why there's more than a passing chance that Trump could get elected to a 2nd term:

DECATUR, Alabama — Several Alabama voters blame President Barack Obama for the white supremacist violence in Charlottesville this weekend because, they say, he sowed division in American politics.

Attendees at a rally for Rep. Mo Brooks, a conservative House Republican running for Senate, in Decatur on Monday said they were confident that philanthropist George Soros was bankrolling both sides of this weekend's violent clashes.

And on conservative Alabama talk radio, Black Lives Matter activists quickly emerged as a top culprit in the bloodshed. Callers, citing Facebook posts, claimed that BLM protesters had thrown bricks at the car before it hit and killed Heather Heyer.

“There’s a lot of wrong on both sides, and unfortunately all the liberal media talks about is the wrong on one side,” said Tom Cowles, 61, a retired engineer from a wealthy section of northeast Alabama.

On Tuesday, I talked to a few dozen people at three campaign events for three conservative Senate candidates about Charlottesville. I also listened for three hours to 101.1 FM YellowHammerNews, a conservative talk radio station in Alabama. While nearly all decried the acts of violence and said they rejected white hate groups, the Alabama conservatives also blamed the mainstream media for ignoring the violence of the left, argued that the KKK was originally an organization of the left, and complained about Black Lives Matter.

ICpdOqG.gif

If you wonder how this kind of crap reaches a wider audience...

ICpdOqG.gif

If you wonder how this kind of crap reaches a wider audience...

Dude - that made me literally sick to my stomach when I saw what you posted. I am soooooo glad I don't watch Fox any longer. Again - why in the world do they have to bring up that old trash - who are they trying to protect? The Nazis - I hope not, Trump's bad response - most likely. When you are hook, line and sinker in Trump's back pocket - there is no objectivity left and you become the propaganda arm of the administration.

Looking at those two pictures side by side......just drives home even more how much the people in the bottom picture disgust me.

It's very possible that some of the young men in the top picture died at some point after that moment fighting against the ideals the pieces of trash in the bottom picture espouse.

My thoughts as well. The "Greatest Generation" didn't fight WW 2 only to see these groups spread their hate here. However, here is another thought - The Greatest Generation did fight WW 2 so free speech would still exist in the USA and else where - where a FRINGE group can march in discussing protest while the rest of us ARE NOT forced to bow before the same Nazi flag.

• Fire 1

A pile of flea-ridden elephant diarrhea would be preferrable as President at this point but all elephants are either behind bars or non-American so their leavings wouldn't be able to provide the proper birth certificate.

You think this diatribe is helping?

If people calling a spade a spade stops the right things from happening, the country is already doomed.

I had no intention of helping anything with the statement other than it felt right to me, but there's no way it should hurt anything.

• Fire 4

Dude - that made me literally sick to my stomach when I saw what you posted. I am soooooo glad I don't watch Fox any longer. Again - why in the world do they have to bring up that old trash - who are they trying to protect? The Nazis - I hope not, Trump's bad response - most likely. When you are hook, line and sinker in Trump's back pocket - there is no objectivity left and you become the propaganda arm of the administration.

It's becoming clear that whenever Trump does something bad that is newsworthy, they will completely ignore it and instead present an alternative narrative in which it is either A) liberals fault directly or B) they're doing something just as bad or worse and that's the real news.

In this instance, they're just muddying the waters and trying to create a false equivalence. "See, Obama and the Democrats did the same thing! No one is talking about Sharia law, which is the real problem!"

They do this a lot, and it's just a convenient way of preventing their viewers from having to face reality.

It's too bad, because there is most definitely a place for a responsible, honest conservative news source in today's world. But as for cable news, Fox isn't that.

• Fire 2