Trump's America

zoogs

Day One.

https://twitter.com/KelliZoe/status/796442907096055819

"Build that wall!"

One day after Republican candidate Donald Trump was elected president, some middle school students in Royal Oak chanted enthusiasm for one of his platform planks: the building of a wall between the United States and Mexico.

The incident — a small group of students chanting "Build the wall!" — was captured on video and shared widely via Facebook, and took place during a lunch at Royal Oak Middle School.

• Fire 1

I am not defending DT or HC here but this is asinine. Things like what is mentioned above happen every day in this country and long before Trump joined the political world.

But just as Obama was blamed, Trump will be too.

• Fire 2

Things like what is mentioned above happen every day in this country and long before Trump joined the political world.

Maybe (although I have my suspicions that everything is exactly the same), but if so, how many of them were galvanized by and referencing the President? How many people committed hate crimes, how much hateful language, how much nationalism is done in the name of Barack Obama?

• Fire 2

Things like what is mentioned above happen every day in this country and long before Trump joined the political world.

Maybe (although I have my suspicions that everything is exactly the same), but if so, how many of them were galvanized by and referencing the President? How many people committed hate crimes, how much hateful language, how much nationalism is done in the name of Barack Obama?

This is just a guess...but, lots? Cause lots of people are idiots?

I am not defending DT or HC here but this is asinine. Things like what is mentioned above happen every day in this country and long before Trump joined the political world.

But just as Obama was blamed, Trump will be too.

It would be a tragic blunder, in my view, not to see the connection between the newly empowered normal in America and the wave of support that elected Trump.

• Fire 2

https://www.splcenter.org/20160413/trump-effect-impact-presidential-campaign-our-nations-schools

It’s producing an alarming level of fear and anxiety among children of color and inflaming racial and ethnic tensions in the classroom. Many students worry about being deported.
Other students have been emboldened by the divisive, often juvenile rhetoric in the campaign. Teachers have noted an increase in bullying, harassment and intimidation of students whose races, religions or nationalities have been the verbal targets of candidates on the campaign trail.
Educators are perplexed and conflicted about what to do. They report being stymied by the need to remain nonpartisan but disturbed by the anxiety in their classrooms and the lessons that children may be absorbing from this campaign.
  • Fire 3

https://www.splcenter.org/20160413/trump-effect-impact-presidential-campaign-our-nations-schools

It’s producing an alarming level of fear and anxiety among children of color and inflaming racial and ethnic tensions in the classroom. Many students worry about being deported.
Other students have been emboldened by the divisive, often juvenile rhetoric in the campaign. Teachers have noted an increase in bullying, harassment and intimidation of students whose races, religions or nationalities have been the verbal targets of candidates on the campaign trail.
Educators are perplexed and conflicted about what to do. They report being stymied by the need to remain nonpartisan but disturbed by the anxiety in their classrooms and the lessons that children may be absorbing from this campaign.

Educators telling other kids that hate speech and bullying is NOT allowed is not partisan. It's being a leader in the school and showing that those actions are not tolerated.

• Fire 1

Educators telling other kids that hate speech and bullying is NOT allowed is not partisan. It's being a leader in the school and showing that those actions are not tolerated.

I'm pretty dang sure the students would not be allowed to chant that in our school.

• Fire 1