Trump's America

zoogs

From the first page, a post from November 2016. I'm not trying to put anybody on blast. Just a sobering reminder.

Ha ha! Because we all know that graffiti in a high school bathroom—probably written by a kid who has never voted—is representative of Trump supporters. Why would this be a thing in social media? What does it have to do with anything, other than proving that some high school kids are juvenile idiots? :lol:

This was never a laughing matter. Dismissing and trivializing the phenomenon gives it space to grow, evolve, establish a foothold. I understand if this was never a priority for people, or if it didn't feel urgent. I hope, equally, that we all understand now that such an attitude is a tragic and costly mistake.

• Fire 1
14 hours ago, In the Deed the Glory said:

I am a card carrying Libertarian. I believe in the mantra "leave it alone if it isn't my business". This is my business, and it is unacceptable. I never post in here, it makes me sick to my stomach most of the time because (sorry if I offend you) none of you REALLY listen to the other, you just argue the same party talking points. It is regurgitation that I choose not to listen to.

That all being said, I have a serious question for any of you that frequent this area and support Republican ideas and our President.

How can you actually support this particular direction of your party and, in turn, our country? This is literally the only way Democrats will win an election is with this type of behavior. This last cycle proved that. They come off of a guy with a 60 some percent approval rating and lose to Donald f'ing Trump? What in the absolute hell? For their own survival you would think that GOP leaders would ostracize this man.

But they can't, because both parties have moved so far away from the majority of how Americans think and believe that most moderates don't even vote. They have to "hold their base" and that is why we had two absolutely detestable candidates for our country's highest office.

The majority of Americans are fiscally conservative and socially liberal, but the two major parties can't understand that. I know one that can...41Fp2sJZGQL._SX355_.jpg

If you took Russia and Pussi Grabbing and Nazi Coddling off the table and just considered Donald Trump a successful businessman who could put America back to work, he would still be an abject failure.

The budget proposed by the Trump administration appeared to have been drafted over the weekend by the staffer who drew the short straw. It contained a 2 TRILLION dollar accounting trick that would have earned you an F in freshman econ or a jail term from the SEC.

Huge taxpayer investments that will affect millions -- healthcare, immigration wall, tax reform -- have been subjected to virtually no cost/benefit analysis, and skeptical economists of all stripes have had their warnings ignored. There's virtually no critical analysis of regulations and government programs. They're all bad. Sober conservatives know this simply isn't true: corporate interests and jobs providers understand that the underclass also happen to be their workers and customers. Nobody benefits from this kind of cold-blooded chaos. No CEO would be allowed to behave this way. The Board of Directors would have walked you out of the building.

I'm pretty sure you can maintain a solid conservative ideology and admit you fell for a con man.

• Fire 1

Trump is all but encouraging the kind of racist violence we saw these past few days.... That doesn't make this any less disgraceful.

Why is toppling a statute of a traitor to the US disgraceful? Southern pride?

You know the argument for keeping them up. No need for me to waste my time writing a paragraph on here....

Trump is all but encouraging the kind of racist violence we saw these past few days.... That doesn't make this any less disgraceful.

Why is toppling a statute of a traitor to the US disgraceful? Southern pride?

You know the argument for keeping them up. No need for me to waste my time writing a paragraph on here....

And you know the arguments for removing them.

The majority of Americans are fiscally conservative and socially liberal, but the two major parties can't understand that. I know one that can...

Many Americans can't understand that either, though. If people voted based on what you say is their majority political belief system, then people like Trump wouldn't be elected.

Far too many Americans still operate in this warped reality where what they say or think doesn't matter because they'll vote for the candidate has that R or D next to their name.

"There are very fine people on both sides."

- Donald Trump, speaking about the terror in Charlottesville

Here are some of Trump's "very fine people."

1DD0fOc.jpg

kind of makes all the hitler comparisons people made during the elections seem prophetic. both trump and hitler liked their good nazis