Trump's America

zoogs

1 hour ago, dudeguyy said:

There are multiple distinct instances of Trump creeping on teenagers that were taking part in his pageants. He's on record as bragging about being able to walk in on NAKED TEENAGERS just because he was the owner. He's also on record of saying multiple very creepy things about his own daughter & even a 10 year old walking through Trump Tower.

I'm not aware of him ever acting on it but to me this is pretty firmly in Roy Moore territory. I don't know if this guy has no filter or whatever, but he's a seriously disgusting individual.

The bolded is important. None of the Trump accusers were consenting to his advances.

I a well aware of the disgusting accusations with pageants and assaulting women.

However, this particular episode that Ivanka was asked about was not any of these.  It was about a connecting relationship with a Playboy Playmate.....Karen McDougall....at least that is the latest one that I think brought up this question.

Edited by BigRedBuster

2 hours ago, dudeguyy said:

There are multiple distinct instances of Trump creeping on teenagers that were taking part in his pageants. He's on record as bragging about being able to walk in on NAKED TEENAGERS just because he was the owner. He's also on record of saying multiple very creepy things about his own daughter & even a 10 year old walking through Trump Tower.

I'm not aware of him ever acting on it but to me this is pretty firmly in Roy Moore territory. I don't know if this guy has no filter or whatever, but he's a seriously disgusting individual.

The bolded is important. None of the Trump accusers were consenting to his advances.

That Vox article is disgusting (10 year old, etc)

Trump announces he is running in 2020 -- already.  As long as he can out run Mueller

Head line on Drudge:

DON GOES ON: Just one year into his presidency, Trump will stun the political world by announcing he is running for re-election in 2020. Digital guru Brad Parscale will be named campaign manager, DRUDGE REPORT has learned... MORE... The bold move comes 980 days before Election Day, a historical record. Obama announced 582 days out.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/brad-parscale-trump-2020-campagin-manager-announced-today-2018-02-27/

President Donald Trump announced that he's running for re-election in 2020, and Brad Parscale, who served as the Trump campaign's 2016 digital guru, has been named campaign manager.

In an announcement posted on the president's campaign website, his son, Eric Trump, called Parscale "an amazing talent" who was "pivotal to our success in 2016." Top Trump adviser and Trump son-in-law Jared Kushner said that Parscale "was essential in bringing a disciplined technology and data-driven approach to how the 2016 campaign was run."

The news was first reported by Matt Drudge of the Drudge Report. 

The president had already filed for re-election -- he filed his Form 2 paperwork with the Federal Election Commission hours after he was inaugurated over a year ago. He has also held a number of re-election campaign rallies already.

How he wins:

https://newrepublic.com/article/147119/trump-wins-reelection

Quoted in part

But recent data should trouble them. Internal polling by the Democratic group Priorities USA showed the president’s approval rating had climbed to 44 percent in early February, which “mirrors Trump’s improving position in public polls.” Gallup finds a narrow majority of Americans support his handling of the economy, and the new Republican tax law is getting more popular.

“I think people just kind of assume he’s a goner,” FiveThirtyEight statistician Nate Silver told me recently, “but look, he’s now more in a range where presidents have recovered to win reelection. His approval rating is up to 41 or 42 percent in our tracking. That verges on being a normal number that resembles what happened to Reagan or Clinton or Obama in their second years.” (Silver noted over the weekend that Trump dipped to 39 percent in their tracking.) As Jim Messina, who managed President Barack Obama’s reelection campaign in 2012, warned earlier this month, “Donald Trump can absolutely be reelected.”

Former George W. Bush speechwriter Matt Latimer is even more confident of the president’s chances. “Donald Trump is on track to win reelection,” he argued in Politico Magazine over the weekend. “He’s cut taxes. He’s rolled back regulations. He’s put ISIS on its heels. The economy and the stock market are humming along again, despite recent turmoil.”

