Trump's America

zoogs

39 minutes ago, jaws said:

I don't get why the Military has not taken over the situation in Puerto Rico. They should have been there in full force within three days after the storm hit. 

Ok Trump, this isn't Katrina. Thanks for pointing that out. These people are on an Island in the middle of the Caribbean. The only way the individuals in PR will get help are from NGOs and from the federal government. NGOs can only provide so much help and can't provide an overreaching recovery plan. The local government can only do so much.

It is  a lot easier to flee a hurricane from Houston or Miami then it is from San Juan.  Where do you flee to when a hurricane of that magnitude hits - unless you were one of the lucky ones to get on a plane ahead of time.   As Trump gave us that wonderful geography lesson that 'there is a lot of water around PR'  yet he claims his team has done a wonderful job. It is always superlatives when it comes to things he touches and he ready to cut someone down, like the San Juan mayor, who may not agree wt those superlatives.   And so this isn't a catastrophe??  That is right - catastrophe's only happen under other administrations.    Hello Mr Trump you are one big American catastrophe.  Your response is late, inept, inadequate and found wanting. You are not fulfilling your role as leader.    

I agree - the military should have been there in force.  We've had better responses to catastrophes in other nations far away. 

19 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

But..but...but....

Haven't you heard?  Trump is doing a GREAT job.  No problem there.  His people are not the problem.....it's those people who live there....THEY are the problem.  Those lazy SOBs.  Afterall....they have already cost us a TON of money.

I have heard him degrade the people in PR and it isn't needed (now or ever). 

The infrastructure problems in PR before the storm hit were well documented. That is one reason why the federal government should have known this was going to be a mess.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, knapplc said:

Here's the full quote. What a turd of a human being.

It's important to note that Puerto Rico is so shattered that they haven't updated the death toll in six days. 

SIX DAYS!  Not because nobody else has died, but because their infrastructure is gone to the extent that counting the dead isn't remotely near a priority right now. 

When they finally have food, water, electricity and some semblance of safety, then and only then will they begin counting the dead. And it's going to be a hell of a lot more than 15 or 150.  But Trump's supporters won't know about it because Fox News won't cover it. 

I went back and read that quote again.  That first statement of Trump's (as if the 2nd statement wasn't bad enough) has got to go down as the most horrible response to people's suffering I have ever heard of.  It tells me the guy has not one ounce of empathy in his soul - he is wtout a soul.  The 'budget out of wack' statement is all about his image and his agenda. 

Pressure reveals what is inside of the soul - Trump is being revealed for who he is.  Be afraid, be real afraid.  A soulless leader, leads towards disaster.

• Plus1 1