Trump's America

zoogs

How's that military discipline working out for John Kelly?

Also, today's press conference is exactly why complaints like these from Jr. and other Trump supporters I've seen popping up are 100% absurd. Is it really too much to ask for a president who condemns hatred, bigotry and racism IMMEDIATELY when he sees it? Instead we get this both sides crap, a 2-3 day wait, then he's spoonfed an actual condemnation written by someone else via a teleprompter that he looks and sounds like he doesn't believe, and he backpedals to initial statement today.

Could it be any more clear he doesn't believe his own words yesterday?

“He once joked, ‘The thing about us fascists is, it’s not that we don’t believe in freedom of speech. You can say whatever you want. We’ll just throw you in an oven.’

“Peter, you will have to shovel our bodies into the oven, too. Please son, renounce the hate, accept and love all.”

What am I reading? And what's the context here?:

“He once joked, ‘The thing about us fascists is, it’s not that we don’t believe in freedom of speech. You can say whatever you want. We’ll just throw you in an oven.’[/size]

“Peter, you will have to shovel our bodies into the oven, too. Please son, renounce the hate, accept and love all.”

What am I reading? And what's the context here?:

That's an excerpt from a father's open letter to his son who was marching with the Nazis in Charlottesville. You can read the whole letter in BRB's post HERE.

• Fire 1

I've been embarrassed, I've been ashamed, I've been disappointed in the actions of trump. This has me downright <censored>. My parents grew up in Germany during WWII, they witnessed countless acts of horror done by them. Witnessing relatives executed in front of them, family members taken away and put in concentration camps. For them to survive that horror escape East Germany, be proud patriots that served in the military, fought in Vietnam, only to have the president defend nazis is sickening. No words can express the anger I have to the words he has said and what he has turned that office into.

• Fire 5

Hey guys, I avoided the Politics & Religion thread since the election because uhm.....well I guess I was getting enough sadness and outrage on Facebook.

But is there anyone here still actively supporting Trump?

Not really, but the excuse for those who probably would is that those of us who do not support Trump "gang up on them" and "attack them."

Some (notably BIGREDIOWAN) have come out and said this is NOT what they thought they were voting for, and that was really cool.

• Fire 4

Hey guys, I avoided the Politics & Religion thread since the election because uhm.....well I guess I was getting enough sadness and outrage on Facebook.

Post a status and ask. I'm sure some still are. I mean... Hillary did send emails after all. Why let a Nazi rally that ended in the death of a young woman interfere with any kind of critical thought?

I'm sure bnil is still firmly behind him, but he hasn't been seen in a while.

Dewiz pops up once in a while as well.

A pile of flea-ridden elephant diarrhea would be preferrable as President at this point but all elephants are either behind bars or non-American so their leavings wouldn't be able to provide the proper birth certificate.

You think this diatribe is helping?

If people calling a spade a spade stops the right things from happening, the country is already doomed.

I had no intention of helping anything with the statement other than it felt right to me, but there's no way it should hurt anything.

All I'm saying is that the two sides are getting pretty far apart and the insults won't bring them any closer. I often disagreed with the previous president but I don't remember ever saying anything similar to what you said. If our civility goes out the window we have already lost. I remember the 60's riots and the coldness of that era. I don't want to go there again.