Trump's America

zoogs

Wow....how powerful.....and heart breaking.

His son is in pictures from the demonstrations in Virginia.

Father's letter to son.

“My name is Pearce Tefft, and I am writing to all, with regards to my youngest son, Peter Tefft, an avowed white nationalist who has been featured in a number of local news stories over the last several months.

“On Friday night, my son traveled to Charlottesville, Va., and was interviewed by a national news outlet while marching with reported white nationalists, who allegedly went on to kill a person.

“I, along with all of his siblings and his entire family, wish to loudly repudiate my son’s vile, hateful and racist rhetoric and actions. We do not know specifically where he learned these beliefs. He did not learn them at home.

“I have shared my home and hearth with friends and acquaintances of every race, gender and creed. I have taught all of my children that all men and women are created equal. That we must love each other all the same.

“Evidently Peter has chosen to unlearn these lessons, much to my and his family’s heartbreak and distress. We have been silent up until now, but now we see that this was a mistake. It was the silence of good people that allowed the Nazis to flourish the first time around, and it is the silence of good people that is allowing them to flourish now.

“Peter Tefft, my son, is not welcome at our family gatherings any longer. I pray my prodigal son will renounce his hateful beliefs and return home. Then and only then will I lay out the feast.

“His hateful opinions are bringing hateful rhetoric to his siblings, cousins, nieces and nephews as well as his parents. Why must we be guilty by association? Again, none of his beliefs were learned at home. We do not, never have, and never will, accept his twisted worldview.

“He once joked, ‘The thing about us fascists is, it’s not that we don’t believe in freedom of speech. You can say whatever you want. We’ll just throw you in an oven.’

“Peter, you will have to shovel our bodies into the oven, too. Please son, renounce the hate, accept and love all.”

Gotta love the hat.

petetefft.jpg?w=860

• Fire 3

#4 says he's out.

And unless I missed them, the only one he called and slammed for leaving was the black man.

And Trump is a jerk to say the least. I hope repubs on recess are getting an ear full. Time to get this guy out of office. He doesn't have the metal, moral or temperamental character to be leading this country.

Rush today was blaming the media - it is the media that is leading everyone astray here. He is also saying that the left has all of these events planned. Nothing spontaneous - the same people at Fergeson, Baltimore, Oakland, etc all being funded by George Sorus.

Again pointing fingers 'over there' instead of to the real issue.

It is starting to really bug me here - why cannot conservatives stand hand and hand with their liberal friends to combat injustice, intolerance. Why is it just the Dems or the left that appear to have this moral high ground. I know that isn't the case as I know so many conservatives, in both the public and private arenas, who are personally involved in doing the good work that needs to be done. It is just that it seems like we conservatives have to keep a stiff upper lip and honor status quo just because. I'm not sure what it is. But the response I see from so many people who confess to speak for the conservative movement is greatly lacking and disheartening to say the least.

I don't have to believe the same thing on abortion, gay marriage or any other social issue as my liberal friends - but that shouldn't keep me from standing hand and hand with them for the rights of all who may be of a different opinion than I and especially standing for the weak one among us. I can still be tolerant and accepting of people. But it seems like we let political dogma get in the way of caring for our fellow sojourner in life. Dude and Zoogs and I for example may not agree on certain points but I'd be glad to sit down and have a beer with them any day (actually I'm more of a wine guy if you don't mind but the principle is the same :P - comic relief helps a bit). If they were anywhere near Tulsa I'd jump in the car to meet them and anyone else on HB - we don't have to agree on political doctrine to be respectful, tolerant, and accepting - (however, we don't have to be accepting of evil - those who live a doctrine of hate like the alt-right ). Trump, who I don't claim as a conservative nor believe he ever was one, is setting a piss poor example for the nation and the world. But if his heart is more alt-right leaning then we know why his response was so poor.

• Fire 2

Wow....how powerful.....and heart breaking.

His son is in pictures from the demonstrations in Virginia.

Father's letter to son.

“My name is Pearce Tefft, and I am writing to all, with regards to my youngest son, Peter Tefft, an avowed white nationalist who has been featured in a number of local news stories over the last several months.

“On Friday night, my son traveled to Charlottesville, Va., and was interviewed by a national news outlet while marching with reported white nationalists, who allegedly went on to kill a person.

“I, along with all of his siblings and his entire family, wish to loudly repudiate my son’s vile, hateful and racist rhetoric and actions. We do not know specifically where he learned these beliefs. He did not learn them at home.

“I have shared my home and hearth with friends and acquaintances of every race, gender and creed. I have taught all of my children that all men and women are created equal. That we must love each other all the same.

“Evidently Peter has chosen to unlearn these lessons, much to my and his family’s heartbreak and distress. We have been silent up until now, but now we see that this was a mistake. It was the silence of good people that allowed the Nazis to flourish the first time around, and it is the silence of good people that is allowing them to flourish now.

“Peter Tefft, my son, is not welcome at our family gatherings any longer. I pray my prodigal son will renounce his hateful beliefs and return home. Then and only then will I lay out the feast.

“His hateful opinions are bringing hateful rhetoric to his siblings, cousins, nieces and nephews as well as his parents. Why must we be guilty by association? Again, none of his beliefs were learned at home. We do not, never have, and never will, accept his twisted worldview.

“He once joked, ‘The thing about us fascists is, it’s not that we don’t believe in freedom of speech. You can say whatever you want. We’ll just throw you in an oven.’

“Peter, you will have to shovel our bodies into the oven, too. Please son, renounce the hate, accept and love all.”

Gotta love the hat.

petetefft.jpg?w=860

Sounds like he was raised well. Hopefully one day he will repent of his hate and return.

Trump using Putin's favorite tactic: Whataboutism.

Whataboutism is a propaganda technique formerly used by the Soviet Union in its dealings with the Western world, and subsequently used as a form of propaganda in post-Soviet Russia. When criticisms were leveled at the Soviet Union, the Soviet response would be "What about..." followed by an event in the Western world.

RdA5bQa.png

• Fire 2