Trump's America

zoogs

10 hours ago, mrandyk said:

I'm inclined to agree with you, but probably because growing up I viewed it as its own entity with no relation to the Confederacy.

2 hours ago, ZRod said:

Same, I knew the car before I knew about the person.

Not to totally derail this thread.  But, I've never really had a problem with General Lee (the person).  He didn't want to join the confederacy and was against slavery.  He agreed to lead the army because he was from Virginia and didn't want to see his state destroyed.

On the flip side, General Grant actually owned slaves and actually didn't want to fight for the north.

And people think we live in weird times.

2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

That's about the same as me saying that I (in my drunken state) got educated at UNL the same as Warren Buffet.

Not even close.

To be fair, most of Buffett's education, at least with regards to financial markets, was a by-product of his time spent Columbia.

Nevertheless, I'd hope you could still answer 17 x 6 or, at worst, know that it isn't 1,112.

So now Trump wants to change the design of Air Force 1 to project a more "American look".  Seems to me that after 55 years the plane is pretty iconic and is already

a bold symbol of America.

Oh, and he wants a more comfortable bed too. 

Just some more narcissistic babble from the president. 

https://www.axios.com/donald-trump-new-air-force-one-paint-job-b3ff40b3-f8da-448e-9023-a1ea73067488.html

• Trump wants to change the plane's signature blue-and-white look that goes back 55 years, to a redesign of the presidential aircraft by President John F. Kennedy and First Lady Jackie Kennedy in the early 1960s.
    • We’re told that Trump wants a color scheme that "looks more American" and isn’t a "Jackie Kennedy color." He doesn’t think the current blue (technically "luminous ultramarine") represents the USA.
    • The president's preferred design is believed to include red, white and blue.

1 minute ago, TGHusker said:

I'm reading a book about General/President Grant - and yes he proved he deserves to be on that car instead of Gen Lee.

old joke....do you know why the general lee car had the number 01 on it?   because General Lees war record was 0-1

• Plus1 3