Trump's America

zoogs

So what does Trump have againt PR.?  I haven't heard him say the things he's said about Houston, Florida after their hurricane.

President Donald Trump on Thursday dedicated three tweets to the crisis in Puerto Rico, saying "we cannot keep FEMA, the military" et al "in Puerto Rico forever."

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/donald-trump-tweets-puerto-rico-aid-forever/2017/10/12/id/819206/

3 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

So what does Trump have againt PR.?  I haven't heard him say the things he's said about Houston, Florida after their hurricane.

President Donald Trump on Thursday dedicated three tweets to the crisis in Puerto Rico, saying "we cannot keep FEMA, the military" et al "in Puerto Rico forever."

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/donald-trump-tweets-puerto-rico-aid-forever/2017/10/12/id/819206/

1.  They're not a "real" state

2.  They cant vote for him

3.  They're brown

4.  They're being loud about how inept his "help" has been

5.  They're poor (his perspective)

6.  They're in debt and that's their own fault (his perspective)

7.  They're brown

8.  A female mayor telling the truth is getting more press than him

9.  Texas is a red state

10.  FL is where he owns land

11.  They're brown

• Plus1 1

More on the 25th amendment:

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/article178423211.html

The amendment is back in the spotlight today because of a Vanity Fair article that reports then-adviser Steve Bannon told President Trump that he shouldn't be worried about impeachment.

Rather, Bannon reportedly said, Trump should be worried about the 25th amendment.

To which Trump reportedly responded: “What’s that?”

This is a hell of a conversation. Paraphrased summary: "Aren't you worried about nuclear war?" "Yeah. Trump, man. He's unhinged. We might impeach him." "You think that's imminent?" "No, we want to get this tax bill through and he's going to help with that."

^ Zero awareness about the last, throughout the entire conversation, despite Reich's evident and increasing incredulity.

http://m.msnewsnow.com/story/36585120/obannon-football-players-suspended-from-team-for-taking-a-knee-during-national-anthem

I live in Mississippi now and I plan on calling the school district first thing Monday and voicing my complaints. This has me very angry. It's one thing for an NFL organization to mandate their players to not kneel. I disagree with that but at least the teams cut the players checks, they can have all the rules they want. These kids are in high school. Their first amendment right should be protected in this space more than any other! Yet the administration of this school are discouraging student expression and use of something that should be celebrated. I really can't understand why conservatives of all people go against everything they say they stand for to shoot down this American right! Wait, I actually can think of one reason and that is they don't believe people of color deserve these rights! This is absolutely disgraceful and the more that people argue against free speech and free protest the more I see the very things that make this country great erode away. Again the Republican party is supposed to be strongly pro constitution. If anything these people should be defending these players with every ounce of their being? Yet these people go against their supposed political views to show their true colors. It is disgusting. 

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, Nebfanatic said:

http://m.msnewsnow.com/story/36585120/obannon-football-players-suspended-from-team-for-taking-a-knee-during-national-anthem

I live in Mississippi now and I plan on calling the school district first thing Monday and voicing my complaints. This has me very angry. It's one thing for an NFL organization to mandate their players to not kneel. I disagree with that but at least the teams cut the players checks, they can have all the rules they want. These kids are in high school. Their first amendment right should be protected in this space more than any other! Yet the administration of this school are discouraging student expression and use of something that should be celebrated. I really can't understand why conservatives of all people go against everything they say they stand for to shoot down this American right! Wait, I actually can think of one reason and that is they don't believe people of color deserve these rights! This is absolutely disgraceful and the more that people argue against free speech and free protest the more I see the very things that make this country great erode away. Again the Republican party is supposed to be strongly pro constitution. If anything these people should be defending these players with every ounce of their being? Yet these people go against their supposed political views to show their true colors. It is disgusting. 

I saw a story about a girl who was told by the principle of her school she "had" to stand during the pledge or face suspension. This was in Texas. She refused, was suspended, and is now suing the school. Good for her. From my very basic understanding of law, it's an almost assured win for her.

I can't believe this is the hill the GOP and their base chooses to die on. Anti-PC, free speech... unless it's something the snowflakes don't like. Unreal. Really shows how deeply Trump's nationalist impulses have seeped into the party itself.

• Plus1 2