Trump's America

zoogs

This sickens me the more I think about it. I still can't believe that happened. "Shut up and go away, Hillary Clinton -- aww, good ol' Spicey, get in here for a nuzzle."

We talk a lot about the state of politics and entertainment and how we wind up with awful people instead of serious and capable ones. We are the problem. We have been. We continue to be. "Falling upward" is an apropos description of what is happening to (new Harvard fellow!) Sean Spicer right now. It's good to know that when power-players and the complicit establishment lined up to sink one of these Harvard hires recently, it wasn't Spicer they went after.

• Plus1 2

It's nothing short of incredible the amount of @$$-kissing people are suddenly doing at the alter of Spicey simply because Melissa McCarthy did a funny impression of him on SNL. Oh yeah, he hated Dippin' Dots and dressed up as the Easter Bunny once. So quirky.

In reality, the dude got paid obscene amounts of money to stand up in front of the nation, on increasingly rare occasions, and lie to our faces to further the pursuits of the most dishonest POTUS our country has ever seen.

Now he's casually dropping into the Emmys and he's hooked up with the speaking circuit for even more obscene sums of cash?

I guess it's all just a sad reflection of how much we cherish fame and notoriety. A really sad one.

• Plus1 4