No analyst I interviewed would speak as confidently. “Only an an amateur would try to predict the results of a presidential election three years from now,” Roger Stone, the longtime GOP consultant and Trump confidant, told me. But the notion that Trump won’t make it to 2020whether because he’s impeached, he resigns, or worse—looks increasingly misguided. So does Democrats’ confidence in taking back the White House. “When you think you’re destined to win,” said Larry Sabato, the director of the University of Virginia’s Center for Politics, “you’re halfway to losing.”

“If you had the election literally today, I think Trump would be an underdog in the popular vote, but I don’t know about the electoral college,” FiveThirtyEight’s Nate Silver told me.He’s coming from a low point where he had, approval ratings wise, by far the worst first year of any president. But he’s kind of reverting to some mean, in a way, and the mean is how, on average, incumbent presidents get reelected. You know, on average incumbent presidents are having a rough time two years in and their parties suffer anywhere between mild and humongous loses in the midterms, but the baseline case is that incumbent presidents usually win.”

Democratic strategist Doug Sosnik wrote in The Washington Post in October. “Since Trump’s inaugural address, his focus has been on maintaining his support among this loyal base rather than expanding it. As counterintuitive as it may seem, this could be a winning political strategy.”

Sosnik argued that Trump can’t win a two-person race with this strategy, but wrote that the president might have another pathway: “The lack of voters’ faith in both parties increases the probability that there will be a major third-party candidate on the 2020 ballot. It will also lead to other minor-party candidates joining the presidential race. The multi-candidate field will further divide the anti-Trump vote, making it possible for him to get reelected simply by holding on to his current level of support.”

The modern-era history of deregulatory efforts (and let's decouple this from "Republican", for a moment, if that would make it more palatable) is not a pretty one, and it's not one to which it is sensible to ascribe benevolent motivations, or good-faith intentions.

Kushner looses security clearance.   I wonder how Trump will create his newest 'work a-round'?:dunno

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/02/27/jared-kushner-security-clearance-downgrade-427178

Presidential son-in-law and adviser Jared Kushner has had his security clearance downgraded — a move that will prevent him from viewing many of the sensitive documents to which he once had unfettered access.

Kushner is not alone. All White House aides working on the highest-level interim clearances — at the Top Secret/SCI-level — were informed in a memo sent Friday that their clearances would be downgraded to the Secret level, according to three people with knowledge of the situation.

Look for a big Wink and Nod  to COS Kelly:

The president has the ability to grant Kushner a permanent clearance, but Trump said Friday — the same day the memo was sent — that he was leaving the decision to his chief of staff.

“I will let General Kelly make that decision,” Trump told reporters. “I have no doubt he’ll make the right decision.”

The White House did not respond to a request for comment on the memo.

White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders declined to comment on Kushner’s clearance status at a briefing Tuesday.

Edited by TGHusker
8 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Kushner looses security clearance.   I wonder how Trump will create his newest 'work a-round'?:dunno

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/02/27/jared-kushner-security-clearance-downgrade-427178

Look for a big Wink and Nod  to COS Kelly:

Soo......about Ivanka's clearance now.

Question.....now.....if it's proven that going forward Jared is given information he should need a clearance for, that would be breaking the law and prosecutable.....right?

Edited by BigRedBuster

The bigger picture is the fact that we have people working in the admin who shouldn't be or at least not be near sensitive info. 

What made Jared a top presidential advisor?  What made his wife the same?  Only their connection to Trump.

What makes Trump's airplane pilot qualified for his new job. Again - relationship to Donald and nothing more.

Trump often talked about running govt like a business, but large businesses wouldn't get by wt this type of nepotism. 

• Plus1 2
12 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

The bigger picture is the fact that we have people working in the admin who shouldn't be or at least not be near sensitive info. 

What made Jared a top presidential advisor?  What made his wife the same?  Only their connection to Trump.

What makes Trump's airplane pilot qualified for his new job. Again - relationship to Donald and nothing more.

Trump often talked about running govt like a business, but large businesses wouldn't get by wt this type of nepotism. 

True.

I'm interested in knowing why he couldn't get security clearance.