Trump's America

zoogs

I've seen pictures like this before called "beautiful", and it isn't just Trump.  But I don't understand why?  Why is seeing a woman weep, a baby who will never know her father, and to see them surrounded by reminders of hundreds of other families living through the same thing "beautiful"?  You know what a beautiful picture would be: seeing a picture of this father walking his daughter down the aisle, or him holding her while she blows out the candle on her 1st birthday cake.

This is ugly!  We shouldn't want to see these pictures.  The only use these pictures should serve is as solemn reminders of the hell these families go through and take that into account the next time we decide to Tweet about the size of a non-existent button.  

• Plus1 5

I actually have never seen something like this captioned "so beautiful". Wrenching, heartbreaking, moving.... Even when people use the word "beautiful", it's not like this.  So beautiful. So awesome.

Trump has a lack of humanity that shows through even when he tries to fake it. We've seen this before in his responses to events. The man has no heart, no empathy.

Edited by zoogs
  • Plus1 1
23 minutes ago, funhusker said:

I've seen pictures like this before called "beautiful", and it isn't just Trump.  But I don't understand why?  Why is seeing a woman weep, a baby who will never know her father, and to see them surrounded by reminders of hundreds of other families living through the same thing "beautiful"?  You know what a beautiful picture would be: seeing a picture of this father walking his daughter down the aisle, or him holding her while she blows out the candle on her 1st birthday cake.

This is ugly!  We shouldn't want to see these pictures.  The only use these pictures should serve is as solemn reminders of the hell these families go through and take that into account the next time we decide to Tweet about the size of a non-existent button.  

I thought the exact same thing when I saw the word "beautiful".  

This is an unavoidable eventuality when one party wraps itself in the flag (and the troops) so completely but so hollowly for political gain.

That's not beautiful. It's gut wrenching and heartbreaking. How anyone could describe a widow sprawled over the memorial to a father and husband taken too soon as anything else is beyond me.

I'm tired of the GOP power players playing fake patriots. They'll gladly stand behind a photo like the above to display their "patriotism" for everyone, but they can't be bothered to own up to all the service men and women they send off to die or all the thousands of civilians worldwide who wind up as collateral damage casualties that are excusable or even necessary to advance their agenda. 

I wish we we had people who revered the sanctity of lost lives of fallen military members or stood up for the constitutional rights of ALL Americans. But we don't. So they'll just continue to voice their support when it suits them and sit silently when it doesn't.

Down with the fake patriots. I'm tired of the hollow words. 

• Plus1 3
20 hours ago, zoogs said:

I actually have never seen something like this captioned "so beautiful". Wrenching, heartbreaking, moving.... Even when people use the word "beautiful", it's not like this.  So beautiful. So awesome.

Trump has a lack of humanity that shows through even when he tries to fake it. We've seen this before in his responses to events. The man has no heart, no empathy.

And he has little in the way of vocabulary, and it's getting smaller day by day.  Beautiful is for chocolate cake, Military widows, Mrs. Macron (and because I went blank I did a google, and these are other things he has called "beautiful"):

Sleeping gas, Mexican border wall, a secret door in the wall of the WH, Health care bills, confederate statues, military weapons, FB players tackling each other, Belgium, his own temperment, coal, the Dakota Access pipeline, phones at the WH, airports in other countries .....

• Plus1 2