Trump's America

zoogs

https://www.splcenter.org/20160413/trump-effect-impact-presidential-campaign-our-nations-schools

It’s producing an alarming level of fear and anxiety among children of color and inflaming racial and ethnic tensions in the classroom. Many students worry about being deported.
Other students have been emboldened by the divisive, often juvenile rhetoric in the campaign. Teachers have noted an increase in bullying, harassment and intimidation of students whose races, religions or nationalities have been the verbal targets of candidates on the campaign trail.
Educators are perplexed and conflicted about what to do. They report being stymied by the need to remain nonpartisan but disturbed by the anxiety in their classrooms and the lessons that children may be absorbing from this campaign.

Educators telling other kids that hate speech and bullying is NOT allowed is not partisan. It's being a leader in the school and showing that those actions are not tolerated.

I'm pretty dang sure the students would not be allowed to chant that in our school.

Nor mine. For one it's just simple misbehavior against the rules. Unless raucous chants are allowed there.

• Fire 1

Yes, TAKODA, but they're being put in an impossible situation.

In any normal course of events, we put aside our partisan differences and celebrate the new President.

It's a little hard to tell people about hate speech and misogyny when President-elect Donald Trump opened his campaign with "Mexico is sending murderers and rapists" (closing with "There are some baaaaaad hombres"), and never acknowledged that what he talked about was, in fact, sexual assault. Among the many, many other things he has said. It's impossible to celebrate a new President who thinks the worst part of "Grab her by the pu&&y" was that he offended people with his language. And it's impossible to repudiate hate speech, racism, and sexism, without repudiating the man -- and new POTUS -- himself. The absurdity of it all.

Think about the extent to which there is "DJT says what we are all thinking but have been afraid to say. Now we can."

• Fire 1

In any normal course of events, we put aside our partisan differences and celebrate the new President.

It's a little hard to tell people about hate speech and misogyny when President-elect Donald Trump opened his campaign with "Mexico is sending murderers and rapists" (closing with "There are some baaaaaad hombres"), and never acknowledged that what he talked about was, in fact, sexual assault. Among the many, many other things he has said. It's impossible to celebrate a new President who thinks the worst part of "Grab her by the pu&&y" was that he offended people with his language. And it's impossible to repudiate hate speech, racism, and sexism, without repudiating the man -- and new POTUS -- himself. The absurdity of it all.

Think about the extent to which there is "DJT says what we are all thinking but have been afraid to say. Now we can."

so there are no bad ppl coming across the border from Mexico?

The problem with his statements is that he says..."They aren't sending the good ones, folks".

Well, there is one hell of a big load of BS about that statement. I personally know some very very very good people who are hispanic immigrants that raise great families, participate in the community and America is better for them being here. But....all he has to say is we are getting a bunch of rapist and murderers.

• Fire 1

Irresponsibly xenophobic fear-mongering.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2016/jul/14/gary-johnson/mexican-immigrants-more-law-abiding/

cool. But i never saw in there that all are law abiding. I also never saw anywhere where Trump said "all mexicans are bad hombres". See what's happening? spin mode in warp speed?

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 2

Irresponsibly xenophobic fear-mongering.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2016/jul/14/gary-johnson/mexican-immigrants-more-law-abiding/

cool. But i never saw in there that all are law abiding. I also never saw anywhere where Trump said "all mexicans are bad hombres". See what's happening? spin mode in warp speed?

So, what does "they aren't sending us the good ones" mean?

• Fire 1

The problem with his statements is that he says..."They aren't sending the good ones, folks".

Well, there is one hell of a big load of BS about that statement. I personally know some very very very good people who are hispanic immigrants that raise great families, participate in the community and America is better for them being here. But....all he has to say is we are getting a bunch of rapist and murderers.

he did? he said that?

giphy.gif

guess i dont see it. never heard it. so it's assumption. interpretation. If you, and other people, wanna take it that way, so be it.

Count, it takes zero spin to be able to discern so much of what Trump has said as inflammatory and really, an open assault on decency norms in speech.

Therein the quandary.

You don't want to let kids know it's acceptable that this is how we talk to and about one another. And yet the new President does it. Not only that, the message of his campaign and his victory is that this ought to be OK.

• Fire 3

he did? he said that?

giphy.gif

guess i dont see it. never heard it. so it's assumption. interpretation. If you, and other people, wanna take it that way, so be it.

You clearly haven't done your research on Trump.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2015/06/16/full-text-donald-trump-announces-a-presidential-bid/

"When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending their best. They're not sending you. They're not sending you. They're sending people that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems with us. They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists. And some, I assume, are good people."

• Fire 4

he did? he said that?

giphy.gif

As a very staunch Trump supporter... yes, yes he said that. lol

PC. He should be nicey nice for the sake of it, cuz we have ppl who cant handle the truth in a proper way? Dont say this or that, cuz such and such might us it to overreach and generalize?

lot of reaching goin on in here. im out. good chats fellas. I'll go back to being a happy delusional uneducated guy from podunk i guess. Enjoy being miserable over nothing.

Count, it takes zero spin to be able to discern so much of what Trump has said as inflammatory and really, an open assault on decency norms in speech.

Therein the quandary.

You don't want to let kids know it's acceptable that this is how we talk to and about one another. And yet the new President does it. Not only that, the message of his campaign and his victory is that this ought to be OK.

• Plus1 1